Dua Lipa is back in the studio

Kayseri Mantisi

For all we know, she could still be recording the album. Was there any confirmation about album recording being finished/done? 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kayliah

• TayDuaStan

• Robyn.

• Vermouth

JohnWayneHolland

I hope she didn't scrap the album, it's so lame when artists scrap entire projects just because the lead single flopped :rip: like what happened to artistic integrity?

• Like 4

I'm ok with Training Season but if the whole album has the same vibe then yeah I'm concerned. Make the sis Kevin work harder

That’s her live band… it’s obviously for a live recording 

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, vuelve88 said:

Idk why Pop artists keep on collaborating with Kevin Parker and expecting a hit song. :deadbanana2:

THIS

Perfect Illusion should’ve been a very big red flag to Dua that Kevin’s not capable of producing commercial material.

Also Danny L Harle, he’s a hyperpop / pots & pans producer, he’s by default not a commercial producer. A quick listen through his discography should’ve been a clear indication about that

Edited by TayDuaStan

You guys are deluding yourselves if you think these two singles are some major risky shift from Future Nostalgia. Sometimes a bomb is just a bomb

:suburban:

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

:bibliahh:

I genuinely don’t see her scrapping the whole album. That would be such a waste of money. I also don’t think Dua would want to return to the disco sound of FN for several reasons - firstly, I think she’s keen to show growth and evolution and secondly, she said in a recent interview that she was hurt over people saying Houdini sounded the same as her disco material, so why would she risk proving them right even further.

The picture could be from any session, we will never know. If anything, I hope she’s gone back in to the studio to tweak what she’s already got. She’s been saying the album is psychedelic and rave inspired but I’ve not heard much of those influences in any of the tracks so far (Houdini was the safest psychedelic song I’ve ever heard and sounded like a FN reject to me) so hope she’s going back to make those influences more prominent.

Edited by popstickle
  • Like 1

She should’ve gone more of a Pop-rock route. Or timbaland dance-pop beats. 

6 hours ago, Miichael said:

Not y'all taking this as confirmation her album is scrapped just because she is sitting in a studio :rip:

This, it's so stupid :rip:

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey
  • Haha 1

BrandNewBrandon
12 hours ago, LIDDOATIN said:

and people still say she aint flopping

She's not flopping but underperforming as in the label and her team had better expectations, probably the era launching with a #1 single or her Roar or Born This Way etc. Its singles have performed okay but more like singles that have been released after the album is already smashing. They are probably wanting to re-work or add THAT #1 song to it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Rolling Stone confirmed that 8 of the 11 songs on the album are Kevin Parker. That leaves 3 songs that could be produced by potentially Ian Kirkpatrick, Koz or Mark Ronson. It was a mistake to work with Kevin on most of the album. A song or two is fine. I can see them reworking the album. That's why they never announced a release date or title. It will probably be out this or next year.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Im guessing shes already working on deluxe :clap3:

4 hours ago, PatrickGray.12 said:

Rolling Stone confirmed that 8 of the 11 songs on the album are Kevin Parker. That leaves 3 songs that could be produced by potentially Ian Kirkpatrick, Koz or Mark Ronson. It was a mistake to work with Kevin on most of the album. A song or two is fine. I can see them reworking the album. That's why they never announced a release date or title. It will probably be out this or next year.

Lead single 2023, album out 2025 would be hilarious :lmao:

I was told she was gonna smash and for sure get number ones this era after Levitating and Cold Heart were hits and she had reached mpg status. What happened? 

:gayalipacat3:

Imo it will be a huge mistake if she decides to scrap her album just because the new singles are not doing super amazing immediately. Dua exploring new sounds and visuals is good for her in the long term. It will harm her more if she goes back to doing disco music. Then everyone will move on from her and only know her as future nestolgia girl. Like Katy with teenage dream. 

• Like 8

Idk these new songs aren’t it. But at the same time they don’t sound all that different from FN. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KingWitch said:

Lead single 2023, album out 2025 would be hilarious :lmao:

not the first time she did this :giraffe:

I hope she is not going back into the studio just because her label wants a big hit. That is never the mindset an artist should have when creating new music.

Hopefully she makes more universal songs that resonates with the general public, both Houdini and Training Seasons are weird song titles and the topics aren't relatable (and in non-English markets they make hard time understanding what the meaning of it is, so you have to explain to non-hardcore what wtf does Training Season mean or that Houdini was a magician from 100 years ago :toofunny2:)

• Haha 2

It was kind of predictable. She still hasn't gotten a New Rules or Don't Start Now from this era, there's no way they were going to announce an album release date yet.

Especially since Dua is not going to sell an album without a hit.

:clack:

That’s the price you pay for making generic pop music :ryan3:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

23 hours ago, MaxMartin said:

i don't see Ian Kirkpatrick there :biblio:

He already has 3 songs on album…

On 3/10/2024 at 8:27 AM, Reginald said:

If I was her, I would take a long break from the nostalgic 70s/80s sound. It's so damn overdone. We want modern 2020s music.

That goes for all MPGs not just Dua.

I love ha but she is boring at this point. Give us something new and fresh. We did not wait damn near 4 years to get FN 2.0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Gaia said:

I love ha but she is boring at this point. Give us something new and fresh. We did not wait damn near 4 years to get FN 2.0

Imagine the collapse if she release an aespa-coded modern smasher :jonnycat:

ezgif-com-optimize.thumb.gif.947066cec7f

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.