Dua Lipa is back in the studio

Kayseri Mantisi

8 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Imo it will be a huge mistake if she decides to scrap her album just because the new singles are not doing super amazing immediately. Dua exploring new sounds and visuals is good for her in the long term. It will harm her more if she goes back to doing disco music. Then everyone will move on from her and only know her as future nestolgia girl. Like Katy with teenage dream. 

… the problem is her new music isn’t that different from FN. 

• Like 8

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kayliah

• TayDuaStan

• Robyn.

• Vermouth

The GP is tired of listening to recycled generic mainstream pop songs. It’s the same sound over and over. She should have done something completely new a la Beyoncé and country. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

It's that Kevin Parker curse.

i told y’all they sent her back to the drawing board after two consecutive failed singles :bibliahh:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

He already has 3 songs on album…

oh has he??? wow surely didn't know that! I thought we didn't know who did the 3 outside Kevin & Danny 

She can't afford to fail. Sure Levitating and Cold heart were massive but you'd think by now she'd have massive airplay and a number 1 debuting single the moment she announces something. That was what the label expected after FN era and its monolithic dominion during Covid. It also doesn't help that we dont know her as a person the way Ariana and Taylor interacts on shows and on social media.  She needs to make bolder choices and hire better A&R if she wants a Thank U Next or 1989 era.

Noooo...I hope she records one or two bangers for GP and release the rest of the album as it is. I don't want her to scrap the whole album just because there's no big hit on it. :monkey:

• Like 2

scraping the album after these few, let's call it, underperformances lately

13 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Imo it will be a huge mistake if she decides to scrap her album just because the new singles are not doing super amazing immediately. Dua exploring new sounds and visuals is good for her in the long term. It will harm her more if she goes back to doing disco music. Then everyone will move on from her and only know her as future nestolgia girl. Like Katy with teenage dream. 

I agree. Ariana did it right. Heck even Tate. Gotta release when things are still hot (DTN is still going).

22 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Is it really alt? It's still pop af, just not as good.

That’s what I’m saying, it’s not fully alt, but imo she should lean into that more, it’s a bit too commercialized, she should go for the art, not charts this era. 

What are Dua Lipa's biggest hits?

New Rules

IDGAF
One Kiss

Don't Start Now

Break My Heart

Levitating

Cold Heart

Dance the Night

Houdini

These are amazing pop songs from songwriting to production to vocals. They make you want to dance, make you feel sexy, or make you feel empowered. But, and this may be controversial, I don't think Dua has a smash hit yet that really makes you FEEL. I think that's what she needs. I think she needs a song that breaks through this image she has as this impossibly beautiful, charming, talented superstar and instead lets us see her as a human being who breaks and cries. A song that makes us want to cry as well.

• Like 1

I like the songs. The visuals are just a major turn off.

Call in the PHYSICAL team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

too many orders shipped back oop

Dying her hair red was also a major mistake. It communicates absolutely NOTHING. It actually makes the era come across more confused because the music does not match the visual shift. She thought "every era a new hair colour" would cut it but it lacks intention!

On 3/11/2024 at 3:03 PM, NostalgiawithDua said:

He already has 3 songs on album…

Really? We won if this is true :jonnycat:

14 minutes ago, LCTV said:

Call in the PHYSICAL team.

She had sessions with them (with Jason Evigan, Coffee & Sarah Hudson). Guess what? She scrapped everything 

• Thumbs Down 2

23 hours ago, MaxMartin said:

oh has he??? wow surely didn't know that! I thought we didn't know who did the 3 outside Kevin & Danny 

Based on the songwriters mentioned (Julia Michaels, Ali Tamposi) in that Rolling Stones article, the other 3 producers are Ian Kirkpatrick, Andrew Watt & Jeff Bhasker

Edited by TayDuaStan

just scrap it Dua girl... hire Max martin Cirkut Ali Payami and push back the album till next year. We'vd heard you so much thjese past few years. We need a break too.

• Like 1

I love the Kevin Parker psychedelic/trance "vertigo" angle the album was teasing, but the output so far has NOT delivered any of that. only tiny bits of these songs give that when they should have gone all out with that sound. would have been fresh and interesting if done right and if they really took it there.

also, they completely fumbled with timing, I honestly think she should have dropped Training Season early January as a "new year" anthem and spend the next weeks pushing hard promoting for an album release in February before the upcoming major spring releases... then leading right into Glastonbury/Coachella (not booking that was another misstep) 

A recording artist back in the studio. SHOCKING!

I hope she continues making magic though! :duca:

also @everyone saying this era is her witness era or that she’s the new Rihanna.. like come on y’all. She’s clearly more on an Ariana path: no #1s debut era, a #2 second era with many hits and some potentially underperforming similar sound on the cusp of her third era. She might be in her DW era and the third single could be her side to side

8 hours ago, kayliah said:

just scrap it Dua girl... hire Max martin Cirkut Ali Payami and push back the album till next year. We'vd heard you so much thjese past few years. We need a break too.

She had sessions for FN with all 3 of them and the songs that l worded from those sessions are incredible - Fun (Max & Ali) & Who Do You Love (Cirkut) are just bops. She needs to get back in touch with them asap

Edited by TayDuaStan

She needs a powerful colab. 

Am I the only one that likes both songs lol? Idk what y'all were expecting. Dua is very much dance pop music. 

On 3/11/2024 at 8:17 AM, Robyn. said:

It was kind of predictable. She still hasn't gotten a New Rules or Don't Start Now from this era, there's no way they were going to announce an album release date yet.

Especially since Dua is not going to sell an album without a hit.

:clack:

Announced today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

everyone in this thread looking a fool after the announcement :bibliahh: 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.