Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Dua Lipa stuns in a sweeping sky blue dress as she strikes a pose in front of the Mediterranean at the star-studded Jacquemus Fashion Show in Capri.

Daily Mail

85930987-13513961-image-m-139_171803152085930981-13513961-image-a-110_171803011785930967-13513961-image-a-141_171803157985952757-13515727-Dua_Lipa_looked_stunni85952759-13515727-At_one_point_she_turnedua-lipa-jacquemus-capri-IPA_Agency_IPA4Dua-Lipa-looks-stunning-in-a-baby-blue-s

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 2

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

Training Season was serviced to US Radio on 20th February. Why are you straight lying ? 

Umm why would I lie…:coffee2:

14 hours ago, mike_int said:

Anybody else thinks the track list on the album was maybe meant to be different.

End Of An Era > Maria

Falling Forever > Houdini

Vinyl sounds at the start of Maria perfectly connect to end of  End Of An Era

The lowpass effect at the end of Falling Forever perfectly connects to lowpass effect at the beginning of Houdini

Wait your mind! Send me your full track list 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mike_int said:

I think it all started with last minuted rushed Houdini video and concentrating on DTN possible Oscar nomination, then again last minute boring-ass TS video which killed the momentum of the song after spectacular Grammy performance.

The whole vibe and styling should have been changed to more "summery" one after album release but she is still continuing with black/red theme which is very disconnected to what album cover and imagery looks like and most of the songs sounds.

I do like the album, and I listen to it sometimes few times a day in full so musically Im very happy with it, however then overall handling was not done well.

You spilled. Things were on track for a moderate era until she performed Training Season at the Grammys without having it out officially, released a horribly boring video for it, then made a badly received album cover that's didn't match any of the music or visuals we'd seen.

Now can she just pull a Radar with Cool and rerelease it as a summer single asap?

• Thanks 1

I just heard Illusion (Regard Remix) and it's ******* perfect!!!! 
Too bad it's not on Spotify :rip:

5 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

I just heard Illusion (Regard Remix) and it's ******* perfect!!!! 
Too bad it's not on Spotify :rip:

They should have release at least 2-3 strong house and EDM remixes of all 3 singles and push it to DJs to play it on pride all summer.

Edited by mike_int
  • Thanks 1

This is kinda what I expected the sound of DL3 to be after we got to know Kevin and Danny are working on it…

Edited by NostalgiawithDua
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mike_int said:

You know there is one thing to have expectations and another thing is to overcome your expectations and try to find the good in what you got. In everything in life actually.

I didn't expect album as a full body of work to sound (based on Houdini and TS) the way it is, but once you get into it and you step out of that initial feeling, you will start to enjoy it better, its all just a state of mind.

It's a great album, no doubt but it's not something that was sold to audience plus apart from singles, there's no flavour of Danny or Kevin's sound. Very Dream/Mid-tempo pop, almost similar to Miley and Harry….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

It's a great album, no doubt but it's not something that was sold to audience plus apart from singles, there's no flavour of Danny or Kevin's sound. Very Dream/Mid-tempo pop, almost similar to Miley and Harry….

I agree, I was initially surprised with how many  mid-tempo songs are on the album

12 hours ago, mike_int said:

Dua Lipa stuns in a sweeping sky blue dress as she strikes a pose in front of the Mediterranean at the star-studded Jacquemus Fashion Show in Capri.

Daily Mail

85930987-13513961-image-m-139_171803152085930981-13513961-image-a-110_171803011785930967-13513961-image-a-141_171803157985952757-13515727-Dua_Lipa_looked_stunni85952759-13515727-At_one_point_she_turnedua-lipa-jacquemus-capri-IPA_Agency_IPA4Dua-Lipa-looks-stunning-in-a-baby-blue-s

Not a vacation / other endeavour that's not music yet again. Imagine how tired we are… :ace:

She should spend time promoting music, doing some pop ups & meeting fans instead, cuz that's how you grow a fanbase and don't flop. Look at Billie or Olivia, and biggest example Taylor. I would be here for this if the music was good but RO was way too undercooked for the potential it had. And it's current performance on charts proves it. C'mon Dua, stop wasting time on those things and get back into the music industry. 

Of course she comes where I live when I'm out of country :deadbanana4:  is she gone already? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Umm why would I lie…:coffee2:

The song was serviced to radio on 20th Feb and it did not debut on the hot 100 with "no radio".

Dua LipaHungary on twitter is not a credible source. 

28 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

The song was serviced to radio on 20th Feb and it did not debut on the hot 100 with "no radio".

DuaLipaHungary on twitter is not a credible source. 

I'm sorry, but you're wrong here. "Training Season" wasn't serviced on February 20 in the US as you said. After the song was officially released on February 15, US radio stations jumped on it, receiving unsolicited radio airplay while "Houdini" was still the active radio  single there. The reason why Warner didn't send "Training Season" immediately to radio stations was mainly because there was a chance for "Houdini" to reach the Top 5 on Pop radio (it ended peaking at #6), so they wanted to avoid another song to interrupt that. However, because of the aforementioned (re: unsolicited radio airplay), the track entered the Top 50 on Pop before its official impact date, which is in fact March 5.

The source is HITS in both of their articles below. The first one says that "Training Season" pulled 'early adds (...) prior to impact', which basically means that the track was going to be going for adds the following week.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/pop_mart&id=339966

https://hitsdailydouble.com/pop_mart&id=340045

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, juancsantoyo said:

I'm sorry, but you're wrong here. "Training Season" wasn't serviced on February 20 in the US as you said. After the song was officially released on February 15, US radio stations jumped on it, receiving unsolicited radio airplay while "Houdini" was still the active radio  single there. The reason why Warner didn't send "Training Season" immediately to radio stations was mainly because there was a chance for "Houdini" to reach the Top 5 on Pop radio (it ended peaking at #6), so they wanted to avoid another song to interrupt that. However, because of the aforementioned (re: unsolicited radio airplay), the track entered the Top 50 on Pop before its official impact date, which is in fact March 5.

The source is HITS in both of their articles below. The first one says that "Training Season" pulled 'early adds (...) prior to impact', which basically means that the track was going to be going for adds the following week.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/pop_mart&id=339966

https://hitsdailydouble.com/pop_mart&id=340045

Thanks for confirming that the track was receiving airplay on release - doesn't matter if it was "unsolicited" or not and did not, in fact, debut on the hot 100 with zero airplay. 

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

A RECAP OF RADIO ADD RECAPS

At Top 40, Columbia's Team Gray remains atop the add board for a second consecutive week with Beyoncé's "TEXAS HOLD 'EM" (Parkwood), putting 99 more adds on its official impact date. Warner's Chester and Reich crew bring in another 19 adds on Benson Boone's "Beautiful Things" (Night Street) and 14 early adds on Dua Lipa's "Training Season." 

:toofunny3:

So is Illusion still climbing?

Hi I hope you all are doing well I miss everyone! 

• Haha 2

Another date?  :duck:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jomarr said:

So is Illusion still climbing?

Yes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Yes!

Ngl this is pretty stable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Yes!

What's the likelihood of this being a summer hit?? I honestly love this song tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jomarr said:

What's the likelihood of this being a summer hit?? I honestly love this song tbh.

Streams need to increase.... is doing well at radio... currently #11 at Pop radio & #35 overall radio, this will make Illusion at least chart 1 more months at Hot 100, but if we want a new peak Streams better increase

• Like 1

C'mon Illusion. Pull a Levitating smash

2 hours ago, jomarr said:

Zero, unfortunately. It's only hanging on thanks to radio and I'm pretty sure that will be over soon. It's bombing on callouts and tanking on Shazam. The label is probably just waiting for a quick #10 peak on the pop chart to pull the plug. 

8 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

Dua LipaHungary on twitter is not a credible source. 

Still would've debuted in top 30 without that "2M" radio….:coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.