Ariana Grande - "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"

kyliefever2002

26 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

seems kinda low (unless these are really conservative estimates). I was anticipating a Top 5 debut from streams alone.

• Like 2

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• ariananext

• Blue Monday

• duybeeGAshantiGA

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

seems kinda low (unless these are really conservative estimates). I was anticipating a Top 5 debut from streams alone.

That's not happening. It doesn't even have airplay and the US streams are kinda low compared to the global #s

I'm sensing a One Last Time/Into You-like peak but insane longevity/cult classic status in the long run :gaycat3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I really love this Song and it is been a Long time since a video elevated the song for me like it did here. 
we are stanning 

• Like 4

Is it me or does this feel like a spiritual chill sister to Into You?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DuffStan said:

It definitely is seeming to have that type of energy. Not a bad look whatsoever!

• Like 1

this is nothing Carly Rae Jepsen hasn't already done, i dont get the hype. 

I hate the instrumental is not louder especially the drops. This could've been her Dancing On My Own. 

:jonnycat:

Spoiler

Max Martin FIX THIS!!!

• Like 2

The album should have been 13 of these and I’d be happy. This is the standout for me. The video really elevated the song and now I can’t stop playing. Miles better than yes and. A future classic 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, the video is the reason why I changed my ranking from "Solid" to "Be Best". Really conveys that emotion perfectly and so poignantly.  

• Like 1

I think this needed a key change or something. It just plods along. I mean i like it but I don't think its the masterpiece people are claiming it to be. 

Could be top 3 maybe #1 bc recency bias but imperfect for you / eternal sunshine / supernatural i fear are gonna have more replay value than this… but the highs are highing in right now 

Top 3 in the album for me and the video is gorgeous :heart2:

• Like 1

The video is so sad 😭…the actress jumped out 

Edited by 50thStateofMind
  • Like 5

I’m obsessed with the song and video. She captured the detrimental feeling of a heartbreak so beautifully, and I was pleasantly surprised by her acting. I’m usually not into her music but I can’t stop playing this. Will spend the rest of my weekend reminiscing an imaginary breakup I never had.

• Like 2

I have a playlist that goes WCBF then Trustfall then Dancing On My Own :jonny5: Just amazing.

On 3/8/2024 at 4:33 PM, aaron511 said:

Omg, it sounds exactly like Trustfall. Especially the chorus

Listen and compare yourselves. Both great songs :clap3:

My favorite song from 2023. Oh, Pink, the legend that you are. :cries:

OT: both song and video...probably one of my favorites ever from Ariana. Definitely a sad bop is always welcomed. :gaycat7:

She did well although she was a bit nervous. Her voice sounds so full. Love the aesthetics. :heart:

15 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

15 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

That's not happening. It doesn't even have airplay and the US streams are kinda low compared to the global #s

I'm sensing a One Last Time/Into You-like peak but insane longevity/cult classic status in the long run :gaycat3:

10 hours ago, Ger.vaz said:

I really love this Song and it is been a Long time since a video elevated the song for me like it did here. 
we are stanning 

to be fair, I had no idea that a music video was coming with the song. Is it a single? Is it just a music video to help the album get streams? It deserves more as it is absolutely fantastic, but the promo has been no -existent for this song. Idk if they think yes, and? With the remixes and the feature will carry but they should move onto this song. 

8 hours ago, tomo said:

I hate the instrumental is not louder especially the drops. This could've been her Dancing On My Own. 

:jonnycat:

Hide contents

Max Martin FIX THIS!!!

very this  I’ve listened to a version of just Ari’s lyrics over Robyn’s instrumental and also a mashup, and I feel like if she’s gonna use Robyn/Dancing on my Own for very heavy inspiration it should musically hit hard as well as lyrically. We haven’t had a sad upbeat anthem like this in a while and she should capitalize on it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DuffStan said:

i thought i was alone thinking this! every time i listen, part of me is still begging for the bridge to explode the same way as into you, but i fully understand that would spoil the vulnerability of the song. 

i posted this before, but i want an alternate version with a bigger bridge and final chorus with elevated vocals:WAP:

• Like 1

Not me crying every.single.time watching this video. I need to stop watching reaction videos otherwise I am gonna be dehydrated soon.

• Haha 1

The video and song are the best of the year for me so far. Ariana going Robyn just works so incredibly well. I actually cried with the video. Bravo!!

1 hour ago, loveisdead9582 said:

to be fair, I had no idea that a music video was coming with the song. Is it a single? Is it just a music video to help the album get streams? It deserves more as it is absolutely fantastic, but the promo has been no -existent for this song. Idk if they think yes, and? With the remixes and the feature will carry but they should move onto this song. 

Yeah she did refer to it as the 2nd single on the Zane Lowe interview and said that the music video encompasses the entire album for her. 

I also thought it was weird how this wasn't sent to radio and wasn't #1 on TTH instead, but I guess they wanted to give YA? a one last push for album release. They might also be waiting to see if another track dark horses We Can't Be Friends so they'd push it instead?

The outro in the SNL performance :jonny: I wish it sounded like that in the studio version 

The song grew on me so much. May be my favourite from the album atm

When I first heard the song while playing the full album I liked it but I was not sure about it being a single. Right now I am so happy they released it, because is probably one of the best on Ariana's discography

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.