• shyboi

• attention

• XDNA

• toxicgenie

1 hour ago, Sexyzinger said:

Oh she is READY to come HARD. Mmm

RCANCIENT IS FINALLY OVER PARTY

• Thanks 1

She is overdue for a comeback. Her debut album is brilliant and it's so strange that she hasn't had a solo hit since like 2008. She looks great. JT released this year. Let's cash in and get comeback single and tour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

xtina hasnt had a comeback moment at all like other pop divas. jlo, mariah, britney, madonna, cher all had comebacks. i hope she has her moment id like to see it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, popstyle said:

xtina hasnt had a comeback moment at all like other pop divas. jlo, mariah, britney, madonna, cher all had comebacks. i hope she has her moment id

She had a comeback with Say Something. Nobody thought she would touch the top 3 on billboard again after Bionic & she did.

If Jennifer & Cher random singles are considered comebacks same should apply for Xtina & Justin’s Say Something

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

now that TINI collab from last year makes sense

we love supportive labelmates :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facelessboy said:

She had a comeback with Say Something. Nobody thought she would touch the top 3 on billboard again after Bionic & she did.

If Jennifer & Cher random singles are considered comebacks same should apply for Xtina & Justin’s Say Something

thats not really a comeback era. it was one song. and believe and love were big eras not just singles.

Edited by popstyle
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why not Sony Music Latin (Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, JLo, Maluma, Becky G etc)

Suddenly I heard her victory belting in the tune of Ain't No Other Man intro from reading this news. :hippo:

Best of luck, hope she will get her second wind. Do your thang, Hunni!! :heart:

• Haha 4

Hopefully this will score her another hit since she hasn't had a top 10 of her own since 2008 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

So… what does this mean for her career?

that she’s a legend that’s already proven she’s capable of selling out tours and selling records domestically and internationally so whatever lame tired flop jokes anyone has leave that sh*t in 2010 where it belongs. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

She honestly should’ve left after Bionic underperformed. Though, I don’t know the details of her contract.

Hopefully this means new music soon.

• Like 1

There was an insisting rumor a few months ago saying that RCA dropped her because of her terrible sales. Guess it was true.

Good luck to her now lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

34 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

There was an insisting rumor a few months ago saying that RCA dropped her because of her terrible sales. Guess it was true.

Though not impossible, it's highly unlikely. Specifically because she's moving to another Sony label. 

If one in-house team deemed her commercially unviable, there'd be no logic in another picking her up. 

• Thanks 5

39 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

She's going from one Sony label to another... :rip:

• Like 3

I hope so.

On the surface, RCA hasn't done much for her since Bionic. 

At the same time they can't be solely blamed because SHE has been gratingly lazy. From wasted years on The Voice (which lined her pockets but TKO'd her brand) to never veering beyond the "basic 1-2 videos and album release" plan that RCA has given her ever since 2010. 

It's hard not to be frustrated with her when you see how driven her peers are (see: Beyonce and to a lesser degree Usher, JT). From self-funded videos to starting their own labels to going all out with establishing a social presence to a general drive to keep going. Comparatively, Xtina does...nothing. 

Now she's on her touring game and I suspect she's somewhat content with that as it's big, easy money that isn't contingent on pushing an album. But it's just been sad watching her effectively sit out years that could have been a commercial comeback for no particular reason. 

To think, she never properly performed her most iconic bop, Your Body, at the time it was released. To think she only performed the Liberation tracks a handful of times. She literally strikes as the shrewd type of act that will only do "xyz" if the label is covering it. Maybe it's the era she came up in, but it's not conducive to elevating.

She's long needed a fresh label team to take her out of her own comfort zone and provide a fresh perspective and fresh push. No clue what 5020 is, but if they are equipped to action what's needed, I'm for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

If believing that narrative makes you feel better due to the harrowing condition of your fave then we won’t judge you, babe. 

• Haha 11

We could only hope

• Like 1

She’s still showing up on RCA’s artists roster so I’m not really sure how this is true? And if true, she surely wouldn’t go to a smaller sub label with considerably less budget than RCA 

Give us an album full of fun songs like "Monday Morning" Queen!! :duca: 

10 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

She needs to put in the work though in order to prove she is profitable. Otherwise she will be shelved. 

Profitability is no longer realistic for legend Christina me thinks, but they can always cash in with the nostalgia. They just need to get creative. 

7 hours ago, Vitaly said:

Suddenly I heard her victory belting in the tune of Ain't No Other Man intro from reading this news. :hippo:

i loved this :toofunny2:

2 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

The way you casually spreading lies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If Afo Verde is running this branch of Sony Latin get ready for newbie c lister collaborations.

• Confused 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.