• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved FN but this is…it's not even bad it's just so average. Houdini, falling forever and happy for you are my highlights but other than that…dull.

This is record/era is weaving out the success stans and im so here for it because i love the chill/vibey sound she took with this :heart: versatile queen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

this album is giving european pop vibes. it reminds me of the cardigans, moloko & kylie

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

I'm biased but I don't like Illusion at ALL. I'm fine with them cutting the chord on that one fast.

Did we not see how the impact of cutting the cord from Training Season had on this era? It went downhill from there tbh. TS wasn't ready to be killed off nor was Illusion ready to be prematurely released. And now here we are, underperforming.

If we pull another single in favor of a new one, I think we'd do even more damage for this era. Illusion is already receiving better callouts from the radio than TS ever did so I think it has a better chance of sticking around for a bit, at least.

• Thanks 1

Training Season was never a bad song. Houdini was never a bad song. What has sparked this change in discourse?

• Like 6

Sure i much prefer romantic songs to this "i'm cooler than you and a manipulator so you better have a game plan when approaching me" stuff but we all put up with these themes for 6 months. There are more interesting themes on the album, but i was EATING.

the

sweetest...

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Let's say Dua Lipa was a real person. What the f*** am i supposed to take from the lyrics to Houdini, Training Season, and Illusion.

That you think you're cooler than everybody else and you need AMAZING LOVE and have INCREDIBLY high standards. Well Dua, i don't think i have what you want. Sorry. Not sorry.

"These Walls" should be the next single.. Make an amazing beach video for it and perform it everywhere.. That one's the easiest catch for GP because of the nature of the song. It's just "easy" on the ears.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, selena_lavigne said:

Let's say Dua Lipa was a real person. What the f*** am i supposed to take from the lyrics to Houdini, Training Season, and Illusion.

That you think you're cooler than everybody else and you need AMAZING LOVE and have INCREDIBLY high standards. Well Dua, i don't think i have what you want. Sorry. Not sorry.

This is so interesting, because I feel completely opposite :chick2:

There are so many pop girls songs/albums with the "ahh I'm so miserable and melancholic because you left me" "I miss you so much I need you back!" and I just cannot relate to that at all, if someone fucks up they are OUT of my life. I'm too great of a person to be feeling miserable for someone who doesn't appreciate my presence in their life and if you want to stay in you gotta show you're worth my time :bird: That's why songs like Future Nostalgia, Training Season, Houdini, Don't Start Now are her all time best to me and the most relatable. It's honestly what puts her above many other pop artists for me, her steadfast confidence. No need to be humble when you are damn ******* great

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

This is so interesting, because I feel completely opposite :chick2:

There are so many pop girls songs/albums with the "ahh I'm so miserable and melancholic because you left me" "I miss you so much I need you back!" and I just cannot relate to that at all, if someone fucks up they are OUT of my life. I'm too great of a person to be feeling miserable for someone who doesn't appreciate my presence in their life and if you want to stay in you gotta show you're worth my time :bird: That's why songs like Future Nostalgia, Training Season, Houdini, Don't Start Now are her all time best to me and the most relatable. It's honestly what puts her above many other pop artists for me, her steadfast confidence. No need to be humble when you are damn ******* great

Please. Nobody puts in the quality of work i do for those who i think are worthy. 
I am very happy she explored some more angsty and horny songs with a little bit of "this love is going downhill but imma still love you" i LOVE those type of songs.

Edited by selena_lavigne

Falling Forever is my favourite song from this project.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

What are you on? She's never used prerecorded vocals, her shows are fully live :bam:

LOL, this delusion. All her shows and performance have heavy prerecorded vocals. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

i love the whole album i literally can't stop listening to it:jonny:

Spoiler

except Anything For Love... I don't know her:bird:

90f371d2e8211c39f9dc2484e97178df.gif

• Like 1

The way she has the biggest Tiny Desk performance ever and by a large margin that just keeps getting bigger 

They should let her do another one with their usual setup and "the band" playing live with her

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

If she does 15-20 mio consistently throughout the week, would it still be a flop? 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ntijuwleton8ekxg92s

• Haha 1

Trust me when the verses for These Walls click for me I WILL be the no.1 Stan of that song no questions asked

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

LOL, this delusion. All her shows and performance have heavy prerecorded vocals. 

You're bringing no receipts so I'm afraid to say you're the delusional one :gaycat2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nostalgic said:

What was her team thinking not releasing Whatcha Doing as a single? It's radio candy with a great hook and the most FN-coded on the album - SCREAMS hit.

Despite of loving it, I think a big mistake this era was releasing Training Season as single. It's great, but it would have worked better as a fan-favorite album track. Just doesn't scream big radio hit. 

Watcha Doing, on the other hand, has the It factor, tbh.

• Like 1

We're not talking about her vocals enough. She's belting throughout most of these songs and sounds really good. Like her range may not be the biggest but what she has she uses well :gaygacat8:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I let the album marinate in my brain for the past 2 days and it's safe to say that.... I LOVE IT (and I knew I would). Is it an instant classic like Future Nostalgia was? No, but why should she have to replicate that kind of sound with every record? It's enough of a departure from the disco-pop sound, but is still undeniable dance pop. Dua has a knack for pop melodies, and she truly never fails even when the lame ODH's on ATRL want her to. 

The people trashing Dua and the record seriously have no life. Like I'm sorry, but do YOU even have an ounce of musical prowess for making pop songs? You probably don't, so stay in your own lane. Those saying she's over and deserves to flop are unfathomably pathetic. What has she ever done to you to deserve this much hate? Why are you eager to see her "fail" (if this is even considered "failing"?) 

When did every one expect Dua to be on par with other artists (in the US, at least) for making hits. All of her US hits have served massive longevity. She was never someone like Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift in the US who is literally sh*tting out front-loaded hits every album.  She's a huge star but the bar that some of you wannabes have set for her is astronomically high. And this is no shade to Queen Dua because she's really good at what she does and always improves on her craft with each era. 

The haters on Twitter/X and ATRL have truly left a sour taste in my mouth. People are so deluded by charts and numbers. Why can't we just enjoy an album for what it is instead of dragging the artist for filth? Like I previously stated, you don't have the prowess for creating pop music so what gives you the right to judge another artist so severely. Give it a rest, for the love of God. 

Aside from the indigestion/heartburn that these nonsensical haters have given me, here is my *current* ranking of the album.... contrary to popular belief, I do think the singles were picked correctly. At least "Houdini" and "Training Season" were. They're the most "instant" pop tracks on the album (and I'm a person that has always advocated for HITdini and doesn't think it's a flop, at all). 

My ranking:

1. Houdini - 10/10 

2. Falling Forever - 10/10

3. Happy For You - 10/10 

4. Illusion - 10/10

5. Whatcha Doing - 9.5/10 

6. Maria - 9/10

7. Training Season - 9/10 

8. French Exit - 8.5/10

9. These Walls - 8.5/10 

10. End Of An Era - 8/10

11. Anything For Love - 8/10 

Overall rating: 9/10 :rockon:

The album will continue to grow on me, despite the ludicrously absurd, chronically online, haters that feel the need to tear Dua down for their own gain. She doesn't deserve it and neither does this perfectly great pop album. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

I let the album marinate in my brain for the past 2 days and it's safe to say that.... I LOVE IT (and I knew I would). Is it an instant classic like Future Nostalgia was? No, but why should she have to replicate that kind of sound with every record? It's enough of a departure from the disco-pop sound, but is still undeniable dance pop. Dua has a knack for pop melodies, and she truly never fails even when the lame ODH's on ATRL want her to. 

The people trashing Dua and the record seriously have no life. Like I'm sorry, but do YOU even have an ounce of musical prowess for making pop songs? You probably don't, so stay in your own lane. Those saying she's over and deserves to flop are unfathomably pathetic. What has she ever done to you to deserve this much hate? Why are you eager to see her "fail" (if this is even considered "failing"?) 

When did every one expect Dua to be on par with other artists (in the US, at least) for making hits. All of her US hits have served massive longevity. She was never someone like Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift in the US who is literally sh*tting out front-loaded hits every album.  She's a huge star but the bar that some of you wannabes have set for her is astronomically high. And this is no shade to Queen Dua because she's really good at what she does and always improves on her craft with each era. 

The haters on Twitter/X and ATRL have truly left a sour taste in my mouth. People are so deluded by charts and numbers. Why can't we just enjoy an album for what it is instead of dragging the artist for filth? Like I previously stated, you don't have the prowess for creating pop music so what gives you the right to judge another artist so severely. Give it a rest, for the love of God. 

Aside from the indigestion/heartburn that these nonsensical haters have given me, here is my *current* ranking of the album.... contrary to popular belief, I do think the singles were picked correctly. At least "Houdini" and "Training Season" were. They're the most "instant" pop tracks on the album (and I'm a person that has always advocated for HITdini and doesn't think it's a flop, at all). 

My ranking:

1. Houdini - 10/10 

2. Falling Forever - 10/10

3. Happy For You - 10/10 

4. Illusion - 10/10

5. Whatcha Doing - 9.5/10 

6. Maria - 9/10

7. Training Season - 9/10 

8. French Exit - 8.5/10

9. These Walls - 8.5/10 

10. End Of An Era - 8/10

11. Anything For Love - 8/10 

Overall rating: 9/10 :rockon:

The album will continue to grow on me, despite the ludicrously absurd, chronically online, haters that feel the need to tear Dua down for their own gain. She doesn't deserve it and neither does this perfectly great pop album. 

Imagine trying to tear Dua Lipa down. She exudes captivating energy with everything that she does. Haters have to be ugly. I just know they are.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

I cannot say this album is not a let down for me, as I expected psychedelic songs like Houdini? But it's a cute album overall. Just won't go down in history but I'll still enjoy it. GO MISS DUA!

These Walls is definitely the biggest grower for me right now. Went from a cute middle of the pack track to probably in my top 5.

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.