• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Bad Wolf

• Kanes

• Goaty

• Pop Fan

In my opinion neither her music nor the person I believe she is should have given her this kind of success, so yes.

• Thanks 1

She is. Her music is not even that good. She’s mediocre at best. Her success doesn’t equate the talent she has. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

No she is not. She is an incredible artist. If she sang songs with ridiculous lyrics about partying and sex over chaotic beats the majority of people here would be cheering her on.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 hour ago, grAntVRIL said:

not really cus i still couldnt find any best popstars nowadays

I'm not a huge Dua Lipa fan but she's 100 times better than Taylor Swift. Put out bops, always makes sure to put on a spectacle and always keeps it low key instead of constantly promoting her personal life and constantly playing the victim, when she's a massively privileged, rich celebrity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No she is not. Her songwriting is amazing, sure her voice is average but the way she connects with her fans is on another level. 

This has translated into her having the second biggest peak for a woman in the 21st century and will eventually be the 2nd biggest female superstar in history. 

She’s a legend already like Beyonce and Adele.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is water wet? 

She absolutely is overrated! 

Specially when you take in account that she can't sing, she can't dance, she doesn't command a stage nor can she perform.

She's not desirable like a Rihanna, Beyonce or even like Britney in her prime and girls don't want to be like her.

Her best talent is songwriting and even that is mid at best and not anything to write home about.

She has benefited a great deal from her complexion.  We all know that if TS was a Black or Latina woman she wouldn't have half of the success that she garners and that's a FACT.

Pretending that racism doesn't exist in music would be silly to think. Racism is in everywhere and as a Black or POC, we cant escape it. Should we stop talking about racism because it makes U uncomfortable? 

That's why I loved Aretha Franklin because she kept it 💯 and didn't GAF the politics in music. If she didn't see it she didn't SEE it. 😅

aretha-franklin-beautiful-gowns.gif

EDIT - Apparently I got a WP for this post 🙃🙃🙃

The OP asked a question & I gave my honest opinion 🤷🏾‍♂️ I didn't break any rules so I'm baffled why I got a WP?

I see admin & The mods are still letting butt hurt fans abuse the report button.  

Something needs to be done because U shouldn't be able to report a member because U wasn't praising your fav.   People should be able to give honest opinions without some derange fan reporting U because they didn't like what U said about someone that they don't even know & have no idea they even exist LoL

Edited by TheBlackBarbie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

imagine how tired we are

She truly is a like a dick, people just can’t keep her out of their mouths. :gaycat7:

• Haha 3

I dont think she is.

Sure she has a few boring albums but every album she's dropped has been unique and different. 

How is this even a contentious poll? 

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Dephira said:

Americans stop being obsessed with race for one second challenge (impossible)

For real. 

Oh dios mio.....I'm Afro-Latino and this **** drives me insane sometimes. 

For those saying that Taylor's audience is too White or not diverse enough, can you name me pop stars today who have a universal audience?

Cause I know tons of straights of all races who literally brag about hating Beyonce's music. 

Yes,I went to Eras Tour, it was mediocre , she only walks and thats it

So you only deserve success by "pushing boundaries" and being controversial?

Anyways, it's better to be called overrated (success is too big for an individual) than underrated (success is too small for an individual)

:gaylorcat2:

On 2/9/2024 at 10:08 PM, Jay07 said:

I think she has spoken to a generation of white girls who also make whining about their ex their entire personality. The gays are just there for the success, as soon as she flops they will jump ship (see Katy Perry).

I guess we'll see when she flops. Hope we'll still be alive to discuss when that happens, because so far haters have been waiting for almost 2 decades and she's the #1 artist in the world by the most comfortable margin an artist could possibly be #1 with.

To answer the topic, i guess it's a matter of opinion. Fans will say she's fairly rated, and pressed haters will continue to say she's overrated as they spend yet another year fuming that their faves could never

• Like 1

A lot of atrlers are bey fans its clear... beyonce is overrated thousands of amerie ashanti ciara could have been her if they had the same push...as for taylor she is a musician and an artist that actually creates her art.. beyonce pushes what the ordeal that her race endures. Good for her but taylor is something special. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 2/10/2024 at 6:23 AM, Big Bad Wolf said:

But The Beatles actually have some great music. I cannot say the same for Taylor, she is good for a lil Disneyesque pop number and that's it.

Surprise,  surprise.  Both surviving members of The Beatles are fans of Taylor Swift. 
McCartney has said that “Who Cares,” a track from his 2018 solo album Egypt Station, was actually inspired by Swift and the fan connection she has.

As for her "Disneyesque pop number",  various universities in the US (e.g., Harvard, Stanford), and even from the rest of the world (e.g., Ghent Unversity in Belgium) are offering courses on her songwriting.  

Edited by Dragonbeast
  • Thanks 1

Yes, and?

She's a good artist, but she is massively overrated obviously.

Just like most A-list pop stars who have been A-list for years.

Anyone that reaches this level of success is overrated let’s be real.

On 2/10/2024 at 4:01 AM, illicit affairs said:

No she is not. She is an incredible artist. If she sang songs with ridiculous lyrics about partying and sex over chaotic beats the majority of people here would be cheering her on.

Yes, or if she started parading herself around like a prostitute people would be like “yaaaas queen”. 

there’s a reason why Taylor gets the music academy’s respect and their favs don’t.

Why do people always ignore the fact that Taylor has huge global appeal especially in south east asian countries

I think so, yes, but i respect her hustle and whenever i know a Swiftie personally and they start to brag about her "superior writting talent" (trust me it always happen) i just nod my head and smile. Can't hate her.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.