Kacey Musgraves - 'Deeper Well'

AnonnonA

On 3/23/2024 at 12:30 PM, monologueNacafe said:

Not sure why this isn't in the 90s on metacritic

critics don't understand Kacey. worms for brains.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnonnonA

• monologueNacafe

• GoodThings

• CottageHore

Finally got around to listening to this. I think people who were unsatisfied with Star Crossed as the follow up to Golden Hour will feel vindicated by this, parts of it feel very Golden Hour-coded

Highlights on a first listen were Cardinal and Jade Green, though this album is definitely a grower for sure

Doesn't really sound like country though, sounds more like folk. But I like it and I can tell this will stick with me over time as I grow to love it, well done Kacey

• Like 1

Very folk-ish. "Cardinal" is so good.

Tuned into the album last night, and this is sooo good. Very folky country-pop, exactly what I wanted from her as a follow up to Star-Crossed. Need to listen to it again to write a thorough review.

She knows this is her goddamn magnum opus, don't play with her

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sounds blasphemous but I'm loving this more than GH now 

• Thanks 4

Too Good To Be True sounds so much more beautiful in the context of the album it might even be one of my fav Kacey songs now:jonny5:

1 hour ago, Pink Whitney said:

Too Good To Be True sounds so much more beautiful in the context of the album it might even be one of my fav Kacey songs now:jonny5:

That "made some breakfast made some love" part is so catchy

• Like 1

the more listens, the better it gets. Remind me my experience with folklore, the whole album sound samey at 1st but when you get used to the melody and knows most of the lyrics, they will keep getting better and better.

These songs are so well-made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm already at 513 individual song listens from DW while I'm only at 1100 for GH :rip:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, monologueNacafe said:

I'm already at 513 individual song listens from DW while I'm only at 1100 for GH :rip:

To be fair, i don't think last DK caught all of my GH streams 

why is anime eyes her best song ever? i cried a lil bit listening to it for the first time

1. Lonely Millionaire

2. Dinner w/ Friends

3. Cardinal

4. Sway

5. Too Good to Be True

6. Jade Green

7. Deeper Well

8. The Architect

9. Heaven Is

10. Giver/Taker

11. Heart of the Woods

12. Anime Eyes

13. Nothing to be Scared Of

14. Moving Out

My current ranking....Top 8 was pretty hard ngl

I'm a lot late to this since work has been crazy lately, but I'm listening now - currently on Dinner With Friends.

Many points have been made and I fear she's going to make many more before I'm done :clap3:

I think after many listens my Trilogy are: Giver / Taker, Dinner With Friends & Anime Eyes but it's so damn hard to decide which speaks to the strength of every track on this damn album  :jonny: 

Beautiful album :clap3:

• Like 1

Dinner With Friends might be my SOTY, I absolutely love the writing and melody :heart:

• Like 2

living on the west side and...i think about you often:gaycat7:

• Like 1

this has been on repeat all week, might be my AOTY so far

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roso said:

Dinner With Friends might be my SOTY, I absolutely love the writing and melody :heart:

This is honestly the only track on the album that has really clicked for me and said something insightful about what she found in her supposed Deeper Well-it reminds me thematically of Brad Paisley's Little Moments. The Architect comes close at points but there are some clunkers-what is she comparing to paint on the wall? What is she asking to pray away in the mirror? Idk I love Kacey for her clever wordplay/fresh descriptions of the otherwise mundane, and for me most of this album was just….mundane.  Glad everyone else seems to be finding lots to appreciate though!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mdawg said:

This is honestly the only track on the album that has really clicked for me and said something insightful about what she found in her supposed Deeper Well-it reminds me thematically of Brad Paisley's Little Moments. The Architect comes close at points but there are some clunkers-what is she comparing to paint on the wall? What is she asking to pray away in the mirror? Idk I love Kacey for her clever wordplay/fresh descriptions of the otherwise mundane, and for me most of this album was just….mundane.  Glad everyone else seems to be finding lots to appreciate though!

Double posting but just realized most of the album reminds me of that Twitter person who got to listen early and described Too Good to be True as "about a relationship she hopes isn't too good to be true”—like…oh! spacer.png

14 hours ago, On The Bound said:

living on the west side and...i think about you often:gaycat7:

This song has grown on me so much... It was in the lower end of my favorite tracks and now I just love it! :jonny6:

It's my AOTY y'all… she encapsulates my feelings with this one.

• Like 1

Jade Green is SO good. This album is such a wonderful listen over and over.

• Like 1

With some time passed I can say that this is definitely my favorite album of Kacey. It's such a beautiful spin from start to finish. :chick3:

Edited by Heldenzeit
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.