Vampire Weekend - 'Only God Was Above Us'

Raspberries

Capricorn is SO GOOD :jonny4:

my brother's best friend directed the music video for it and he killed it methinks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoeAg

• Revolution

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Chemist

new single is cute, I love the dissonance and discord they’re embracing this era

Capricorn is still easily my fav of the singles :heart2: it’s one of their all-time best songs, like top 10 material 

this album is gonna be WAY better than Father of the Snooze

loved the double single they put out in February, this new song also sounds really good! Hyped!!

3 for 3, I have really high hopes for this album. Could be a... classic.

New song "Classical" is very good. I see them sweep all the Rock/Alternative Grammys next year. All the singles so far are amazing

• 2 weeks later...

All four singles have been amazing so far :clap3: they are coming for blood this era

Mery Boone is glorious, they really are 4/4 on this one. So excited :alexz:

their best record

I have the album on repeat. :jonny6: It's so freaking good. "Hope" is a great closer and "The Surfer" reminds me of Mac DeMarco.

This is my first vampire album experience and I must say this is great :rainbow:

8.6/10 + BNM from Pitchfork = We are sooo back

Omg can't wait to listen tomorrow. 

P4k back on board :clap3: 

Less than 24 hours till AOTY is out

The BNA review and everyone whose listened to the leak loving the album... I'm sooooooooooooo stoked

• Like 1

the album was fantastic

Excellent record! Maybe their best ever which is just insane! There's not a bad song on this album. Standout tracks for me have to be Connect and Hope.

Hope is a SONG

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952gnm2lepxirrk01pqgzf

Does not feel like 8 minutes AT ALL

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952gnm2lepxirrk01pqgzf

Okay. They ate. I love that this album feels a bit like... an intentional mashup of (at least) their first 3 albums? Seeing them live (for a RARE matinee show like going to a concert at noon and having the rest of the day to laze at home? okayyyyyyyyy) will definitely elevate this even more too, I'm sure of it.

The way people were like "they suck now that Rostam is gone!" and Ezra said "***** you thought"

2 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Okay. They ate. I love that this album feels a bit like... an intentional mashup of (at least) their first 3 albums? Seeing them live (for a RARE matinee show like going to a concert at noon and having the rest of the day to laze at home? okayyyyyyyyy) will definitely elevate this even more too, I'm sure of it.

The way people were like "they suck now that Rostam is gone!" and Ezra said "***** you thought"

that part :clap3:

this is my first first listen of the night! I'm on the second track and it's very much feeling like a more chaotic Modern Vampires of the City vibe :heart: Capricorn was easily my fav of the prerelease singles 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.