Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

We've officially lost the plot….:gaycat7:

I absolutely love Dua but i fear they spilled. She needs a fanbase asap. Loves in their current form are not sustainable if she wants to become even bigger and not end up like Katy Perry. That's what i'm saying she needs to meet with fans, do pop ups, share more of her personality & teamduahq to actually do something… Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 6

She just said on IG that she shot a music video while in Budapest. They're finally doing something to revive the era. What song do you guys think it is for?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

She shot a MV…. Her father found some money somewhere oh duallah… let's pray it's for the future irreplaceable of the era aka these walls 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Migs said:

She just said on IG that she shot a music video while in Budapest. They're finally doing something to revive the era. What song do you guys think it is for?!

Dance The Night

apparently, the mv starts with a broken disco ball and she kinda glues it together

Edited by Kern
  • Haha 8

I think she shouldn't and doesn't need to compromise her private life and principals. HOWEVER, she should be more involved and work harder in her craft, imagery and sound.

It's definitely true that the project lacks character as well as personality, and that to me is the key factor to attract a strong fanbase, one that sees you as an artists worth investing in and supports your craft because they recognise your potential, visión and talent.

The whole RO concept and sound lacks focus and direction. Part of the big disappointment comes from a preconceived notion of where her next move was headed, the potential and hype surrounding it. It's mostly her fault because she deceitfully sold something that was not in the closest what she ended up presenting...

The reality is had she commited to a different and cohesive sound and image for the album, with good visuals and regular promotion she would have been fine and would have secured a local and devoted fanbase, even if it had slightly underperformed.

In reality she fell into the Katy trap which is unfortunately to say the least. She had to show she was more than the token pop radio girl, showcasing a certain flare and personality in her music, but ultimately failed.

What she needs to do now is push These Walls with a good video to the best of her and her team's ability, maybe release a deluxe and complete the tour, go quiet for some time, and come back as soon as possible with a fresh sound, image and determination to prove herself and us that she has what it takes.

Imo I would do a 180 and completely, and I mean COMPLETELY, ditch discopop. She needs something new and unexpected. That's why the concept of her own Loose was so attractive, because it was the premise of catchy pop tunes with a more mature and different influencia.

She's not a niche artist which specialices in a certain genre or spectrum of music to explore it deeply ala CRJ, Lana, XCX. She's a commercial pop artist and that means she has to take risks because unlike those type of artists that people perceive to be true talents and come to them because they film a niche to perfection, she's nothing of the sort of as much as it hurts to say it. So please put a little bit of effort in the next project for goodness sake and deliver something great.

Edited by Cloudy
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the lack of effort, I kinda feel like both her and Ava Max had their own success and just went on the endless summer vacation.zip and are just posting photos from it everyday instead of writing music

• Haha 1

A few weeks ago people had an issue with Dua having the audacity to market generic pop/ dance bops in the U.S. market place. As a passive observer there was a definite vibe that the U.S. portion of her fanbase wanted her to re-tool her music to embrace contemporary Rn'B influences.

As I approach her work with a European ear, Rn'B inflected music is not what I want from her.  I therefore find it interesting that Charli is being given a 'get out of jail free' card whilst everyone turns a blind eye to the fact she is also embracing a strand of Pop/ Dance music in the form of Hyper-pop without being criticized (like Dua), for not embracing contemporary U.S. Rn'B influences.

Whatever happened to connoisseurs of pop music and pop culture simply appreciating melody's, song structure, lyrics and production?

As a European it is really hard to get my head (and ears) around the fact that nothing Dua is serving this era is finding favor with a U.S. audience.  I therefore regard Dua as a polarizing artist (and for once that polarization is nothing to do with artist conduct).

Unlike Dua, Charli who also embraces electronic music production (and who like Dua, has no interest in embracing RnB) yet does appear to appeal to an international demographic unlike Dua who is now actively receiving online push-back from the U.S.

Yet if Dua were to embrace Hyper-pop, she (as in the case of Camilla) would be dismissed as another pop girlie attempting to jump on board the Hyper-pop bandwagon.

It seems Dua can't win and it's not as if anyone can argue that Hyper-pop is the latest trend as Charli has been operating within its parameters since the beginning of her career, a career that has entered its second decade.

3 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

I absolutely love Dua but i fear they spilled. She needs a fanbase asap. Loves in their current form are not sustainable if she wants to become even bigger and not end up like Katy Perry. That's what i'm saying she needs to meet with fans, do pop ups, share more of her personality & teamduahq to actually do something… Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

why are people rehashing the same points i've made ... when u r that girl oh well but thanks for agreeing with me .

• Like 1

:hippo:   Atleast there is a music video

dua and duka need to get their **** together? absolutely!

do i want to stan an artist that her career revolves around planted gossip on tmz or the sun? no

sick of this era of hits being dictated by horrible dances on tiktok or by fake relationship end stories and crazy stans hating a new bf every 6 months

• Thanks 1

The aesthetic/branding for the first two singles was flawlessly executed though. Yes, the campaign was messy and TS being performed/announced weeks before its release was one of the era's dumbest moves but that's something else. Everything from the sound to the fashion to the performances was still giving "psychedelic" and "dark" era.

Illusion could maybe fit in with the previous singles sonically/visually but the real cracks started showing the moment she announced RO and we got the album imagery and the teasers imo. She did the album photoshoot last September in Ibiza, before Houdini was even announced, so this clearly was her plan from the start and there was no "last minute shift and running back to the studio" like some people keep suggesting. She could have played into the Mediterranean Vacanza Pop Queen and Radically Optimistic Girl aesthetic from the start and everything would have been fine. I think I've said this already a few pages ago (and I'll say it again because I can) but even I as someone who has been following her for years still have no clue what the main aesthetic for this era is. And it's clear at this point that even her team is confused and tried to sell different things to see what sticks.

This is all very unfortunate because I really believed this album was gonna fulfill my "Tame Impala-esque Pop Girl album" dream after the first two singles, and with Danny on board I thought she could possibly give us Desire, I Want To Turn Into You (Top 40 Version). 

That being said, the final product is still very solid and filler-free to me and it'll be a perfect summer soundtrack. But I hope she and her daddy are taking notes for the next era (which shouldn't take another 4 years). Now I'm perched for Glastonbury and the next MV. The former is arguably gonna be the biggest moment/milestone of her career. The tour will definitely do very well seeing how these lil summer shows quickly sold out and they aren't even small venues/theaters. She's far from being over and erased. If anything, this gives her a chance to serve a strong come back with DL4. :celestial5:

• Like 8

Completely agree with you @State of Grace.

They just played Houdini at my gym. This song really is the smash hit that got away. Such an earworm. It deserved the success level of Don't Start Now and Levitating. GP knows nothing :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

I think is falling forever video!! :duca:

Queen of working while she takes a vacation 

5 hours ago, Migs said:

I think it was expected and I said it few times before that new single will come out before Glasto

Not some of you acting like all her success with previous album is erased just cause this album doesn't match your expectations

Every day coming here with the same whining and same narrative.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Migs said:

Completely agree with you @State of Grace.

They just played Houdini at my gym. This song really is the smash hit that got away. Such an earworm. It deserved the success level of Don't Start Now and Levitating. GP knows nothing :deadbanana4:

It has really become my favorite Dua song ever and it is not getting old despite being on my heavy rotation for over half a year at this point. An excellent classic piece of pop music.:WAP: In a perfect world, it would have been her signature song. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

We've officially lost the plot….:gaycat7:

This is Charli's 6th album, Dua's 3rd, Charli never had success like Dua, what are you even comparing?

Are you all suffer from memory loss or something?

Edited by mike_int
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

If it's for FF... :toofunny3:

32 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Honestly I hope it is not for Happy For You.

I think either TW, FF or WD

There are some nice locations in Budapest and also good movie studios so hopefully we will get nice visual experience like with Illusion and not another TS

11 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

If it's for FF... :toofunny3:

You dont like FF?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Life is hard seeing the wrong Houdini in the Spotify top 10 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mike_int said:

You dont like FF?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Falling Forever is amazing, but it doesn't sound like a hit to me. She should go with These Walls, Maria or even Happy For You to showcase her beautiful voice.

4 minutes ago, Migs said:

Falling Forever is amazing, but it doesn't sound like a hit to me. She should go with These Walls, Maria or even Happy For You to showcase her beautiful voice.

Sorry, It was a joke FF as fisting LOL

Falling Forever and Maria and even End Of An Era /with edit/  would be good single for non-US territory

These Walls and Whatcha Doing is best choice for international single at the moment

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.