Camila Cabello f/ Playboi Carti - "I LUV IT"

TalkThatRihanna

12 hours ago, memi stan said:

The streams are great! It really seems like this will be a hit for Camila. I'm really happy for her! 
also, can someone explain the music video to me cause it leaves me confused ? :rip:

The song could be about Shawn - the love interest in the music video has a butterfly tattoo on his arm. It could also just be a coincidence. 

The video opens up with her love interest holding a bow and arrow - presumably she's been struck / fallen for this guy. We later see she has an arrow in her chest and they're in the emergency room. It then pans to the police officer axing the palm tree she's hoisted on high in the air - a metaphor for her walls/guard being broken down. The video then shows her in a variety of scenarios such as eating cake for breakfast and drinking gasoline. These are decisions she knows aren't good for her, but she can't resist the temptation. The scenes where she's fighting are a metaphor for her being stuck in this relationship where she bit off more than she can chew - she want's to break free but can't. Her running from the dogs symbolizes the rush/adrenaline or high she feels from the relationship. The scene where she's lying on the car and the person is filming her I think is a metaphor for the world watching her spiral in a relationship that ultimately 'kills' or is hurting her. The scene where she's shooting the bed I think is her laying the relationship to rest.

I'm not too sure what the blindfold scenes represent - maybe that love is blind...

Edited by XXI.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bentley

• istersay

• vinicius

• rickycabello123

her spotify numbers are good no? for 8 hours, they look good to me 

dont really care if radios hate this song,, this is a tiktok smash a la greedy (jasper 2/2),, the gurls will shake ass to this!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dillan said:

Ask Bentley.

Not all this talk about Boat and ATRL having a boat ad at the bottom of this page. 

tfs8k73.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, vinicius said:

Ask Bentley.

pls anyone else :ducky:

• Haha 5

I don't know if the streams will be as high as some of y'all are saying, or if it could turn into a hit.. I'm keeping my expectations low so if it rises I will be pleasantly surprised :chick1:

• Like 6

This is awful. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, dillan said:

Yes, the numbers are gr8!

• Like 1

Sirius xm isn't pop radio 

• Haha 1

i kind of love and hate it at the same time lmao

whats boat?😭

this is such a great song, people that are trying to make it into an accelerate are grasping at straws :WAP:

Edited by Mocha
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

y'all gagging at those spotify numbers but how is it almost out of the top 20 on itunes. this should be alarming 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Can said:

y'all gagging at those spotify numbers but how is it almost out of the top 20 on itunes. this should be alarming 

iTunes is long dead

Just now, Kamil24 said:

iTunes is long dead

sales still important?

Yeah I'm kinda worried and also why is the playlisting in the UK of all places so terrible? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinicius said:

I think it's very subjective. For me it's about loving someone who isn't good for you, but you still love them and also the feeling of being in love, even if it hurts.

That's why it shows her in dangerous situations (fighting someone stronger, drinking gasoline, etc), but she still "luvs it". I think it's a metaphor for when we are in a bad relationship and we see ourselves doing things totally out of our comfort zone and also doing things that surpass our own limits, just to keep that person in our lives.

That hospital scene, where the guy who hurt her seems so unbothered and indifferent, yet still keeping company, really HITS me.

And also the cake scene, I think it shows that stage when we are too sad, depressed and anxious, and we don't know how to cope with our feelings and start having some compulsive behaviors (eating disorder, etc).

Thank you! I love your depiction of the video and the effort you put into giving me such a well thought out response.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Can said:

I'm not alarmed. I stan Camila and I didn't even buy it on iTunes. I haven't bought music on iTunes in what feels like a lifetime ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the way this just gets better with more listens :msmarvel:

seeing stars………… oh my god :msmarvel:

I luv it I luv it I luv it I luv it I luv it I luv it OOO!

:msmarvel:

• Like 3

Whew I just got a brand new 2024 mustang and this goes so well with it 💅🏻💅🏻 such a vibe 

nice AM playlisting.. now get it on TTH 

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.