Dua Lipa is back in the studio

Kayseri Mantisi

That's a pity. Houdini and Training Season aren't smash hits, but at least she was brave to take a different direction and the songs are pretty solid. Now the label will force her to record more commercial garbage like Dance The Night and axe the more experimental stuff from the original album. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kayliah

• TayDuaStan

• Robyn.

• Vermouth

There's  no shame in putting a hit or two in an album

• Haha 1

There are some strong rumours she will tour NA somewhere this summer and fall, so the album release should be anytime before that

8 minutes ago, Reginald said:

If I was her, I would take a long break from the nostalgic 70s/80s sound. It's so damn overdone. We want modern 2020s music.

That goes for all MPGs not just Dua.

Thankfully Lorde is coming with L4 and will save 2024 with modernity :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

She needs to go back to the sound of her first album. FN and everything after it hasn’t lived up to her debut.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

Kevin Parker only produces high quality flop music.  At least we got Houdini and TS, now onto something that is more commercial 

• Thanks 1

this sucks i just want the album :chick1:

the real question is- are Kevin and Danny there?

Who are the ppl on the pic tho? It could be a recording session for Training Season acoustic or something like this tbh. 

I wished I bookmarked my comment a while back I said I don’t really see her next era taking off at least here in America and some people, stans likely got upset with me but it’s not even anything against her because she’s super pretty (like super model pretty) but she just does not have the “it” factor and she’s not charismatic  enough, she’s a bit bland. 

To be fair, it’s not just her a lot of artists who blew up in the last few years (not all tho) are struggling rn, I think it’s too competitive nowadays with influencers, etc. everyone is competing for the same set of eyeballs even if they’re not popstars and those who can’t keep people’s attention are struggling. Good luck to ha! I still listen to Don’t Start Now, it’s on my workout playlist!

Edited by imabadkid
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Everything she has released so far has  flopped 

time to scrap everything and start all over 

she should also change that red hair it’s just not fitting 

:lakitu:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 minutes ago, Reginald said:

If I was her, I would take a long break from the nostalgic 70s/80s sound. It's so damn overdone. We want modern 2020s music.

That goes for all MPGs not just Dua.

she should literally go full modern euro dance, something like this song from an amazing Croatian artist. no main pop girl does stuff like this, it feels nostalgic for the 00s but still very fresh, and it would suit Dua's discography, aesthetic & voice very well.

unfortunately, they've proven themselves to play the safest possible route thinking it'll do it, but everyone is so damn tired of this sound, like, a little bongo drum and a slightly different guitar groove will do absolutely nothing, just as I predicted when Houdini dropped and got dragged to the hell and back for it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's a writer and a producer!

• Haha 1

I thought DL3 the album is finished?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Bentley said:

askfjxbs; 

im LEVITATING 

the luyas falling GIF by Amanda Bonaiuto

spacer.png

This could be anything. Deluxe tracks, soundtrack, pre-recorded vocals for performances, tour interlude, new vocals for remixes, voice-over for a commercial. This picture is not specific enough to warrant drags and think pieces about her era flopping (with 2 singles getting ~3M daily streams as we speak :toofunny2: )

That being said, I'm not really feeling the sound she's going for with Kevin and Danny, so if she's actually in there adding a couple songs that still respect the theme but bend it towards something catchier, I wouldn't mind. That's what Ariana did with Sweetener and it delivered NTLTC, god is a woman and everytime.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

She's recording a 'i won't give you aname or the date just yet, but it's psychedelic and rave inspired' jingle so she can play it and save energy during interviews

• Like 4

Queen of making hit songs 

:ryan3:

I would be rushing back to studio as well if I release Houdini

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Her 'my oh my' hit is coming!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Artists record music all the time. That does not mean anything.

It's concerning that she's back in the studio when the album was supposedly already done. She saw how Training Season flopped so bad :doc:

She definitely skipped PRISM but I'm still debating whether she landed to Witness or went straight to Smile. Either way her label must not be very pleased so far.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Timeless said:

It's concerning that she's back in the studio when the album was supposedly already done. She saw how Training Season flopped so bad :doc:

It’s only « concerning » if you’re an obsessed hater that is trying to see negative signals where there aren’t any. 

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature
  • Like 4

Am I the only one missing the date stamp on this? The only time clue is her red hair, so anytime from October.

The usual brainless rush to condemn and judge in here with zero evidence of anything at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It’s only « concerning » if you’re an obsessed hater that is trying to see negative signals where there aren’t any. 

I'm far from an obsessed hater. I think Houdini is better than any of the 5 new songs my fav released in October :ryan3:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.