Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

1 minute ago, katara said:

I agree that she is just one or 2 new smashes away from continuing to where she left off with FN BUT she is also just some more flops away to losing her status completely. It's a tricky situation to be in.

Also touring success is tricky because you can have touring success long after being commercially over. Look at P!nk in general or how the Witness tour was a pretty big success. 

Yeah but Pink was still producing hits for years. One smash album will not sustain Dua forever. Pink has solidified herself with her target audience and is a proven performer. 

Dua needs more hits. Simple as that. I think after FNs success, she jumped the gun too quickly and thought she could do everything on her own.

She doesn't have the skill yet to executive produce a full album and curate a fully realised era. I just know Dukigjin and "the band"were yes men and didn't push back on some of her ideas. TAP was that guiding hand for her.

I sometimes wonder what TAP and Ben think about this era.

• Like 4

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Houdini and Training Season are truly such incredible songs, they are both doing 1M+ daily still (Illusion isn't even doing a half of that and the rest...), why the hell the rest of the album doesn't sound like that. Even as a stan I hardly ever come back to anything else.

I mean don't you have more tea for us why that is? :gaycat2:

• Like 1

What is she waiting for? Falling Forever can still save the era. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

:bibliahh:

• Haha 8

Anyway, RO still an awful title. Should have been Faceless Popstar

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

21 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

When life feels a little too radically optimistic, I just visit this thread and remind myself that there's always a more bitter and upsetting path to take when it comes to being a Dua stan :heart: 

The album is bland/dull

The album/era flopped

There is just Houdini (& TS) to cling to for positivity. 

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, katara said:

I mean don't you have more tea for us why that is? :gaycat2:

I mean what tea.. there is no tea. There was no drama, she made the album she wanted, that's all

• Like 3

the only feasible timeframe for a new album launch/drop is somewhere between the end of the asian tour leg and the wembley shows.

it would work to get the album ready for wembley bc then they'd have amazing live footage of some of those songs already they could use as promo (and it surely is going to look and sound great at wembley stadium!) 

anyway some of the takes in here are ridiculous lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

I mean what tea.. there is no tea. There was no drama, she made the album she wanted, that's all

Well she clearly needs the shackles back then. Off to the writing camps!

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, katara said:

Well she clearly needs the shackles back then. Off to the writing camps!

She needs Ben Mawson :sherlock:

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Anyway, RO still an awful title. Should have been Faceless Popstar

Imagine if it was called Vertigo and was full of the Houdini sound :WAP:

90+ on Metacritic

It would start slow commercially like RO but due to the quality it would grow over time like brat did. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I just don't understand why she didn't use the hype she got with Glastonbury and Wembley? She could have announced Australia for December (right after the Asian dates) and then the rest of the world for 2025. And I think her team should have booked her for all the relevant American festivals. Just look at how it took Chappell and Sabrina's career to a new level. She could literally announce the American dates after them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, katara said:

The album is bland/dull

The album/era flopped

There is just Houdini (& TS) to cling to for positivity. 

Me since late May

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

it's the way she knows Houdini and TS are her best songs but decided to not record more songs like that :dies: 

"Whatcha Doing" should've been a single. It could've done something with a remix as the fourth US single, maybe with Bruno (he's also on Warner).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Doing anything other than music related :skull:

• Haha 3

That Bruno duet with Gaga should have logically gone with Dua (since Bruno is a warner artist and he made the song and simply asked Gaga to be on it). This is kinda what she needs right now in a flop era. She needs a strong duet that becomes a smash....

She is doing all the wrong moves right now....

I wouldnt mind Radical Optimism as an album and era if we KNEW FOR SURE that she was working on a new album slated to be released in 2025 or something but she and her team have said that they will make this a long era...This is really discouraging 

• Like 5

I do enjoy Radical Optimism for what it is, These Walls for example, such a lovely song. However, wow the marketing was so misleading! I really expected a cohesive album that sounded just like Houdini, what a shame.

• Like 2

I still love the album 

I hope she release next month the album! Im ready, also the Tour dates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Me since late May

Not my cameo 😭

5 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Yeah honestly I think it was a mistake on Warner's part to give her so much creative freedom for this project. FN was massively label backed and you can tell that they clearly wanted that to be a blockbuster pop album so they got together the most A-List writers & photographers possible to put that era together, both sonically and visually. Dua needed editing for this record.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Solaria said:

Yeah honestly I think it was a mistake on Warner's part to give her so much creative freedom for this project. FN was massively label backed and you can tell that they clearly wanted that to be a blockbuster pop album so they got together the most A-List writers & photographers possible to put that era together, both sonically and visually. Dua needed editing for this record.

Hmmm. I think something happened after Houdini and TS. Both are so different from what we heard on the rest of the album, not really sonically but the way they just hit. Something happened and made the production softer me thinks.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Bencharmer said:

Illusion was a huge summer hit in my local forest. It was played everyday by me and the trees loved it.

:ryan3:

I also made Munich's parks fond of it. :gaycatina1:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, katara said:

Imagine if it was called Vertigo and was full of the Houdini sound :WAP:

90+ on Metacritic

It would start slow commercially like RO but due to the quality it would grow over time like brat did. 

i always think about this! :dies::emofish: what could have been

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.