• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnonnonA

• monologueNacafe

• GoodThings

• CottageHore

As someone that absolutely loves both Golden Hour and star-crossed I am excited to listen tonight :gaycat3:

• Like 6

My first listen thots:

1. I figured Anime Eyes was going to be my least favorite as soon as I saw the track list and I was right

2. I wish Heart of the Woods was a lot longer

3. I figured Cardinal was going to be my number one from the album and I was right

4. I’m surprised so many people are comparing this to Golden Hour sonically, I feel like this is Star Crossed 2.0 but with less dark lyrics

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, ZeroPoint said:

My first listen thots:

1. I figured Anime Eyes was going to be my least favorite as soon as I saw the track list and I was right

3. I figured Cardinal was going to be my number one from the album and I was right

4. I’m surprised so many people are comparing this to Golden Hour sonically, I feel like this is Star Crossed 2.0 but with less dark lyrics

Star-Crossed 2.0? 💀 I feel like we listened to different albums.

2 minutes ago, beyonceparkwood said:

Star-Crossed 2.0? 💀 I feel like we listened to different albums.

The way I win either way :clap3: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZeroPoint said:

My first listen thots:

that last point… sorry sis but what :bibliahh:

I am starting my listen. Cardinal is excellent as I knew it would be.

Why is everyone so obsessd to compare the album to GH and SC? I think DW stands out as it's own. It's very earthy and grounded, Cardinal is probably one of her darkest and most spiritual songs to date. The album feels like it's set in the deep and mysterious woods, but it's not scary, everything is well connected to nature and its beauty and to the inner self. It feels nothing like GH or SC to me.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Blade said:

As someone that absolutely loves both Golden Hour and star-crossed I am excited to listen tonight :gaycat3:

Finally some taste on this thread :clap3:

• Like 2

she's really in her Gwyneth Paltrow candle lady crystal aura guru era with Jade Green :deadbanana2:

Edited by truthteller

anyone else hear Say It Right in the Cardinal verses?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ONOPKA said:

the polarising critic reviews :suburban: 

i can't wait to listen at midnight

I’m not really seeing the reviews as “polarizing’ as people keep mentioning on this thread… at least not yet…

Out of the 10 reviews from major publications we got so far, 8 were positive and 2 were mixed… I just think people are giving way too much weight to RS and Pitchfork to be honest 

I’m trying to hold out to listen :jonny:

Are Deeper Well and Too Good to be True top, mid, or low tier on the album?

Went to a listening event yesterday and I have been dying to hear this album again since. I like every Kacey release but this is really something special. :jonny:

this is very calming

it doesn’t really sound anything like GH or SC 

like some in here said…it’s kind of standing on it‘s own

it definitely sounds much less ‚produced‘ and feels more grounded 

love her voice and i‘m happy about new material

i think the songs in the second half of the album are a bit more interesting overall

• Like 1

I got to listen to this as well. I agree that it stands on its own and is quite different from past records. 

I loved a lot of it, especially the love songs. Cardinal is amazing and such a great opener! The sequence of Too Good To Be True - Move Out - Giver/Taker is superb. And it would've continued on to Dinner With Friends (another favorite for me), if not for Sway. I really don't like what they did with it; it was my most anticipated track based on the snippet she posted in her stories a while ago but the final version is too fast paced and the instrumentation doesn't work. Hoping for an acoustic version of this one down the line.

I had high expectations for Jade Green based on the comments but I found it rather clunky to be honest. 

Some of the others I need to give more listens to, but this is definitely a very good album. I feel like the tracklisting on the second half could've been better but we'll see how I feel about it after a couple days. 

well get unexcited because this is nothing like SC, let's celebrate that!

• Like 3

The zine in her shop comes with a CD, is it the regular album with a case and a cover, or just a CD sticked to the back of the zine? I want the zine and the regular CD but I'm unsure if I need to order both. Pls help :noparty:

Edited by Troll Idle

2 hours ago, 305 said:

As one of the few who liked star-crossed I'm so excited

0587052d3ae1399af4b1483803127e6a.thumb.g

The closest thing to this album from star-crossed would be "hookup scene" and even that would be sort of a stretch sonically. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Hour said:

The closest thing to this album from star-crossed would be "hookup scene" and even that would be sort of a stretch sonically. 

I'm not wanting it to be like SC but it's always received hate so I'm just not affected by the comments I've read. I'd prefer it to be closer to GH if anything 

I'm not going to listen to the album until it comes out on streaming here in the US.

but I just checked out "Cardinal" -- I'm excited to hear the rest! this will be great.

It literally has an 81 on MC, and the girls are calling it polarizing? :deadbanana4:

I'm doing my first listen-through. I'm on Giver/Taker right now, and I'm enjoying it so far.

this was magical, she really has a rare charm… self reflection at its finest :alexz3:

Edited by masochizm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.