• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• GhostBox

• Rep2000

• Windy Day

They heard that End of Beginning song and had enough :supaspaz:

• Haha 6

Can they wait until Texas Hold Em peaks first. We already had one setback. :laugh:

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

I mean the app already sucks ASS now so who cares. It’s literally nothing but ads and TikTok shop (which means they also now have so many people’s address).

Just delete it and get it over with.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 10

beautiful things your time is up :WAP:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Such an unserious country :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

“TEXAS HOLD ‘EM” got its two weeks at number one, so we’re all done here! :supaspaz:

• Haha 1

The way it's been banned in my country for 4 years now :zzz:

• Like 1

Does it mean YouTube will skyrocket in views again like it used to? If so, bring it on:gaylorcat1:My YouTube channels will benefit from this.

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now Instagram Reels need to fix their algorithm and BE BETTER. 

• Thanks 1

I'm so out of the loop. Why exactly is this happening? Like, why do they care if it's sold/not sold?

just when Dasha was starting to smash :sosad:

Just now, Darius said:

I'm so out of the loop. Why exactly is this happening? Like, why do they care if it's sold/not sold?

for the same reason facebook, twitter, spotify, youtube are not in China. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, JO1s said:

This app doesn’t just ban TikTok it makes it so they can ban any app or website they deem a ‘security threat’.

Oh my that's pretty concerning then

Is this a flappy bird situation where it will still remain just no one in the future can download it?

• ATRL Moderator

Land of the free :clap3: 

:clown:

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

Found this responses on reddit

Spoiler

Answer: They allege TikTok poses a national security threat because the Chinese government could use its intelligence laws against ByteDance, forcing it to hand over the data of US TikTok users. Policymakers worry that that information could then be used to identify intelligence targets or enable disinformation or propaganda campaigns. So far, the US government has not publicly presented any evidence that China has accessed TikTok user data, and cybersecurity experts say it remains a hypothetical — albeit seriously troubling — scenario.

A complete ban is a very unlikely scenario, even if the current bill passes Congress. The bill doesn't outright ban TikTok, it requires that its Chinese company ByteDance sell its stake in TikTok, otherwise it will lose access to the US. This is not unprecedented: an almost identical situation happened a few years ago with the gay dating app Grindr. The US forced Grindr's sale to a non-Chinese company, or else the app would lose access to the US market. It was then sold to a US based private equity firm (for a huge profit, compared to what they paid for it). There was no distribution to US users.

ByteDance will almost definitely sell TikTok rather than have it banned in the US, because the US is its largest market and a ban would destroy the value of the company. So ByteDance can either sell TikTok for $10's of billions, or keep it and lose $10's of billions in value. They will almost definitely sell it.

It should be noted that while TikTok is Chinese owned, it's actually banned in China. China does not allow its citizens to access social media platforms that have a lot of foreign users, since they cannot strictly control all users and content on the platform. Chinese residents have their own version of TikTok called Douyin, which is also owned by ByteDance. The sale of TikTok would not include Douyin, that would remain with ByteDance.

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

i thought i heard that Biden would sign this but I really can't see him doing that with him being in the pits with young ppl already :monkey:

I know its fun and games when it comes to tiktok which is harmless but this right here sets a dangerous precedent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.