Beyoncé - 'COWBOY CARTER'

19SLAYty9

3 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

So as a casual listener I had to put up with y'all bitching and whining about lack of visuals and whatever stupid **** y'all cared about but now I as a casual listener cannot express the fact that I don't wanna hear no ******* banjos no matter who singing it. Stans are so…. Funny!!!

Huh? 

We're just trying to understand why her recording Act 2 first negatively impacts you enjoying Renaissance and seeing her live ddddd :deadbanana2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Negiiiii

• Kristie Kuwa

4 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

So as a casual listener I had to put up with y'all bitching and whining about lack of visuals and whatever stupid **** y'all cared about but now I as a casual listener cannot express the fact that I don't wanna hear no ******* banjos no matter who singing it. Stans are so…. Funny!!!

But that wasn't what you said. You said that now you know this album was recorded before Renaissance, you're jumping ship from the era. Regardless of when it was recorded, it was country music. So is it the knowledge of the album recording order or the fact that it's country music that is making you 'jump ship' from the era? Because none of this is making much sense...

41 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

The way this annoys me as a casual listener who really enjoyed Renaissance  and went to see her live cause of it :deadbanana2: Whatever 

Huh? lol 

47 minutes ago, Trip said:

so will there be a standard vinyl/cd?

If there is, I hope they don't ship them out to retailers until after the digital release. We don't need a renaissance repeat. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, KingB® said:

They will not DISRESPECT Ren under my watch.

34 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

The random meltdown :deadbanana2:

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

The wonderful thing about places like this is that there is room for ALL of that. Partake in what you like, skip what you don't. 

The thing about Beyonce's music for me is that I don't live her life when I listen, I apply it to my life, my situation, and somehow I always relate to what she puts out.  I appreciate her expression of herself through her music, but I listen through my situation.  Lemonade to me wasn't about her life with infidelity, it was about some important struggles I was having, and the empowerment she had was how I felt about myself.  I'll never forget the way I actually felt euphoric listening to All Night as loud as I could handle.  That song still makes me feel a certain type of way. 

Say that to some other fandoms. They only See the lives from the artists and Not their own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toxicgenie said:

Interesting, so whoever is featured recorded their part back then too.

What If Kacey is on it :jonny5:

Edited by queenoftheclouds

1 hour ago, Frappucino said:

The way this annoys me as a casual listener who really enjoyed Renaissance  and went to see her live cause of it :deadbanana2: Whatever 

This meltdown makes absolutely no sense 

• Haha 11

Renaissance was great choice for the first act. Its fun, upbeat, sonically trendy to the time in music + she needed more groovy music after the seriousness of TG, Lemonade, and ST. 

• Like 3

i think people here something like this and then take it beyond literal or fill in the cracks of ambiguity with their own ideas , but really this could mean that the concept, sound, and rough demos of the songs were completed first and knowing Beyoncé i would imagine she's been tweaking with the production for a while. she's also probably asked multiple artists to come up with ideas for features and took her time deciding who belongs on what. the idea of her having an album sitting on a shelf completely done and collecting dust for 5 years doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, qurl said:

i think people here something like this and then take it beyond literal or fill in the cracks of ambiguity with their own ideas , but really this could mean that the concept, sound, and rough demos of the songs were completed first and knowing Beyoncé i would imagine she's been tweaking with the production for a while. she's also probably asked multiple artists to come up with ideas for features and took her time deciding who belongs on what. the idea of her having an album sitting on a shelf completely done and collecting dust for 5 years doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Isn't there a full Album before 4 was Made that never saw the light of day?

That idiot user in here :skull:

2 hours ago, Frappucino said:

Sir, I think you're a bit dumb…

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

What? Can someone explain wow I want details

which means act 2 will be stale and dated on arrival?

• Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, Negiiiii said:

What? Can someone explain wow I want details

It's all but confirmed (by Beyoncé at least) that Beyoncé was working on a Fela Kuti inspired album pre-4. We don't know if it's a full album cause of how Beyoncé works, but there's probably a lot of music from that period. We can see some of inspiration seeped into 4 though. (End of Time is certainly a result of that period or at least reminiscent of it) 

28 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

i don't remember hearing that but would believe it. i find that to be different tho cuz it obviously wasn't up to par to being released, and Cowboy Carter indeed is getting a release. i'd also imagine that if there was ever a point in time Beyoncé had a collection of songs in an album context, she probably went back and used threads of some of those tracks for music that was eventually released. kinda like how one of those producers for renaissance said Thique (i believe it was) was a song like 10 years in the making.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

there's many of albums she scrapped. as it was explained above, before 4 happened, she worked on a Fela Kuti inspired album. before Self-Titled was made, she worked on an album that would have a sound of Grown Woman, Standing On The Sun, Pretty Hurts (probably), XO, Donk, Wake Up. if i'm not mistaken, I Am... Sasha Fierce was supposed to sound more electronic with tracks produced by Freemasons, so it would probably lean more on the side of Sweet Dreams and Control. who knows what else she worked on

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 1

I'd love her to tour again next year :weeps: 

I don't know how artists wait so long when they have music ready

1 hour ago, qurl said:

Didnt she say on the RWT movie she sat on Rennie and played it and tweaked it for a whole year before she was happy with it and considered it ready to be released?

She's too much of a perfectionist she's not gonna rush to release a bunch of songs she just recorded before she analyses every aspect of it and feels ready. I dont know why everyone is being weird about this. I mean we know how she works. Jay-z said they were recording Everything Is Love way back in 2014/15 and she then started getting further along with Lemonade so she finished that first.

This is how she works. She doesnt realese music as a hobbie, as contractual obligation or as an excuse to tour. This is serious for her. She's not gonna release an album she doesnt believe 100% in

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

Of course, the tracking might be off. But, at the moment, there's nothing to suggest that's the case. 

Again, working with the data available, 150k-200k or thereabout isn't that far-fetched. 

She's sold an estimated 47k vinyls so far. The CD boxes are said to be selling slowly too. But, for convo sake, let's say that's another 20k

She did 120k streaming units first week with Rennie. Let's say her heightened streaming profile gives her 140k this time as a conservative estimate. 

That totals just over 200k. Not the worst, but an underperformance and an unnecessary one at. 

I'd gladly take it on the chin if it were a surprise release or if the market is bad or if she did all she could. But doing anything in the ballpark above will be annoying because it literally did not need to happen. She's had weeks and weeks to benefit from hype buys.

Beyoncé is not selling only 200k first week. 150k is laughable to suggest. Some of you have tunnel vision with these vinyl sale numbers. 

• Like 1

Her vault must be insane but the fact that she's so dedicated that what she puts out is only the best of the best and when it's ready, no rush is INSANE

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.