Wicked | Cynthia Erivo & Ariana Grande | Trailer out now

Azulito

THE SETS :jonny5: THE LOOKS :jonny5: I SMELL OSCARS!!!

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristocrat

• Lovett

• Gerardo

• mxoonlight

4 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

this looks like a snl parody album cover :rip:

idk how to feel tbh, she gave up her whole career to film this and well, it’s giving generic ngl.

it’s directed by Jon M Chu, what did you expect sis 

• Like 1

Just now, TaylorNation said:

this is why I also think it’s back to being one single movie, this wouldn’t happen until part two if they went that route 

Came here to say this, I don’t know the storyline that well, but I’ve heard Dorothy doesn’t appear o isn’t referenced until almost the ending, I don’t get why would they show this now unless it’ll only be one movie :celestial5:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, choerry said:

I don’t think they’re going back to a singular film, but more so that they’re avoiding marketing it that way because you’re asking for a large time investment for a NEW IP.

Agree, this one is Wicked, the second can be Wicked: Part Two or whatever. But I’m lowkey hoping it’s just one movie :bibliahh: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poxy said:

I know it’s only a teaser, but I wonder if they’re gonna intentionally hide the musical numbers from future trailers 

I think it’s cause it’s just a teaser, putting a big chunk of a song would take most of the time (since they only had one minute), I think they could use “No one mourns the wicked” on future trailers 

Edited by Gerardo

It actually looks pretty cute! Better than I expected, for sure!

That Xtina-esque screech at the end of the trailer took me out though :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The budget is budget-ing :clap3:

if they saw that oppenheimer was a smash on a 3 hour runtime and decided to edit it down to one movie it could work 

The VF photoshoot was serving CW (derogatory) but the teaser isn't too bad.

• Haha 2

It’s giving lesser Wonka and might also get shut out at the Oscars like that did. 

The people transparently carrying stan wars over into this :skull:

cats really bruised some egos :gaycat1:

Edited by ImpressMeMuch
  • Like 1

Cool. We won't be watching :heart2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Where’s SpongeBob? 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

Came here to say this, I don’t know the storyline that well, but I’ve heard Dorothy doesn’t appear o isn’t referenced until almost the ending, I don’t get why would they show this now unless it’ll only be one movie :celestial5:

To give football fans a reference as to wtf the movie is about. Movie trailers show footage not in the actual movie ALL the time. It’s marketing. 

2 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

if they saw that oppenheimer was a smash on a 3 hour runtime and decided to edit it down to one movie it could work 

Go look at the runtime for some of the highest grossing movies of all time. Oppenheimer didn’t invent box office 

• Haha 1

That Vanity Fair photo is a MESS, but I thought the actual trailer looked really good :jonny: 

Why are they showing stuff in the trailer that should technically be in Part 2 though? :rip: 

Edited by BODERLINE

5 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

I think it’s cause it’s just a teaser, putting a big chunk of a song would take most of the time (since they only had one minute), I think they could use “No one mourns the wicked” on future trailers 

Here’s hoping! :giraffe: 

IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE 

can’t believe some ppl here are saying it is cheap looking but then again i’m in atrl so i should’ve known y’all don’t like anything over here 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

“We didn’t want to end up making one four-hour movie and then cutting out songs. We want to satisfy the fans of the musical,” says Platt. “Film allows you to create a place and a time—a university like Shiz, an extraordinary Emerald City governor’s mansion. There’s so much more to explore.”

This is from the Vanity Fair article, it’s indeed two films 

https://t.co/egWgegifEW

A public appearance already, oh the promo :jonny6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.