Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

She had 3 back to back upbeat, straight in your face singles and none of them really popped off. It would be stupid to make Falling Forever a single considering this is the year of mid tempo bangers. Let's start with These Walls, followed by Whatcha Doing Remix and be a little smart. 
Happy For You us a great track but not a single material, FF can be the farewell single of era just like Love Again….

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Labraiseofficial said:

Life is hard seeing the wrong Houdini in the Spotify top 10 

Doesn't have to be if you don't obsess or slightly care about chart positions and simply listen what you like ;)

• Like 5

Just now, NostalgiawithDua said:

She had 3 back to back upbeat, straight in your face singles and none of them really popped off. It would be stupid to make Falling Forever a single considering this is the year of mid tempo bangers. Let's start with These Walls, followed by Whatcha Doing Remix and be a little smart. 
Happy For You us a great track but not a single material, FF can be the farewell single of era just like Love Again….

For once I agree with you haha

To be fair I don't think any of the remaining songs sound like a "hit" to me. I personally want her to push Falling Forever, but it's looking like These Walls will be the next focus single considering its the one being performed. Maria could do some cute numbers in Europe with a right video, I guess.

These Walls could make a great single.

If she'll release Whatcha Doing, a remix featuring Bruno Mars could be fire.

End of an Era music video when?

:suburban:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

To be fair I don't think any of the remaining songs sound like a "hit" to me. I personally want her to push Falling Forever, but it's looking like These Walls will be the next focus single considering its the one being performed. Maria could do some cute numbers in Europe with a right video, I guess.

I think more songs has potential to be good single but it all depends on how they willing to promote it and push it to people.

Many songs became hits ,being much weaker songs than songs on RO, simply because they shoved it in peoples throat on every occasion LOL

It's the video for her new single of the next album 

:suburban:

• Like 1

There is rumor in French press Dua will perform at Olympics this song with Cerrone - French disco drummer, composer, record producer of 1970s and 1980s disco songs who sold over 30 million albums worldwide

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

We've officially lost the plot….:gaycat7:

like I said, they need to stop compare artists that barely can sell a highschool gym with Dua. 

gays give too much importance to a one week peak on billboard

• Like 2

I see your losers have resorted to hating on Charli acxclaim to feel better about this bomb

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

It has to be "These Walls." Please.

Has a chance to be her "Irreplaceable" or at least, her "Cool" or "Delicate."

Edited by RadioactiveLights
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

It has really become my favorite Dua song ever and it is not getting old despite being on my heavy rotation for over half a year at this point. An excellent classic piece of pop music.:WAP: In a perfect world, it would have been her signature song. 

It's one of faves as well. Don't Start Now will always be her signature song for me, but I wouldn't mind Houdini up there next to it. #JusticeForHoudini

dua-lipa-crying.gif

OT: Sorry, but I don't see what you guys see in Whatcha Doing. It's one of my least faves off the album.

Edited by Migs

Do heavy promo for these walls 

Specially on radio at the begining then everywhere else.

Then Watcha doing remix with Abel or Bruno and save the era

Do heavy promo for these walls 

Specially on radio at the begining then everywhere else.

Then Watcha doing remix with Abel or Bruno and save the era

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cain said:

I see your losers have resorted to hating on Charli acxclaim to feel better about this bomb

Nobody is taking away success of Brat from Charli, but numbers are numbers and facts are facts, if you cannot handle simple mathematics then you are really not the one calling anyone "looser"

If you guys want to hear stellar pop music this year give BRAT some streams the choruses  are just pure earworm candy with marshmallows and banana pie. A pure sugar rush. A well deserved 95 on metacritic for a reason.  I want to plug in her album cuz no one is streaming RO even though lots of people love it apparently... hope These walls or Happy for you get the single treatment. Mellow is the way to go but that era needs a good charge of electricity to get back from the dead.

Edited by kayliah

I'd be surprised if These Walls isn't the next single. It's probably the best bet for the US market.

• Like 1

I'm still rooting for Maria as next single just because I don't think any other would do any wonder in the US market. These Walls is gonna be her Jaded at most. Even HPY would do more for her as it's at least more arty, in my opinion. 

Watcha Doing is cool for single but a bit more of the same, its not what she needs right now. End Of An Era is not single material. French Exit, well, it could be a surprise but I'd say is a no. Falling Forever would be interesting to show a different Dua too, but it'll be no hit. I think it has to be Maria, but I accept These Walls. 

Let's see what Dua sells out next tour eh?  

14 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Still would've debuted in top 30 without that "2M" radio….:coffee2:

But I thought she debuted with ZeRoRaDIO haha.

Not you moving the goalposts that you've been proven wrong

4 hours ago, Papi Juancho said:

like I said, they need to stop compare artists that barely can sell a highschool gym with Dua. 

gays give too much importance to a one week peak on billboard

Duas tickets arent 200 euro. Her FN tour seats in the US were going for 45 dollars. 

3 hours ago, kayliah said:

If you guys want to hear stellar pop music this year give BRAT some streams the choruses  are just pure earworm candy with marshmallows and banana pie. A pure sugar rush. A well deserved 95 on metacritic for a reason.  I want to plug in her album cuz no one is streaming RO even though lots of people love it apparently... hope These walls or Happy for you get the single treatment. Mellow is the way to go but that era needs a good charge of electricity to get back from the dead.

I can really hear the psychedelia and rave culture influences. 

10 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

Duas tickets arent 200 euro. Her FN tour seats in the US were going for 45 dollars. 

the point would remain the same + US average ticket price was +$100

11 hours ago, thinkheknowss said:

She shot a MV…. Her father found some money somewhere oh duallah… let's pray it's for the future irreplaceable of the era aka these walls 

Where did her dad get the money from? I am so happy we are getting a video and they have money now :jonny:

I though the era was over 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.