Rih: RETIRED

Dua: PANNED FLOP

Ari: HOMEWRECKER

Charli: FLOP

Tinashe: FLOP

The Weeknd: DAWN FM FLOP

Bad Bunny: NADIE SABE HUGE DECLINE

Lemme start my application for an Olivia and Taylor stan card, ch

Speak just for Dua, my girl Tinashe is about to actually have an organic viral smash! (please god)

Stream Nasty!

• Like 8

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

Speak just for Dua, my girl Tinashe is about to actually have an organic viral smash! (please god)

Stream Nasty!

I saw what happened to Needs. I won't get my hopes up :weeps: 

Perhaps Dua can be on the long awaited remix of X

20 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I saw what happened to Needs. I won't get my hopes up :weeps: 

Perhaps Dua can be on the long awaited remix of X

Please no unnecessary featuring anymore

If we talk about collaboration Dua should stick to sonicality of RO and maybe do some summer house banger with European DJ

Billie has such a great and creative management, the Instagram, SoundCloud and Fortnite collabs, 5$ listening parties. She really pushed herself sonically and vocally. Really wanted Dua to do the same next era!

5 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Billie has such a great and creative management, the Instagram, SoundCloud and Fortnite collabs, 5$ listening parties. She really pushed herself sonically and vocally. Really wanted Dua to do the same next era!

Girl the album has a lot of the same elements as Radical Optimism… but RO does it better IMO

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

Yeah I agree, I think Dua could've taken a few notes out of Billie's book for their two eras, both management-wise and musically. Tracks like Lunch, Chihiro and the end of L'Amour De Ma Vie are kinda more of what I was thinking we'd get for RO. 

Still, I'm happy with what we got. While I love HMHAS, it's not like I'll be playing it round the clock like I have been with RO. They're just different albums in that sense, one is easy listening and the other is full of depth and can't just be thrown on willy nilly. 

But yah.. hope Dua tries to push herself a bit more next album. Whatever that means for her, because that was not present in this era which like I said earlier is the only main concern I have with this era. 

• Like 3

Illusion dropped below Training Season on Spotify Global already :skull:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TOKYO. said:

Girl the album has a lot of the same elements as Radical Optimism… but RO does it better IMO

Well, you could argue about the sound but at the end of the day, they learned their lesson from HTE and promoted this album very smartly, people knew she was releasing the album, unlike Dua whose social media engagement is worse than her 1st era….:gaycat6:

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Cain said:

The country collab is sooooo funny to me :bibliahh: but you know what at least they're trying!

I just can't get my head around this.

I've never heard her mention country music (has anyone else?).  We've all been sat here for months agitating for performances on GNorton/Fallon/Myers/Kimmel some show in France, or Germany or anywhere logical ( Thanksgiving halftime football - like J Harlow did?), to promote Houdini Nov - Feb only to get nothing at all, and now she suddenly pops up in some random surburb of Dallas ( I had to look it up) to do a country collab with some bloke in a cowboy hat, with an interviewer after the event who couldn't pronounce her name.

WTF?

Edited by Vermouth
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Well, you could argue about the sound but at the end of the day, they learned their lesson from HTE and promoted this album very smartly, people knew she was releasing the album, unlike Dua whose social media engagement is worse than her 1st era….:gaycat6:

Sadly it does have a whiff of the Royal Shakespeare Company vs the Keystone Cops.

Billie delivered what Dua couldn't. Chihiro is what RO should have been.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Anyone ordered a copy from Mexico from her website? have you received it already? :dancehall:
apaprently they attempted a delivery yesterday but nobody called me, anyone knows who's doing the delivery? is it DHL, FedEx, Estafeta? I need help :monkey:

Still loving These Walls :clap: What a highlight 

This album is such a letdown. So boring!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Album still holding strong at #1 in my household 

:falcon:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

Billie delivered what Dua couldn't. Chihiro is what RO should have been.

Dua doesn't whisper all over instrumentals nor does she want to. 

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

Dua doesn't whisper all over instrumentals nor does she want to. 

She HOW LOOooOOHOOooohjoohong's instead

giphyhth-ezgif.com-optimize.thumb.gif.9f0442459ea38b6102cd158a07f0ff03.gif

Streaming really killed the hype and thrill of pre-released singles, I feel like more artists are gonna follow this path. (RO debut with 500K…:dancehall2:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LykkeLi said:

This album is such a letdown. So boring!

to you your opinion GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Streaming really killed the hype and thrill of pre-released singles, I feel like more artists are gonna follow this path. (RO debut with 500K…:dancehall2:)

Dua should abandon the pre-singles aproach next era tbh, just hype it up and pull all the strings like Billie and Taylor

No more long delays between albums and gaps between single releases if she just releases it as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Let me give an update:

:flame: 

UK:

03 (01)  Dua Lipa - Radical Optimism  9,058 units

(Total 55,358) 

Next week will be certified Silver :party:

France:
03 (01) 2 Radical Optimism 6,390 units

(Total: 25,891 units)

HDD final prediction:

2 19 DUA LIPA | RADICAL OPTIMISM
WARNER (WMG)
25,396 -70% 6,187 435

The album is doing alright for how little effort there seems to be in the promotion of it. 

I so badly want to know what's being said behind closed doors. I would love to know if they're wanting to cut this era short and start crafting the next album or if they plan to push another single. Seems like the goal was to give Happy For You a little push for the album sales, but never intended to make it a single. Looks like they're still giving Illusion a little nudge here and there.

My guess is they push one more single then give us a deluxe. No way did Dua record 90+ songs and we don't get a deluxe. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Of all the videos to copy… :bibliahh: 

No Dua song is in top 50 of UK Spotify.

The era is not working, but I dont think going country is the right move either

• Like 1

Yeah, releasing 3 singles before the album was a bad move, maybe lead single and a second single during release week would've worked better 

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.