• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristocrat

• Lovett

• Gerardo

• mxoonlight

2 hours ago, concubine said:

I'm genuinely scared chile. No art direction, no charm, no personality no nothing

"No Art Direction, No Charm, No Personality" - Jon Chu giving his vision in the first Wicked production meeting :biblionny:

32 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

It’s becoming the norm to not market musicals as musicals, Wonka also hid that in its trailers 

I didn’t know Wonka was a musical. :dies:

1 hour ago, MatiRod said:

It’s becoming the norm to not market musicals as musicals, Wonka also hid that in its trailers 

people know Wonka is a musical though

2 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I didn’t know Wonka was a musical. :dies:

Did u not watch Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory starring Gene Wilder?

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Did u not watch Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory starring Gene Wilder?

My young ass was not watching that movie as a musical. :skull: 

18 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

don't worry, this isn't going to bomb anywhere nearly as hard as your post did 

My post was a smash. Got more of a reaction than I anticipated, even. 

As of this moment, your flop post has one user laughing at you. What you call that?

2 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

As of this moment, your flop post has one user laughing at you. What you call that?

this cringe ass response :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BMURDA617 said:

Ya'll we have no idea what the storytelling narrative will be. They very well may open the film with Dorothy & co. w/ Elphaba and then flash back.

I'd actually be here for an in media res opening of Dorothy and gang seeing the Wiz, and then flashback.

but I think the "first look" was a first look at both films technically. and an upcoming trailer will just be for Wicked: Part 1

Watched Grace Randolph’s and some others film channels’ reactions on YT and most people liked it a lot, only people on film twitter are being negative but those h*es never like anything, can’t wait for the next trailer :jonny6:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

guards… (sad and concerned version)

• Thanks 1

The production & physical sets are so incredible:jonny6:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

People who aren’t liking it made up their mind even before they saw the trailer:ducky:

And they saw film Twitter criticizing the CGI so are using that as an excuse :rip:

Im surprised at people saying they don’t look like college alumni, because neither Idina or Kristen particularly looked 20 when they did it and there was never a problem there :celestial5:

plus it’s a movie with flying monkies and talking animals…. It’s not suppose to make more sense :redface:

• Like 4

So many comments about this movie mentioning Ariana's homewrecking.

What a PR disaster.

The movie itself looks pretty good though.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I think it looks fun and it's got a great cast. I'm watching!

Where does one go to read the synopsis of this musical? Is it like oz the great and powerful? Is Michelle Yeoh the vilain ? 

11 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

Where does one go to read the synopsis of this musical? Is it like oz the great and powerful? Is Michelle Yeoh the vilain ? 

Yeah it’s similar like the Sam Raimi movie “Oz: The Great and The Powerful”, but with music 

Kinda spoiler:

Spoiler

I don’t know the story that well, but yeah Michelle Yeoh’s character “Madame Morrible” is one of the villains, but The Wizard of Oz is THE main villain 

There’s many discussion about who the “real villain” is, some people say it’s the wizard, some people say is Madame Morrible, some people say Glinda, even Elphabas sister, you could say they all are “villains”, while Elphaba is the protagonist

An actual Wicked fan could correct me tho, but that’s what I got from the story:kitty:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

Yeah it’s similar like the Sam Raimi movie “Oz: The Great and The Powerful”, but with music 

Kinda spoiler:

Hide contents

I don’t know the story that well, but yeah Michelle Yeoh’s character “Madame Morrible” is one of the villains, but The Wizard of Oz is THE main villain 

There’s many discussion about who the “real villain” is, some people say it’s the wizard, some people say is Madame Morrible, some people say Glinda, even Elphabas sister, you could say they all are “villains”, while Elphaba is the protagonist

An actual Wicked fan could correct me tho, but that’s what I got from the story:kitty:

Thank you 💕💕

concubine
16 hours ago, Tm4074 said:

Kristin and Idina were in their 30s when Wicked premiered on Broadway. 

Key word is broadway where you are being watched from meters away vs having all your pores filmed with 8k camera

16 hours ago, Gaia said:

She looks terrible idk if it’s the make up and costume and design or what 

Maybe but it could just be years of modifying her face, it's not translating well to the big screen she looks uncanny to me :(

“all I could see is ariana not glinda :dancehall:”  

literally anytime i watch a movie with an a-list actor i feel this way, with like every actor

kristen’s take on glinda was exactly that… a kristen chenoweth performance and an unapologetic one at that

ariana’s doing her own take and i love the choices she’s making so far, like there’s already a bit of range in the short clips that are shown 

Why does this have so many dislikes on youtube I thought it was nice:rip: Is there a controversy I missed because it's serving little mermaid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.