Adele loses voice; postpones residency

rosesbloom

This is really unfortunate for everyone, including Adele. She's had vocal issues throughout her career. I can't reasonably speak to her technique but she seems to be very injury prone. Hopefully she recovers quickly. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• toxicgenie

• TOKYO.

• Coldpurry

I know adele is pretentious but I never imagined adele has haters like here on atrl :confused:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These haters coming for her vocals, I just can't. 

I'd rather listen to Adele's hoarse voice than other MPG's monotone offkey voice. :giraffe:

Hope she gets the all the rest she can take so that her voice would be back in shape soon. 

7 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

No shade but I remember when the Nekci Menij Show made a joke about "Adole" losing her voice when she's meant to perform live. 12 years later it actually came true. :deadbanana2:

Iconic show tbh. Anyway she really needs a break

Edited by Princess Aurora

How can she lose something when she never had it in the first place?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

9 hours ago, Vespertine said:

People want us to believe that Adele is the vocalist of an entire generation. 

There are other professional singers who belt on Broadway (while also acting and dancing) in multiple shows per week, and sometimes in multiple shows per day. Why can’t Adele manage it one day per week? C’mon now :rip: 

Honestly this, Raye managed something like 200 shows last year and is still announcing dates like they’re going out of fashion, mainly because she’s independent. Just goes to show if you have the privilege of high record sales, then touring and getting to the people buying those records isn’t a priority. Look at the ridiculous residency she’s got planned in a custom built stadium for August. Would have cost less to just do 8 dates across Europe and actually get to the fans but she has zero interest in going out of her way to do so. It’s like when she cancelled Wembley and her launch weekend either on the day or the day before knowing All Too Well (10 min version) that the people had already travelled and spent a lot of their own money. 

• Like 2

There is not enough energy to power her voice.

I remember a few years back one of those coach singers on YouTube talking bout how she doesn't have a technique and sometimes goes more into shouting mode 

7 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th time in her career that she's post-poning/canceling concert dates because of her voice? If she's gonna be doing more than 30 or so dates, she either needs a new vocal regimen or a coach for maintenance. Does she still smoke? 

She probably should have canceled earlier when she got sick the first time and kept performing. There were no issues with her voice. Whatever she got, it took a toll on her it  because she didn’t rest accordingly. 

36 minutes ago, MasterExpose said:

I remember a few years back one of those coach singers on YouTube talking bout how she doesn't have a technique and sometimes goes more into shouting mode 

That coach needs to be coached. 

11 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

No shade but I remember when the Nekci Menij Show made a joke about "Adole" losing her voice when she's meant to perform live. 12 years later it actually came true. :deadbanana2:

omg i'm missing that show! lemme rewatch this for 12123th time

5 hours ago, CallumDavies said:

Does she have most cancelled or rescheduled shows out of the MPGs? It’s crazy. 

I'm sure some swiftie will make us an excel spreadsheet in the next few days.

Some of the comments are so nasty in here.

But then again what do you expect from ATRL?

She needs to dodge the super hard notes, do new vocal arrangements for a few songs and sing them in a lower key, it'd prevent her from straining her voice so much. 

17 hours ago, CallumDavies said:

Does she have most cancelled or rescheduled shows out of the MPGs? It’s crazy. 

Absolutely not even close. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2024 at 9:14 PM, SpaceOddity said:

She needs to dodge the super hard notes, do new vocal arrangements for a few songs and sing them in a lower key, it'd prevent her from straining her voice so much. 

Or get a better technique… she can laugh HIGH pitched so she can ALSO SING high/hard notes…

3 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

Or get a better technique… she can laugh HIGH pitched so she can ALSO SING high/hard notes…

but singing that high would require her to use unhealthy technique

Still no new dates and they wont give refunds...  I'm irriated

• Confused 1

On 2/27/2024 at 8:41 PM, toxicgenie said:

I don't get how she has so many issues with her voice. At her level she needs to have a plan to maintain it.

so everyone forgot how she used to smoke cigarettes???

9 minutes ago, Jjang said:

this is… a mess

Yeah, it is.  My tickets were over 800 each, and they're just in limbo, and who knows if I'll even be able to make it to the next show

Idk why she's getting dragged. Who else has a majority ballad discography, sings 100% live (bye Celine), and tours every era? That's VERY difficult regardless of technique. She can't take a break from vocals by doing a quick 1,2 step choreo during her songs or else there would be no sound. Unfortunately with the type of music she makes this is going to happen every time. Try singing an Adele song from start to finish, now do that for 2 hours straight.

Edited by Fleahive
  • Like 2

Cameltoe Chariot

The absolute vitriol y'all spit at Adele is f*cking wild. She has vocal problems and suddenly everyone on ATRL is a singing technique expert and acts like this is 100% her fault.

Human bodies are not machines, nor are they all the same. Absolute WEIRDO behaviour on display here as usual.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fleahive said:

Idk why she's getting dragged. Who else has a majority ballad discography, sings 100% live (bye Celine), and tours every era? That's VERY difficult regardless of technique. She can't take a break from vocals by doing a quick 1,2 step choreo during her songs or else there would be no sound. Unfortunately with the type of music she makes this is going to happen every time. Try singing an Adele song from start to finish, now do that for 2 hours straight.

The way they're handling the rescheduling and refusal to refund is drag worthy though, that's very objective. It's super difficult to do but she's had to reschedule several shows, end tours prematurely cause she can't handle the strain of it all - but keeps making long show schedules and keeps smoking. At this point she should know her limits and not overbook.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.