• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnonnonA

• monologueNacafe

• GoodThings

• CottageHore

12 hours ago, VENUSWAVE said:

she needs to release the OTHER one :jonny5:

I can feel the energy underneath the ground...

No but seriously, what is she waiting for?

This might be her best album. Or the one closest to my sound and vibe. She nailed it / me.

Sway is my instant favorite. Just gorgeous. Other early standouts are Lonely Millionaire, Nothing To Be Scared Of, Dinner With Friends and Moving Out. And TGTBT of course. I actually dislike Anime Eyes, which seems to be a major fan favorite :toofunny2: But anyway, amazing album. I will play it OUT as summer approaches, I know it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wonderland said:

I think this is actually coming for the Grammys :jonny: 

Going to be interesting to see how they categorize it. And obviously with Bey coming in that field too, it def will be an interesting genre to watch next year.

Album of the year for me so far…

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GoodThings said:

if she has another unreleased track that is better/ on the same level as Ruthless :loki: hoping she will release a deluxe version (assuming there are more unreleased tracks from the DW sessions)

Edited by AnonnonA

The Architect is just so good. 

• Like 2

I admit it wasn’t an instant for me but every day I love it more and more. So mature and soothing :heart2: 

Very boring album with an overdone nature/folky concept nowadays to be completely honest. I’m a big fan of her past work, so not a hater, but I’m… wanting more.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

hoping she pulls out more bonus tracks during the week :ryan3:

Nothing to be Scared Of still kind of the best track :heart:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ctlp27 said:

Going to be interesting to see how they categorize it. And obviously with Bey coming in that field too, it def will be an interesting genre to watch next year.

Both will lose against than man Stapleton

This is growing on me :falcon: sorry I doubted you queen Kacey :monkey:

I belong to Team Anime Eyes :heart:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoodThings said:

Out of interest, what are the main differences between the Deeper Well session versions and the released ones? And is the 'other' track closer to Ruthless or the rest of the album?

I think it's so insane how much of a story Kacey's discography kind of tells. Album 1/2 she was a darker, distrusting, depressed girl, who had all that changed when she met Ruston and gave us Golden Hour, which was about letting go and falling in love.

Then we got the divorce album and her falling apart, now we have the album about healing from this divorce and learning to be enough for herself. :cries: 

• Like 3

I dug through my Walmart's vinyl section and found a copy of the exclusive :gaycat1: also got a ticket for her tour in my city, didn't expect to become a fan of ha nnn

love the record, I hated star-crossed but this one ... pure magic

Golden Hour remains superior but this one is really good

Heaven Is hit me so hard today, gals. I was sitting at my desk at work and the lyrics smacked me in the face out of nowhere. :chick3:

Ugh this album is the definition of gorgeous!

the way golden hour actually has NOTHING on this album :jonny6:

• Like 1

Not really sure how much I like this album, I think it'll be a grower. It's just very slow (not that that's a bad thing). Jade Green and Carrinal are gorgeous though.

28 minutes ago, VENUSWAVE said:

the way golden hour actually has NOTHING on this album :jonny6:

GH is one of my favourite albums but the way most songs on DW reduced me to tears is something i've never experienced

Cardinal, Too Good to Be True, Dinner with Friends, The Architect, Heaven Is, Nothing To Be Scared Of and Ruthless are all 10/10 

Sway, The Architect, Heart Of The Woods :chick3:

Serious contender for my most played album of 2024, I believe.

The album keeps getting better and better. The way the album can't be understood on surface level. You've to keep listening and understanding. I watched the AmEx video of Dinner With Friends and it made me understand the album concept and how deep the lyrical content went. It's a meaning of life, and developing a sense of self actualisation. The album has so many layers and when you understand that she didn't want heavy productions to take away from it - then you click with the album and understand its intricate beauty. Damn. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Its no Golden Hour. The lyrics aren't as well thought out or stunning. They are really good lyrics though and the production and the melodies arent that superb either. It can win some grammys but its not AOTY worthy. But i love the holistic and simplicity approach that she adopted for this album. Its straightforward,sincere and honest.I'll give her that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.