Beyoncé - "16 Carriages"

Hurem

I’m obsessed. Haven’t had an emotional reaction like this since Bigger. The outro is so haunting and personal. 

• Like 3

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• 99sandthe2000s

• Lovett

• Mystic Warrior

vocals are good .. but it's not really my kinda thing .. will listen to the album when it drops though

11 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

Not something I’ll ever play again but she got her 1 stream of me I guess.

The GP to LIBERATION. 

I like this one better than the other

Beyonce Voice :WAP: The production is :flame:

• Like 1

:clap3:So amazing. Deserves a video.

Yeah this song really is sublime. Bey's voice just sounds better and better with each era. 

• Like 1

the outro is beautiful. it’s different, but i think i really like it. 

• Like 1

This is really the standout out of the 2 songs and it seems like Twitter agrees. Hope that’s reflected in the streams this week!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

The GP to LIBERATION. 

And I care why? I made a comment about a bad song. Not everything has to relate to Xtina but it’s nice she’s on your mind I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Down 1

Might be her best song to date. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

this is amazing:jonny5:

her best slow song since 2016. 8 ******* years. 

she should've release this single alone and then release the other song in a few weeks. give this song the full attention it deserves

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

#8 on US AM & #1 on US iTunes :clap:

Is that good? 

I prefer this one from the two. 

Oh wait! This is miles ahead of Texas Hold ‘Em! She sounds so good!!!!

Another boring ass garage band attempt. :rip:

• Thumbs Down 18

This is IMPECCABLE! We are only in February but it's giving SOTY already :loki:what an Artist

I kinda hate Texas Holdem, but this is INCREDIBLE :jonny5: Discography highlight instantly

• Like 1

This one is SO good.

On first listen, Texas Hold 'Em was more immediate to me, and so when I heard this I thought...well, ok? But by the end of the song the relentlessness really painted the emotions beautifully and I see what a masterpiece it is.

I know people won't like this comparison, but I really appreciate the way that Beyoncé is not afraid to make music that skirts pop-writing sensibilities, and favours the effect of the music rather than the comfort of it. She did this in Be Alive, too, where the song has this ever-moving-forward energy. A lot of fans and people disliked the song, but I found it brilliant because she was saying something with this choice, as it reflected the endless hustle of the Williams sisters for their career. To have added an orchestral break or a lighter bridge would have taken that away, and it made it a stronger artistic choice imo. The same goes for a song like I'M THAT GIRL or MY HOUSE where the flow or the energy is interrupted by something new, the beat changes or it leads us nowhere. And she did that in Hold Up too where the Countdown sample teases a release we never get until the next song on the album.

Here, I really love the way the chorus is basically one melody repeated (16!) times. It's a brilliant way to embody the words.

• Like 1

This is so impeccable. I cried many times listening to this. 

The other one is cute but this is AMAZING :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.