Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Radical Optimism surpass 1.1 billion views :gaycat3:

you're my whole life — DUA LIPA Glastonbury (2024) "Oh, man, this is a...

BTW..... the album is predicted to be #8 at the UK this week mid-week charts reports :alexz2:

Edited by Ivan_brit
  • Like 1

None of the songs on the album are as awful as Good In Bed or NMP, so this is a win for her.

My top right now:

Houdini - 100
End Of An Era - 100
TS - 95
HFY -95
Illusion -90
These Walls -90
Falling Forever - 90
Maria - 90

Anything For Love - 85
Whatcha Doing -80 
French Exit -80

:ryan3:

• Like 1

If they remove that intro on Falling Forever it might be a cute single choice but if they keep the blasting intro vocal for the radio edit it just wont click. The GP has had enough with loud songs...its why whisper singing is back in style etc...I dont like whisper singing and I love that Dua is a "loud" vocalist but she cannot send FF as is to radio with that screeching vocal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

None of the songs on the album are as awful as Good In Bed or NMP, so this is a win for her.

My top right now:

Houdini - 100
End Of An Era - 100
TS - 95
HFY -95
Illusion -90
These Walls -90
Falling Forever - 90
Maria - 90

Anything For Love - 85
Whatcha Doing -80 
French Exit -80

:ryan3:

Exactly. Nothing even remotely bad. The highs aren't as high, but it's a more consistently GOOD album (vs. FN's mostly great). Doesn't make it better ofc, though I still really enjoy it. 

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

If they remove that intro on Falling Forever it might be a cute single choice but if they keep the blasting intro vocal for the radio edit it just wont click. The GP has had enough with loud songs...its why whisper singing is back in style etc...I dont like whisper singing and I love that Dua is a "loud" vocalist but she cannot send FF as is to radio with that screeching vocal. 

Hmm idk. Not really the right word. She sounds great anyway, idk what some of y'all are on :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Really. I think it could be a meme and something that could be viral on tik tok. They need to nail the visuals/MV. She's whispering at the end of the song so she's giving us both sides of the coin :gaygacat4:

• Like 1

Honestly i think she should let the rest of the songs as cute album tracks , record 3-4 REALLY psychedelic bangers and give us a re release after Summer if she wants to keep going with this era 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shark_heather said:

Honestly i think she should let the rest of the songs as cute album tracks , record 3-4 REALLY psychedelic bangers and give us a re release after Summer if she wants to keep going with this era 

I agree, release the FF video and send it to radio (might as well) and then come with a good deluxe or a smash collab

• Like 2

I know it's probably fake, but if she performs at the Olympics, I will be so gagged because she's done exclusively huge televised performances.

Hopefully she has some new tracks or a collaboration coming soon, though. The campaign has been 9 months long so far including all the pre-release stuffs.

It's a shame DTN ****** Houdini over, as everything would've gone so differently had it smashed, but oh well! At least the discourse around RO has somewhat turned into a positive one after Glastonbury.

Posted (edited)

Can she just release FF as single? Illusion is the one that is about to evaporate from Hot100 and we need a new, better, stronger representation there than that Italiam Top10 Radio Single from 2007. Which I enjoy but let's be honest here, the song bombed itself, TS and the whole album. I like it, but as a single, its literally the single from her I have the worst relationship with

:suburban:

Edited by tjspy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, tjspy said:

Can she just release FF as single? Illusion is the one that is about to evaporate from Hot100 and we need a new, better, stronger representation there than that Italiam Top10 Radio Single from 2007. Which I enjoy but let's be honest here, the song bombed itself, TS and the whole album. I like it, but as a single, its literally the single from her I have the worst relationship with

Illusion wont evaporate anytime soon, still increasing at radio :alexz:#20 overall radio & it will rise to #8 tomorrow at Pop :party:

But yes maybe she should start teasing Falling Forever :duca:

By the way.... did anyone notice the back video at Glastonbury of FF what if this is a teaser of the video?

Edited by Ivan_brit

3 hours ago, Null said:

I know it's probably fake, but if she performs at the Olympics, I will be so gagged because she's done exclusively huge televised performances.

Hopefully she has some new tracks or a collaboration coming soon, though. The campaign has been 9 months long so far including all the pre-release stuffs.

It's a shame DTN ****** Houdini over, as everything would've gone so differently had it smashed, but oh well! At least the discourse around RO has somewhat turned into a positive one after Glastonbury.

As the era unfolds it's becoming more and more clear to me that Dua's career is in good shape. No one 'cares' about the flop, her image is still very much in tact and I feel like people are genuinely still rooting for her and want her to smash again. If she releases a banger I'm sure she can get a worldwide hit again and take it from there

News like Houdini being the most played song on radio globally this year and her selling out stadiums shows that everyone is still here for her, the material and era just didn't click with people but she's kind of getting a pass for that

• Thanks 4

the fact anything for love is already nearing for less than 40k daily streams :deadbanana4:

coming for 1 daily stream soon :clap3:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Illusion wont evaporate anytime soon, still increasing at radio :alexz:#20 overall radio & it will rise to #8 tomorrow at Pop :party:

Oh, I though the song had peaked on radio because I saw a -8% on the Hot100 predictions 

I guess she took a even bigger hit on streams then. Good news they can't fall below 0

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

It's great that the song is a radio hit but it's frustrating that it doesn't reach a new peak on the hot 100, I would really like it to reach the top 40

An Olympics performance would be huge... She'd be on the list of legends like The Spice Girls and Kylie whose done it previously, which means you are an iconic Popstar so will just further solidify her legendary status.

• Like 4

She should release a great music video for 'FF' and then go all out with a deluxe edition with tracks similar to Houdini, all before the Asian leg of the tour so she can promote it there and close the era with the tour.

And as someone mentioned here, the album is solid. There's no song as weak as 'BWBB' or 'GIB' (even though I love 'GIB'), but for me, there's only one that is GOD TIER, and that's 'Houdini'. In the other hand FN for me had 'Physical', 'Levi', 'Love Again', 'DSN', and even 'BMH', which is a 9.5/10. That's why we really need that deluxe edition to be THE deluxe :jonnycat:

Edited by Naikuun

Damn...I love the extended versions. It got me through my Peloton workout today. Cooling down to French Exit after a couple gummies..would recommend.

12 minutes ago, Naikuun said:

She should release a great music video for 'FF' and then go all out with a deluxe edition with tracks similar to Houdini, all before the Asian leg of the tour so she can promote it there and close the era with the tour.

And as someone mentioned here, the album is solid. There's no song as weak as 'BWBB' or 'GIB' (even though I love 'GIB'), but for me, there's only one that is GOD TIER, and that's 'Houdini'. In the other hand FN for me had 'Physical', 'Levi', 'Love Again', 'DSN', and even 'BMH', which is a 9.5/10. That's why we really need that deluxe edition to be THE deluxe :jonnycat:

Knowing how Dua works, the deluxe has probably been ready since before the album even came out

But I do hope they see the reception to Houdini and TS vs the rest of the album and decided to make the deluxe more in the vain of those darker songs instead of the summery songs

• Like 1

Are we really getting a video for Falling Forever? :skull:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Are we really getting a video for Falling Forever? :skull:

nope, the video she shot were just visuals for Glastonbury/summer tour. (Training Season Intro + Falling Forever)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

nope, the video she shot were just visuals for Glastonbury/summer tour. (Training Season Intro + Falling Forever)

oh...

47 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

I don't think so. She posted on her IG that when she was in Budapest, she also had time to film a music video.

spacer.png

Edited by Migs

Hopefully the video is for These Walls 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dula Peep said:

Hopefully the video is for These Walls 

Appropriate its for Falling Forever which I'm happy

These Walls would be great September single since it capture the melancholy end if summer brings

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.