• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xokuba

• Club classic

• Cain

• Contessa

I actually haven't heard her MySpace album so will have to check that out one day. BRAT era has been a blast so far and hopefully I can see her for the third time this fall.

46 minutes ago, Braz said:

Is her tour selling better after the album smashed?

idk abt the pit but most of the seating area is near selling out

13 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Another hit we-:WAP: 

YES! I've been an Apple apologist from day 1 and it feels SO good to see it get recognition 

We love a generational trauma anthem

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

It's a shame cause if she released an album like Crash after Brat it would be bigger than the original was since know people know her and that was way more accessible to the masses. 

If she released an album like Crash after Brat all the commercial success, acclaim and goodwill she got this era will evaporate into thin air

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 3

It's still really mindboggling to me how THIS album is thee breakthrough for her, especially since the previous one was supposedly her "sellout era". Massive acclaim, album success, several songs charting, memes, themed parties globally, fans dressing up, the lime green/black font combo becoming immediately recognizable and iconic, amazing remixes and more still coming, etc. Easily the best era this decade with Future Nostalgia. And as much as I love CRASH and think the hate towards it is forced, I'm glad this all happened with an album that feels like the culmination of her career.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

It's still really mindboggling to me how THIS album is thee breakthrough for her, especially since the previous one was supposedly her "sellout era". Massive acclaim, album success, several songs charting, memes, themed parties globally, fans dressing up, the lime green/black font combo becoming immediately recognizable and iconic, amazing remixes and more still coming, etc. Easily the best era this decade with Future Nostalgia. And as much as I love CRASH and think the hate towards it is forced, I'm glad this all happened with an album that feels like the culmination of her career.

200.webp

• Like 3

I know this isn't completely Brat-related, but would the XCX stans mind recommending me some of Charli's most cvnty, experimental, weird bops? Brat is my AOTY so far and I'm ready to stan, but I barely know any of her older stuff so I'm not sure where to start.

For reference, my favorite songs are usually very hard-hitting, experimental or  cvnty 2010s Britney-esque electropop. I'm really feeling:

B2B

Club Classics

Apple

Guess

Spring Breakers

Von Dutch

I'd also love any super experimental recommendations like Shake It from her self-titled album. 

thanks besties :gaycat2:

2 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I know this isn't completely Brat-related, but would the XCX stans mind recommending me some of Charli's most cvnty, experimental, weird bops? Brat is my AOTY so far and I'm ready to stan, but I barely know any of her older stuff so I'm not sure where to start.

For reference, my favorite songs are usually very hard-hitting, experimental or  cvnty 2010s Britney-esque electropop. I'm really feeling:

B2B

Club Classics

Apple

Guess

Spring Breakers

Von Dutch

I'd also love any super experimental recommendations like Shake It from her self-titled album. 

Just listen to Vroom Vroom, Pop 2 and How I'm Feeling Now, they're full of those

I hope she makes the most of this moment and gives us one more era before she goes off her birth control and has her well-deserved little Bratlynn.

56 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

B2B

Club Classics

Apple

Guess

Spring Breakers

Von Dutch

2 hours ago, Cain said:

If she released an album like Crash after Brat all the commercial success, acclaim and goodwill she got this era will evaporate into thin air

Not really, Crash still got an 8.0 from Pitchfork and the songs are catchy.

"Von Dutch" was used in last nights episode of The Kardashians

Caroline Polachek is at Roskilde but she's not on this year's lineup, maybe she's joining Charli during her set and premiering the rumored Apple remix?

Holds at #4 in the UK this week.

#2-#3-#4-#4. Would be amazing if she has another shot at #1 in the future, seems unlikely but maybe awards season with the BRITs and Grammys if she secures wins

Pop2

Vroom Vroom EP

brat

How I'm Feeling Now

N1 Angel 

CRASH

True Romance

Charli

SUCKER

Sucker is soooooo next-level, tbh I feel so sorry for everyone who places it below self-titled or Crash or the lime green one — they clearly don't understand high Art.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1. True Romance

2. Crash

3. Number 1 Angel (I see Brat taking this spot tho if we are being honest)

4. Brat

5. Sucker

6. Vroom Vroom EP

aand don't like the rest :heart:

——

I was an Appl hater when it came out but damn that song has grown on me so much. Same with Spring Breakers 

I normally don't listen to Charli's music, but I gave this a try and I liked it quite a lot. My favorite songs are 360, Talk Talk and So I.

I hate when people act like Crash sounds like a Dr Luke produced sell-out album :deadbanana4: Even though sell-out was the concept, most of it is still very Charli, like the title track, New Shapes, Baby, Lightning imo yes it has some pop radio tracks like Good Ones and Used to Know Me but the vast majority is still made in her quintessential soundscape

• Like 6

1. brat

vroom vroom ep

2. pop 2

3. charli

4. how i'm feeling now

5. number 1 angel

6. crash

7. true romance

8. sucker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.