Conan Gray - 'Found Heaven'

Nefertiti0

The visuals are gorgeous, he is gorgeous. Killing Me is not bad, it sounds just a bit too much like a 80s parody. Winner is boring.

Never Ending Song is not it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Yog

• MusicIsMyMaster

• MaxMartin

Loved 3/4 singles so far! Will be checking this out for sure. šŸ‘Ā 

he's even more bland than Shawn...didn't know it was possibleĀ  :skull:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Raptus said:

he's even more bland than Shawn...didn't know it was possibleĀ  :skull:

he's like the male SabrinaĀ :rip:

1 minute ago, ugo said:

he's like the male SabrinaĀ :rip:

Well, at least she served high camp that one time withĀ  "jesus was a carpenter" :gaycat2: Conan was/is just meh all the time

The 80s drag is confusing. Not really sure of his intended aesthetic and vision. At one point, it's male coquette indie bedroom pop, then the next it's almost Boy George drag.

Ā 

His hostility towards being associated with queerness and using same sex lyrics in his songs make the references even more confusing. A queer man or nonbinary person referencing queer-tinged 80s music and visuals would be a slay but I literally don't know how to consume his work as intended despite the last 2 songs being bops.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

The 80s drag is confusing. Not really sure of his intended aesthetic and vision. At one point, it's male coquette indie bedroom pop, then the next it's almost Boy George drag.

Ā 

His hostility towards being associated with queerness and using same sex lyrics in his songs make the references even more confusing. A queer man or nonbinary person referencing queer-tinged 80s music and visuals would be a slay but I literally don't know how to consume his work as intended despite the last 2 songs being bops.

You've perfectly articulated my relationship with Conan and his music. I love the new single, but what universe or culture is he building around these projects other than ones of speculation and confusion?Ā Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 11:32 PM, Communion said:

Ā 

You should be more focused on streaming Ariana single, since it's freefalling everywhereĀ  :gaycat2:

Just now, Raptus said:

You should be more focused on streaming Ariana single, since it's freefalling everywhereĀ  :gaycat2:

Foo57IPWIAE1NDt.jpg:large

Ā 

He shouldnā€™t give other musicians idea that itā€™s okay to make music like this.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

wait these songs are bopsĀ 

Ā 

hold awn now

Ā 

his voice is deeper now

Ā 

wait when did this ***** become a muscle daddyĀ 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ā 

Ā 

This song is like if Vampire + Angels Like You had a baby. Definitely underrated.

On 2/8/2024 at 6:02 AM, LoveInStereo said:

Idk if it's just me but Lonely Dancers sounds so derivative of Safety Dance that it feels redundant. It's not fresh or exciting, feels v played out

This has been my feeling about all of his singles so far. They're like fanboy versions of other classic artists with really distinctive sounds, to the point that it has washed out all of his personality for me.Ā 

1 hour ago, wish said:

Ā 

This song is like if Vampire + Angels Like You had a baby. Definitely underrated.

Yes.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

really excited to hear this tomorrow!!

Ā 

Only 4 songs over 3 minutes?

• Thanks 1

the music is actually pretty good. definitely ripping a page from the 80s but as someone who loves the aesthetic of that 80s alt/pop i'm here for it 100%.

some of the songs don't hit for me so far like Winner but so far enjoying it.

Fainted LoveĀ :jonny6:

This album is an literal 80's pop album, wow this production is fantasticĀ :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.