Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

On 8/24/2024 at 5:42 AM, Badgalbriel said:

It's crazy that after all that success, she's still faceless. I think she lacks a defining identity trait. Sabrina has her hair and cute-girl next door that could kill you vibe, Billie has her emo clothes and green hair, Chapell has her drag. Dua has no identity outside of looking pretty now. In fact, her bored face and "go girl, give us nothing" was more of an identity trait than whatever she is now. 

Imagine if she's able to tour Asia with multiple sold out dates (something many can't do) or sell out 2 Wembleys in minutes right now, what will she be able to do when she gets a face?  :grill:

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

The infamous CVS "Radical Optimism" journal is out there in pieces. :gaycat5:

Some titles: (I'm guessing based on lyrics since some aren't titled ) 

Only Love Can Break Your Heart 

Alone

Generation 

Moving Different

Magic In The Air 

Nowhere 

Curious on how these sound! 

Let's hope for a deluxe soon. 
:celestial:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tkoivan said:

The infamous CVS "Radical Optimism" journal is out there in pieces. :gaycat5:

Some titles: (I'm guessing based on lyrics since some aren't titled ) 

Only Love Can Break Your Heart 

Alone

Generation 

Moving Different

Magic In The Air 

Nowhere 

Curious on how these sound! 

Let's hope for a deluxe soon. 
:celestial:

Interesting!

That made me realize another huge part of the FN era (for stans): that there were soooo many (great) outtakes leaking left and right to hold everyone over. Whereas RO is bone dry. It helped keepthe momentum going when she and team weren't planning something official

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Interesting!

That made me realize another huge part of the FN era (for stans): that there were soooo many (great) outtakes leaking left and right to hold everyone over. Whereas RO is bone dry. It helped keepthe momentum going when she and team weren't planning something official

I think no one even cares to leak the dull RO outtakes. 

IMG_6450.thumb.jpeg.e30239b0699011c4760c

Except from the sessions of Houdini and TS. We will gladly take those. 

Edited by katara
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

She's arrogant after FN now you can tell. She thinks she doesn't have to try that hard and her father enables her delusions. 

If she was a popstar in the early 2000's they would have had her promoting the **** out of every era regardless of how successful the one was before. The fact that she went on vacation after dropping Houdini is a joke. She doesn't have the work ethic or stamina. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Bookmark99 said:

She's arrogant after FN now you can tell. She thinks she doesn't have to try that hard and her father enables her delusions. 

If she was a popstar in the early 2000's they would have had her promoting the **** out of every era regardless of how successful the one was before. The fact that she went on vacation after dropping Houdini is a joke. She doesn't have the work ethic or stamina. 

now that's bullshit - be serious. She worked her ass off for years. I'd love her to keep that same level of promotion/performing this era, too -- but my stanning brain aside, good for her for separating work from life. She has a fabulous, exciting, worldly life. She's having fun and clearly doesn't have much pressure from her label. SHe's being authentic and I think that's awesome.

Edited by ahauntingnearu
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tkoivan said:

Magic In The Air 

Could this be Maria's edm-ish late 2000s house-pop inspired bop summer strack sister? :heart:

1 hour ago, Bookmark99 said:

Yeah but be fair, apparently she's making moves to launch ice cream and desserts.

That's pretty cool 😎 ( pun intended).

Another day with no Amsterdam tour date announcement, I hope DL4 becomes the death kiss for her career

✌✌✌✌✌ EXID ✌✌✌✌✌✌ | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh Dua, the pop girl with no face that you are :grill:

• Like 2

RO left Billboard 200 after 15 weeks and Illusion left Hot 100

Real era starts in January this was just a trial run

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Solaria said:

Real era starts in January this was just a trial run

I'm sorry but that's exactly what she deserves. Hope she's snubbed by Grammys and Brits.
Billie, Olivia, Doja and Sabrina's marketing teams are so creative and innovative, her team consists of 50 year old yes mam's.

The worst part is this era didn't even get any budget and by looking at its performance, next era will be facing the same fate…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

the double kill

K5GItBN.gif

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

It's about to leave the UK album chart too which is way worse for her.

Her sudden apocalyptic downfall will be studied in the future like Katy/Paula Abdul.

Thanks Dua's greed. Thanks Dukagjin. Thanks Kevin Parker. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

hopefully we get something in September before her festival performance in the US.

I am worried for the tour also. Like they must be on crack if they think the GP wants to hear those RO album tracks. The tour will be panned as well if she does that.

K5GItBN.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im so glad this album flopped so miserably hard. Should send a clear message to both her and her team that she can NOT get by with some mediocre music like Radical Optimism again. The album is a total bore and GP clearly said no.

If you're not going to deliver quality pop music like FN, keep it.

I just hope this flop hasn't hurt her career, and can have a comeback. Because she has been complete MIA in the states for months and months now, and nobody cares.

They need to campaign hard again next time. And the music needs to SERVE.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

Im so glad this album flopped so miserably hard. Should send a clear message to both her and her team that she can NOT get by with some mediocre music like Radical Optimism again. The album is a total bore and GP clearly said no.

If you're not going to deliver quality pop music like FN, keep it.

I just hope this flop hasn't hurt her career, and can have a comeback. Because she has been complete MIA in the states for months and months now, and nobody cares.

They need to campaign hard again next time. And the music needs to SERVE.

I don't think she thought she was getting away with that; she really believed/s in it

Rising coming for Cowboy Carter streams 

Btw…. Tour announcement could finally be announced next week 

These Walls might be the next single, was sent to the radio in France.

9 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Great choice imo! 

what happened to the falling forever video? lol

4 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Let's hope not. We need fresh tracks. Those RO album tracks are gonna do nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Honestly if they decide to "come back" with Flop Walls after 4 months of absolute silence after album release I will be super pissed and lose ALL hope they will turn things around. Like are they working with just 2 braincells this era or what?

Edited by katara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.