Kacey Musgraves - 'Deeper Well'

AnonnonA

This is album of the year, which I did not expect upon hearing the first two singles. But in context of the album, I see the genius of the title track now too. It’s so perfectly understated and sums up the album’s vibe perfectly. :gaycatina1:

• Like 2

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnonnonA

• monologueNacafe

• GoodThings

• CottageHore

Pitchfork was really smoking crack giving this a 6.8.

The second half of this album is literally 10/10 songwriting. 

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

This album is literally made for a sunny day walk but also perfect for a slightly hazy, misty morning walk or a walk after it’s rained and it’s still foggy.

Well DAMN 

:gayriahcat2:

Everyone gagging over Jade Green and Cardinal but the real supermodels on this album are Giver/Taker and Nothing to be Scared of :ghostface:

• Like 2

dinner with friends is SOOOOOOOOO GOOD.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

Dinner with Friends

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsGdCefBjNDDjlBu6hmIi

The way she ate with this one

Dinner With Friends is an instant fav. Very beautiful album, I still think that the title track is one of the strongest cuts here-- cannot state how glad I am that they chose that to be the lead. :clap3:

Sway is a highlight in her career. A masterpiece and I relate to it so much.

• Like 1

I don't listen to this genre/artist very much, should I start here? :chick1:

SHE DID IT AGAIN !!!!!! Brilliant, stunning, never the same, a living young legend!!! I need to hug this woman and thank her for everything she does to my soul :weeps: :heart:

I need to single out my favorite song and for now it's The Architect! :heart2:

4 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

I don't listen to this genre/artist very much, should I start here? :chick1:

Depends on what you think her Genre is? Bcuz most ppl will be quick to put her in the Country box when she's so much more than that - indie, folk, pop,...

Generally "Golden Hour" is considered as her magnum opus, so if you're into acoustic guitar-driven emotional and very well written songs, you should start from that one.

I usually recommend these songs from GH to ppl:

- Love Is A Wild Thing

- Space Cowboy

- Lonely Weekend

- Rainbow

- Slow Burn

as they're the easiest to get into, but the album is a way better experience as a whole and when you're in love :heart:

• Thanks 1

AHHH i'm listening to it, Cardinal is an instant Kacey classique :clap3:

7 minutes ago, Nashe said:

as they're the easiest to get into, but the album is a way better experience as a whole and when you're in love :heart:

i prefer to listen to full albums first so I'll start here and check out GH. Thank you :alexz3:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Pitchfork was really smoking crack giving this a 6.8.

The second half of this album is literally 10/10 songwriting. 

I’ve just seen a 2 star review from FT like… what :rip: 

Rolling Stone giving this a 60 and Ariana a 100 is crazy.

10 minutes ago, Nashe said:

Depends on what you think her Genre is? Bcuz most ppl will be quick to put her in the Country box when she's so much more than that - indie, folk, pop,...

Generally "Golden Hour" is considered as her magnum opus, so if you're into acoustic guitar-driven emotional and very well written songs, you should start from that one.

I usually recommend these songs from GH to ppl:

- Love Is A Wild Thing

- Space Cowboy

- Lonely Weekend

- Rainbow

- Slow Burn

I’d agree with this. From outside GH,

- Keep it To Yourself

- Merry Go Round

- Blowin’ Smoke

- camera roll

- if this was a movie

• Like 2

The fact that no one is talking about moving out - I'm stuck there for now, wow! 

• Like 1

oh the architect, the melodic masterpiece that you are

still have not processed the whole album, and like GH, I feel like this is not the type of album you can evaluate on its release day

melodically sublime, a mix of STDP and GH def, DW feels different (good) yet totally Kacey

(no shade but for a folky albun, that's what i would have liked folkmore to sound like lol)

Edited by ctlp27
  • Like 1

This is such a lovely album! I love it :heart:

The only thing throwing me off is how some songs start too soon after the previous one.  Like from “Too Good To Be True” to “Moving Out”. Anyone else find the transition too abrupt? 

1 minute ago, DevonRoars said:

It's already sold out :monkey:

They're still up from what I can see! Go collect a sale and don't forget to add a vinyl to cart while you're at it  :mandown:

4 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

This is such a lovely album! I love it :heart:

The only thing throwing me off is how some songs start too soon after the previous one.  Like from “Too Good To Be True” to “Moving Out”. Anyone else find the transition too abrupt? 

yeah i can agree with this, wish the endings were more fleshed out but i’m not too mad

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.