Lana Del Rey - 'Lasso'

NoOneDiesFromLove

Pissed off that she’s still working with Jack, ugh. But I loved Chemtrails over the Country Club and this album will probably be in the same vein. The title is iconic too. I’m excited.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stjosephprey4us

• NOW

• CottageHore

• VeniceBeach

We want her to serve us her Right where you left mes.

• Like 1

ou when she's in her Looking for America bag here :jonnycat:

Edited by WildAmerican

This is also not Jack's first rodeo in making country music...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CottageHore said:

If it’s excellence, I hope it’ll be like more dark and sad country music that details raw emotion and heartbreak. But if it’s that more whimsical, positive stuff like from COTCC, it’ll be probably be mid at first. 

I am looking forward to the writing and the melodies

And that beautiful voice :heart2:

A few tracks with sparse records like NATWWAL would be lovely tbh

Hey Blue Baby, put the Hank Williams on

spacer.png

• Like 2

also I hope we get a bit of Wild At Heart too; that was a good take on a country-ish direction.

• Thanks 1

A Morgan collab is guaranteed 

:clack:

8 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Hawt 

She officially signed off at the end of Did You Know, the Lana Del Rey we know is gone. She was always headed this route, so I’m not surprised.

”Lasso” is a pretty album title, she better serve for the cover. She will do the country sound in her own special way and deliver great music as always. Over the years I’ve learned to never doubt her albums so I’m excited for whatever she does.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Cover this queen 

• Like 1

How much more must we take of this abuse:gaycat7:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think if done right she can really pull this off. Her cover of Stand By Your Man on tour was great. I’m optimistic because she hasn’t let me down yet but I hope this is a one off kind of thing. 

There were photos of her and Dolly Parton online a few days ago as well. I swear if they sing together I’m gonna lose it. 

Edited by ryanmj1993

8 hours ago, NOW said:

You know what...I think this black dress might be a theme for the album.

GFRVgY6XgAARFnD?format=jpg&name=medium

Well, I hope the aesthetic and tone of the whole thing is dark like this at least, and her take on "country" is more like Dark But Just A Game, or even Wild At Heart.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

9 hours ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

We need her to change the title stat

She will do, she’ll announce that it stands for Lana’s American Standard Songs and Others or something ridiculous. The date will also move. It’s RCS all over again. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

Her next Top 5 on the Hot 100 since SOTB is coming then

Lana going country, Gaga going rock. What's next for the gays? Renaissance Part 2 being a christian pop record?

I hope it's more Americana/Alt-Country like this masterpiece

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

Zach Bryan is more likely. He idolizes her and she follows him on IG

• Like 1

can't wait for this, her last county cover was absolutely amazing

2 hours ago, Chemist said:

I hope it's more Americana/Alt-Country like this masterpiece

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

Oh, this would be mindblowing. I'm dreaming for her to be inspired by Angel Olsen, either this sound or her more jazzy cuts like this otherwordly masterpiece.

The thing that makes Lana special is exactly this. We all loved the sound of BTD and then she went further left with UV and embraced a grungy, organic rock sound. At first we were all like “wtf is this?” but with time we realized how good it was. Same with NFR. A huge sonic shift that ended up being the best shift of her career. Then with COTCC we were all whining about how boring the production was but over time most of us learned to appreciate the understated beauty of it. Then with Tunnel and songs like Fingertips, A&W, Peppers, etc. it left many of us thinking the track listing was messy. But a year later we all see the vision and appreciate the album for what it is.

This will be the same ****. Of course we’re not excited about a country album from an artist like Lana and yet in 2 years time we’ll all understand why she went this route and we’ll all have a fond appreciation for the album, no matter what it is.

This happens every time. Lana is so interesting and engaging BECAUSE she does what she wants and has never been afraid to take a left turn, not in spite of this.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.