• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to this album again and it's still bad. Dua needs to go back to TAP management because she doesn't have the skill (yet) to curate a great album and accompanying era. I applaud her for wanting to take the reigns but she's not quite there atp.

I can tell she was surrounded by yes men and an evil villainous father who gave her bad advice after bad advice. 

TAP would have told her that Kevin Parker, while being an outstanding musician, can't craft a pop song to save his life. Houdini was a slight anomaly, then Training Season showed us how he would mess up the rest of the album. He is so desperate to be a pop producer that he forgets what makes him great in the first place.

I really hope she can rebound with her 4th album. Her resilience is truly her greatest asset. The fact that she always tries to improve on her weaknesses gives me hope that she will do her best to deliver an excellent follow-up record.

In the meantime, she needs to surround herself with better people. Her dad should have been fired in January already. Her stylist can go too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

The way gays solely blame Kevin Parker while Danny L Harle, who co-wrote and co-produced all the songs on the album, is left unscathed 

Working with Caroline Polachek gives you leeway i guess

:toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If anything Kevin and Dany delivered great instrumentals and production. I blame Tobias Esso Jr's songwriting that is very wordy and lacks any kind of catchy hook. 

Album still a 9/10 for me 

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

The way gays solely blame Kevin Parker while Danny L Harle, who co-wrote and co-produced all the songs on the album, is left unscathed 

i kind of dislike the kevin parker'ed parts the most, he's mostly to blame for the entire psychedelic narrative and the dramatic training season tame impala cosplay after the chorus. danny just delivered pop bops.

I think they should re-do FN post album rollout for RO too….
Summer Single- These Walls. (Hallucinate-Most Popular Album track)

October- Whatcha Doing Remix (Levitating-Most GP/US friendly track)

February- Deluxe with Lead Single. (We're Good, just to keep the era going)

June- Falling Forever (Love Again, Dua's personal favourites)

• Like 1

In my opinion, there has been a mismanagement in the launch of this era.

Houdini should have been released in February with a Grammy performance, and then May album release with These Walls as a second single.

Sorry, but Illusion is just not it - I think it single handedly killed the era.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Comparing RO to some other flop eras, I don't think Dua is uncool is to like rn like Gaga was during ARTPOP or Katy was during Witness, where it also felt like their whole image was falling apart, unlike Dua now which I think is a bigger name (celebrity wise) than she ever was. She's constantly going positively viral for her beauty, activism and performances. 

Rn, the biggest complaint I've seen from the GP and locals to Dua is that her music sounds the same, I guess her sound just became very predictable unfortunately. I don't even think she needs to be more personal for next era, Rihanna's music was never personal but she kept the public's interest by exploring everything she could with her music. I'm here for Dua releasing a (good) ballad tbh, we need her to explore her voice more and the GP would love it, I think. 

• Like 4

Illusion is terrible and music video makes no sense with the previous singles aesthetic. I agree it literally killed the era. And it sounds off. 

Illusioooo ooo oooon :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Also I don't really think the fact that her music is not being personal it's a problem for her tbh. All the reactions I've seen for RO absolutely no one cared for the lyrics :rip:, everyone was excited about the production and mostly admitted that they listen her to have a good time and her catchy bops. Her first albums were huge successfully because she delivered bops and cool production, but miss RO completely disappointed in both aspects. Almost all the reactors said the album was just there, nothing really replay worthy which is the worst thing possible for Dula :dancehall2:

• Like 1

I cant at the RO slander. Tbh this album is better to me than FN

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

I cant at the RO slander. Tbh this album is better to me than FN

Well un-'to me' it

23 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Illusion is terrible and music video makes no sense with the previous singles aesthetic. I agree it literally killed the era. And it sounds off. 

Illusioooo ooo oooon :rip:

All the videos this era are of her with red hair and dark clothes surrounded by lots of men. Why do you think Illusion "makes so sense"? :rip: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Kevin Parker deserves all the lashings. Dua enlisted him to help craft a psychedelic album and he failed to deliver on that. He gave her basic Anne Marie beats. She should have ran out of the studio the minute she heard the first chord. Instead they catfished us with Houdini.

Radical Optimism needed an executive producer to keep the vision clear and steer her in the right direction when things got messy. TAP was that guiding hand during her last era. Everything is messy this era – communication, styling, sonic cohesion of album, description of album, title of album, villain father managing her career.

We are waiting for DL4 and will be listening to Future Nostalgia and Houdini in the meantime.

• Like 2

Houdini is back

Mother is working hard for the tour! Get ready for Dua giving us everything at this promo tour 

+ she is Gorgeous :flame: 

not revisiting this album as often as I would like to but its still decent. These Walls and Falling Forever are still clear standouts and highlights (so would be Anything for Love if it had been a full song)

Album remains fantastic, easily my favourite of the year as of now. In a way it feels like Radical Optimism is to Dua and Future Nostalgia what Body Language was to Kylie and Fever. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, RiseAndShine said:

Just listened to this album again and it's still bad. Dua needs to go back to TAP management because she doesn't have the skill (yet) to curate a great album and accompanying era. I applaud her for wanting to take the reigns but she's not quite there atp.

I can tell she was surrounded by yes men and an evil villainous father who gave her bad advice after bad advice. 

TAP would have told her that Kevin Parker, while being an outstanding musician, can't craft a pop song to save his life. Houdini was a slight anomaly, then Training Season showed us how he would mess up the rest of the album. He is so desperate to be a pop producer that he forgets what makes him great in the first place.

I really hope she can rebound with her 4th album. Her resilience is truly her greatest asset. The fact that she always tries to improve on her weaknesses gives me hope that she will do her best to deliver an excellent follow-up record.

In the meantime, she needs to surround herself with better people. Her dad should have been fired in January already. Her stylist can go too.

Only thing I disagree with you on is the quality of the album

But you spilled with everything else, fire her Dad who is terrible at being a manager and go back to TAP because they actually had the best interests for her and her career both at heart. Her dad seems too soft and isn't giving her career advice that will actually propel her further. She's only 3 albums in, enough is enough, go back to proper management girl.

I hope she comes back harder and with a proper team the 4th time around, she can't mess it up next time around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Only thing I disagree with you on is the quality of the album

But you spilled with everything else, fire her Dad who is terrible at being a manager and go back to TAP because they actually had the best interests for her and her career both at heart. Her dad seems too soft and isn't giving her career advice that will actually propel her further. She's only 3 albums in, enough is enough, go back to proper management girl.

I hope she comes back harder and with a proper team the 4th time around, she can't mess it up next time around.

I agree 4th album is a make or break it kinda situation. If she falters its over if she prospers its back on again. Also she is pushing 30 she needed this era and her next era to be successful tbh. Past 30 you dont enjoy the same level of success.it varies look gaga,ora and katy. 

• Like 1

Still stand by the idea that she should just lay low for 2-3 months and then drop the deluxe, make sure she's got a smash ready and focus on trying to drive the new song because none of the standard edition songs have a chance at being a global hit.

Also, she better drop an extended version of Anything For Love!!

Is this album really that bad for y'all? Like there's just no horrible songs on this for me, it's all very fun and catchy music. 

Illusion is great too, at least to me. I think she should have released the extended version as the official version though. 

• Like 1

Illusion is a perfect bop. It's only flopping because she's in her flop era and everyone is pretending to be underwhelmed by everything she does rn. 

Maria is a summer BOP! I just wish it would've had a more dominant tropical beat that went harder. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Is this album really that bad for y'all? Like there's just no horrible songs on this for me, it's all very fun and catchy music. 

Illusion is great too, at least to me. I think she should have released the extended version as the official version though. 

The album is not bad at all. It just lacks many things. Like, on paper Illusion is a good song but as the rest of the album, it suffers from shallow production, no fun twists, adlibs. The songs don't grow, don't go anywhere (besides like 2 maybe) and end up feeling flat. It's just unseasoned and screams for better production. Copy pasting every single chorus just feels tired and cheap. 

• Like 2

I think the major problem is people don't take Dua seriously as an Artist, she's just another popstar who gives upbeat bangers. Major part of FN era was to prove her stage presence, maybe she should go and make DL4 with the motive to make her own artistic brand. She has it but needs to find people who fully exploit her potential and voice!

1 minute ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

I think the major problem is people don't take Dua seriously as an Artist, she's just another popstar who gives upbeat bangers. Major part of FN era was to prove her stage presence, maybe she should go and make DL4 with the motive to make her own artistic brand. She has it but needs to find people who fully exploit her potential and voice!

imagine if the album was in the same realm as TS/H :gaycat7:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.