Christina Aguilera has left RCA Records and has new Sony Music label

ReH2o

nothing will change because her lazy ass is the problem. just when i thought her album rollouts couldn't get any worse, she managed to outdo herself with Aguilera's botched release.

i wish her a ounce of luck:rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• attention

• XDNA

• toxicgenie

1 hour ago, perfillusion said:

Halfway through this thread everyone started saying she got dropped.

51 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

The usual suspects rushing into her threads to lie.

no... it's because threads were merged lmao 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

She remains under their catalogue though.

https://www.rcarecords.com/artist/christina-aguilera

For now, at least. Less than a week ago her site still said RCA, so it was recently updated.

https://web.archive.org/web/20240229023653/https://www.christinaaguilera.com/

LOLOLOL

While Britney 0 fucks is still signed ksisksisksjhbknl,

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, yassskween said:

LOLOLOL

While Britney 0 fucks is still signed ksisksisksjhbknl,

Christina is also signed :huh:

• Like 1

ppl actually believing she got dropped :snowman:

• Haha 1

She can now reply to "What's your label?" and "How much has your last album sold?" with the same answer! Smart queen :clap3:

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

The only information I can find about 5020 Records is that it's a Sony label and it seems to focus on Latin music? It must be a tiny imprint though, its instagram only has 7k followers.

I don't think Christina was dropped as much as she was demoted. 

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

The only information I can find about 5020 Records is that it's a Sony label and it seems to focus on Latin music? It must be a tiny imprint though, its instagram only has 7k followers.

I don't think Christina was dropped as much as she was demoted. 

So you think Sony greenlit the creation of a brand new label, along with all the expenses and staffing to get it up and running, just to demote Xtina? 

There's not much info about it because it's a new label and this information hasn't been publicized. The only reason we know is because stans are clever and found out. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

So you think Sony greenlit the creation of a brand new label, along with all the expenses and staffing to get it up and running, just to demote Xtina? 

There's not much info about it because it's a new label and this information hasn't been publicized. The only reason we know is because stans are clever and found out. 

Lmao no, the label has other acts too, they didn't create it just for her. They just stashed her there, in a low priority label and not RCA which is a flagship. It doesn't  even have a website, lol. Tini is signed there too so that's the general level. 

Edited by Jay07
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Lmao no, the label has other acts too, they didn't create it just for her. They just stashed her there, in a low priority label and not RCA which is a flagship. It doesn't  even have a website, lol. Tini is signed there too so that's the general level. 

Seems very unlikely when they could just keep the status quo. Look at RCA's roster, they have plenty of artists signed that are not well known as well.

They have a website but there's no artist info. Obviously, Sony is not ready for it to go public. Will circle back to this once it goes public. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

She'll just do whatever she wants to now, for better or worse.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LaFuerza said:

It makes sense that some people wish Christina got dropped because that would give them some sense of winning. Even if that were the case, that wouldn't magically stop their fave's addiction to meth and all of a sudden make her want to make music again. Whatever makes them feel better though. 

:ahh:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Perched for her comeback, she has it in her to smash

• Haha 1

Any label worth their weight in salt would never drop Xtina. She may not be selling hot cakes anymore but she has a reliable fanbase that will always purchase her albums, she’s secured a decent touring reputation, and her back catalogue is successful/iconic enough that there will always be money to be made from it. Legend X will be fine. 

• Thanks 6

I am so excited for the Xtina & Megan collaboration. That’s probably going to be either Christina’s lead with Meg doing a verse or otherwise on Megan’s next album and Xtina singing the hook

:jonny5:

This has made the headlines and they say left but everyone in the comments is saying "more like dropped 😂" I can't imagine her as a droplet kind of artist like Jlo releasing music all the time not nessasarily tied to an album.

Edited by Tudors

If this is a Latin music focused imprint, it's probably just for releases of this kind, just like La Espalda, La Madera and La Trompeta came out on Sony Music Latin instead of RCA.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Who cares if she left or got dropped? I'm praying she's off that dogshit label. Miley finally left them and had one of the biggest hits in H100 history :deadbanana: They suck.

It’s actually crazy how all Columbia did was the bare minimum and Miley got a hit, meanwhile RCA didn’t even bother doing that. 

you can't make this **** up :bibliahh:

5020 records better know how to handle this queen and make her record a house album

Edited by shyboi
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Any label worth their weight in salt would never drop Xtina. She may not be selling hot cakes anymore but she has a reliable fanbase that will always purchase her albums, she’s secured a decent touring reputation, and her back catalogue is successful/iconic enough that there will always be money to be made from it. Legend X will be fine. 

decent touring reputation? her last tour was almost 20 years ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

She’s back in the game now, ready to smash with a Back 2 Basics sized era. Anything less would be a failure

spacer.png

Edited by fememeist
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 hours ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Another stan of the fallen star here releasing their anger . I know babes, seeing her spreading the ashes of a lit cigarette on herself while dancing in doors gave me nightmares too. But it’s gonna be ok I promise.

Why do you have to be so disgusting?

• Thumbs Down 2

I hope you guys don't actually expect anything from this news? :rip: 

At this point in Xtina's career, she's been past her peak for a decade, changing labels will not do anything if there's no interest from the masses.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.