Country radio station refuses to play Beyoncé

paulie

57 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

One of the biggest artists in the US right now is a white country male singer, who released a song that hasn't left the top 10 of the hot100 in the past 6 months (except for a couple of weeks during Christmas) singlehandedly carried by streaming and held back from spending many weeks at #1, because he's blacklisted by his format.

Let alone, a singular woman has managed to hit #1 on the country airplay chart in the past two years, and anyone really expects them to play a black woman?

I think the BeyHive and probably the original person who requested this song to this station understand very well the difficulties that she'll have in getting played on country radio. That doesn't mean one should not ask, try or even expect that they not exhibit bias either in gender, race or whatever other reason the person you're alluding to is blacklisted (assuming it's not for good reason).

It sounds almost as if you think we should all just accept it for what it is and not ask that it make any changes to behaviour you're outlining as unfair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Nickimeetsatrl

• Lovett

• orange22

Dr. Alexander
2 hours ago, Katamari said:

That mullet man is not respected and hadn’t had a hit in years :dies: Old town road is barely country and many thought it was a mockery of the genre. It’s peak makes sense

spacer.png

You on that stuff again, ain’t you?

😭😭😭 this will be a tough transition 

• Like 2

Beyonce is such a legend for releasing, and therefore reclaiming country music :clap3: :clap3:

Speaks volumes that these blood red state radio stations won't even consider playing it. 

11 minutes ago, anastaciabby said:

Oh wow I guess racism was deleted off the face of the earth because they played a millionaires song, no special treatment there 

You do realize that sometimes it takes someone getting "special treatment" before doors can be fully opened to others right?

Surely, there are hundreds of artists that should have gotten the opportunity to be welcomed onto country radio before Beyoncé, but not playing Beyoncé's song isn't going to change any of that. Playing her song, however, might change it for those to come.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Beyoncé is also a women over 40. Country radio usually restricts female play to women under 35.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

😭😭😭 this will be a tough transition 

Did he just spit like that?

• Like 1

I’m just going to say that there are racist people in every fan base and so many of them exposed themselves in this very thread; however, certain fanbase has more racists than others! 

Reading this thread gives me a headache and second hand embarrassment due to some of these racists honestly can’t help or simply just too stupid and exposed themselves! 

1 hour ago, Moloko Plus said:

Song sounds like a literal parody but everyone’s calling it racism :laugh: Need y’all to be so serious rn

Agreed.

She's entering a space referencing every country cliche she can think of - doing the hoedown, drinking whiskey, going to a dive bar.

It feels like something that belongs on SNL skit more than anything, yet people are expected to respect it. :deadbanana2:

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 6

1 hour ago, shark_heather said:

Then why she bothers to release country music if country stations dont play her 🤔 

Arts not charts. 

:suburban:

This era is gonna be filled with kiis for the fans and haters I feel :rip:

7 minutes ago, Zefierce said:

Agreed.

She's entering a space referencing every country cliche she can think of - doing the hoedown, drinking whiskey, going to a dive bar.

It feels like something that belongs on SNL skit more than anything, yet people are expected to respect it. :deadbanana2:

Every time your fave tries to dance or hit a high note, it’s a parody within itself. 

How about you worry about that? 

spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 4

4 hours ago, wildsidenormani said:

Texas Hold 'Em needs to smash on streaming so these incestuous hillbillies have no choice but to play it. I want them to seethe 

:ahh:

the racists on ATRL, IRL, social media, etc. expose themselves when they start panicking... it's hilarious and Bey knows how to pop their blood vessel every time

HgYULfD.gif

lemme sit back and enjoy the show

HgYULfD.gif

• Like 3

Country radio hardly plays women in their own genre :deadbanana:

• Thanks 1

There’s a lot to unpack here I don’t have the energy to. Except to say that I wish all this energy was being applied to 16 carriages…

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Zefierce said:

Agreed.

A parody is making fun of something though, which it is not.

And also, she's making country music, should she not have country themes as well? The #1 "Hot Country Song" in America (which has been there for 20 weeks) begins by talking about drinking whiskey, continues talking about driving in a '88 Ford, hanging out in someone's basement and going to the bar.

But when Beyoncé does it...it's parody and cliché. When others do it...and are on top of the respective chart for 20 weeks...no problem?

Edited by swissman
  • Like 3

Not looking good for country racists media wise 👀😂

The news are now EVERYWHERE!

Do you really think other country radio stations wanna get the backlash this one is getting, on a worldwide scale?

Do you really think radio owners wanna get they business exposed as a racist one?

I think Bey perfectly knew this was going to happen, and so she knew the outcome would be more than good for her.

In other words, if you don’t play her country song in country radios, people will immediately say they are racists.

A win-win situation for Bey, once again.

Pretends to be shocked

They barely play females let alone a black female

7 minutes ago, mrjaldin said:

Not looking good for country racists media wise 👀😂

The news are now EVERYWHERE!

Do you really think other country radio stations wanna get the backlash this one is getting, on a worldwide scale?

Do you really think radio owners wanna get they business exposed as a racist one?

I think Bey perfectly knew this was going to happen, and so she knew the outcome would be more than good for her.

In other words, if you don’t play her country song in country radios, people will immediately say they are racists.

A win-win situation for Bey, once again.

Calling people racist is not a win for Beyoncé. 

• Like 4

It's funny how so many apparent fans of country music (a genre often defined by storytelling) can claim this song is a parody through keywords in the lyrics but are not expressing the least bit of comprehension as to what she's actually saying with the lyrics. It's clearly about Beyoncé having left Texas but bringing along her Texan values. The laundry list of allusions she makes to "country music" is more so a way she's sharing her upbringing with her romantic partner. As the song goes. "This ain't no Texas"... she's not in Texas and that's why she's telling her love interest to put his cards down (ie. open up to her) and thus the story unfolds of them travelling around and just having fun.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Man I would too. These songs suck. wtf is she trying to do?

I respect her right to experiment, but this could be a mixtape or little EP, not a whole fkn era.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

20 minutes ago, Pillz said:

Man I would too. These songs suck. wtf is she trying to do?

I respect her right to experiment, but this could be a mixtape or little EP, not a whole fkn era.

I can only imagine after act iii she does a broadway musical about her life using these showtunes she keep releasing. She probably just wants a Tony. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

22 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

Yeah . . . Azealia’s right, for once. This is a publicity stunt. Everyone knows the low-IQ trashy MAGA crowd hates Beyoncé. This is just to get a million “thinkpieces” written about a black woman’s place in country music (already nauseating and none have even appeared yet), and then random celebs will speak up and act SHOCKED at the awful treatment she’s getting. Oh, the humanity!

Please just release another B’Day please! :heart:

I predicted this thread yesterday. I will now go by Miss Cleo. Readings will be $20 a pop. Happy endings cost extra. 
spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michael196 said:

One of the biggest artists in the US right now is a white country male singer, who released a song that hasn't left the top 10 of the hot100 in the past 6 months (except for a couple of weeks during Christmas) singlehandedly carried by streaming and held back from spending many weeks at #1, because he's blacklisted by his format.

Let alone, a singular woman has managed to hit #1 on the country airplay chart in the past two years, and anyone really expects them to play a black woman?

And Tyler Childers just now got radio play for "In Your Love". It's ridiculous lmfao

Country radio is an entirely different world (for the worse), y'all are stepping into uncharted territory. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.