• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Bad Wolf

• Kanes

• Goaty

• Pop Fan

I don’t think she is overrated but it does bother me that other female artists do not get the same hype for their albums as she does. She works very hard and releases very frequently (more than 90 % of our faves) but it’s a little disappointing that she’s constantly the talk of the town and the main event while the other girls are left behind. Ariana, Dua, Olivia etc deserve the same kind of hype

She is still underrated actually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Achilles. said:

She is still underrated actually. 

Thank you showcasing the severe delusion that Swifties possess.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

let me preface this by saying whatever comes to the top, there will be a minority screaming, 'This x y z is overrated'; it just comes with exposure, even if the person is the most talented person in the world. at the end of the way music is subjective, we all have different things that strikes our fancy.

second, I have to correct you, there's are plenty of women like her; they didn't find success as Taylor because success contains luck, funds, consistency, and timing. you were right when you said she was safe and politically correct at a time when that characteristic was popular.

third, i personally as big pop fanatic find her boring. i never listen to her more than once with exception of songs: the man, karma, antihero. i would add songs with bon iver and you need to calm down are good. all these songs still dont make up for one album. 

shes below average singer, below average dancer, needed plastic surgery to look 'marketable', writes decent (nothing janis joplin level)

living in America, I learned she's listened to and promoted because she's an 'equation' of 'whiteness', so minorities and white people that want to feel 'white superiority' support her and Maga. also asians that feel white = better support her like crazy.

i am white and american, but moved to usa 7 years ago if that is important. I did not understand her popularity either till I moved here.

overall i think shes one of the good ones that were catapulted in 'mainstream', cause a lot of times people with less talent are (see katy perry in 2009,  britney in 2000).

• Thanks 1

Yes, post MIDnights.

Edited by flashfox

9 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

:bibliahh:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=TAYLOR+SWIFT+REVIEW

Where are Taylor's very diverse fanbase discussing her exactly?

Sis the types of people who get tickets to her tour or post review videos on YouTube do not reflect the demographics as a whole just because that’s what you’re personally presented with. :rip: 

the fact that your immediate reaction to being presented with stats that contradict your perception of her fan base is to suspiciously disregard it (without having even looked at it!) tells me all I need to know about the extent to which you’re approaching this topic in good faith - which is to say, not at all. :suburban:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, almanac said:

Girl, what is these YouTube search results supposed to mean? :deadbanana:

You do realize that if you search "LADY GAGA REVIEW" loads of white people will show up, right?

I'm showing you a queued search of real people, content creators discussing her album or tour. The overwhelming majority are white. I saw about 3 non-white creators, one being Candace Owens, another is Ajay who reviews all thing pop culture/stan related.

But keep trying to convince somebody.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goaty said:

Sis the types of people who get tickets to her tour or post review videos on YouTube do not reflect the demographics as a whole just because that’s what you’re personally presented with. :rip: 

the fact that your immediate reaction to being presented with stats that contradict your perception of her fan base is to suspiciously disregard it (without having even looked at it!) tells me all I need to know about the extent to which you’re approaching this topic in good faith - which is to say, not at all. :suburban:

She has received massive exposure - of course non-white people are going to consume or interact. That doesn't mean they are the ones behind user comments calling her better than Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston.....etc. The majority of Taylor Swift STANS, are white women and girls. There's nothing wrong with that though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She still feels like an underdog to be honest, 90% of Her pairs hate Her, ATRL hates Her, (american)football fans hate Her, black Twitter haters Her and now TikTok....

1 minute ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I'm showing you a queued search of real people, content creators discussing her album or tour. The overwhelming majority are white. I saw about 3 non-white creators, one being Candace Owens, another is Ajay who reviews all thing pop culture/stan related.

But keep trying to convince somebody.

Convince of... what exactly? :toofunny3:

You're here dismissing studies because you personally don't like the results.

1 minute ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

She has received massive exposure - of course non-white people are going to consume or interact. That doesn't mean they are the ones behind user comments calling her better than Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston.....etc. The majority of Taylor Swift STANS, are white women and girls. There's nothing wrong with that though!

Who is talking about demographics of her stans?? :deadbanana: I merely responded to your assertion about white women being the driving force behind her dominance, which is factually not true. Who gives a **** about the demographics of her stans 

Yes. Mainly by critics who are terrified of her rabid, terminally online fanbase and keep giving her inflated scores.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

iving in America, I learned she's listened to and promoted because she's an 'equation' of 'whiteness', so minorities and white people that want to feel 'white superiority' support her and Maga. also asians that feel white = better support her like crazy.

Wake this tea up! It's so obvious that this is why she is being heralded as "the greatest living songwriter" of our time. She appeals to and pushes the narrative of....white people, and the white race as a collective. 

2 minutes ago, almanac said:

Convince of... what exactly? :toofunny3:

You're here dismissing studies because you personally don't like the results.

Plenty of studies are conducted to push certain narratives all the time :bibliahh: Why did someone think to conduct a study to convince us that non-white people are as obsessed with her as white people are? 

2 minutes ago, Goaty said:

I merely responded to your assertion about white women being the driving force behind her dominance, which is factually not true.

And I disagree. I disagree with the study and its validity, and I disagree with you. Move!

• Thumbs Down 1

Yeah. She’s a bad vocalist and dancer.

Songwriting is a cute talent, but doesn’t do it for me without some vocals.

6 minutes ago, mael said:

She still feels like an underdog to be honest, 90% of Her pairs hate Her, ATRL hates Her, (american)football fans hate Her, black Twitter haters Her and now TikTok....

But a couple of users told me Taylor Swift has a very diverse fanbase who adore her and are the driving forces behind her unattainable success and exposure? This doesn't add up with that narrative!

• Thumbs Down 2

It's really funny how people like OP search for validation on here so much just because the real world doesn't agree with their views.

Idg the obsession with wanting everyone to find her "overrated" like they do.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

But a couple of users told me Taylor Swift has a very diverse fanbase who adore her and are the driving forces behind her unattainable success and exposure? This doesn't add up with that narrative!

She does have a diverse fanbase though if you include the rest of the world.... I was being sarcastic with that comment if you didn't catch on, I'm sorry. ): Anyways, you asked if you She was overrated, no I think She is very underrated. 

Just now, anastaciabby said:

It's really funny how people like OP search for validation on here so much just because the real world doesn't agree with their views.

Idg the obsession with wanting everyone to find her "overrated" like they do.  

Baby girl, I don't have to search for validation. I don't know a single person in real life who is obsessed with this woman or who has even attended an Eras concert but I don't hang around too many white people to begin with.

• Haha 3

taylor swift the debut album is definitely overrated, can't wait for the tv

Just now, Big Bad Wolf said:

Baby girl, I don't have to search for validation. I don't know a single person in real life who is obsessed with this woman or who has even attended an Eras concert but I don't hang around too many white people to begin with.

"I don't know one so there can't be any in the entire world" now that is an immature take.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mael said:

She does have a diverse fanbase though if you include the rest of the world.... I was being sarcastic with that comment if you didn't catch on, I'm sorry. ): Anyways, you asked if you She was overrated, no I think She is very underrated. 

And I'm sorry, but people in developing countries like Brazil who stan anyone from Celine to Demi is not indicative of anything.

Let's keep it HOME. In America, do you really believe non-white people are the driving force behind Taylor's success, dear?

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.