Kacey Musgraves - 'Deeper Well'

AnonnonA

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

There were two back to back listening parties in my neighborhood so I went to both :skull: 

Cardinal, Giver / Taker, and Jade Green are the trinity. I think people are going to go crazy for Jade Green especially. 

Heaven Is is the Velvet Elvis of the album :flower: 

How is the overall vibe of the album? Is it more Golden Hour/Star-Crossed or more of like her first two albums which is pure country? Loved the title track, hope the sound doesn't go too far from that as well.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnonnonA

• monologueNacafe

• GoodThings

• CottageHore

teddytears
1 minute ago, rivingtonrebel said:

How is the overall vibe of the album? Is it more Golden Hour/Star-Crossed or more of like her first two albums which is pure country? Loved the title track, hope the sound doesn't go too far from that as well.

It’s pure country 

• Like 3

It was a lot poppier than I expected it to be. But i think it could have just been the scenario of being at a listening party. Was difficult to really absorb the album. The standout was Cardinal and Jade Green. I also enjoyed Anime Eyes. I think it's going to be very good and look forward to listening more on Friday.

1 hour ago, rivingtonrebel said:

It was very similar to Golden Hour - maybe a bit less country and a little more folk, but with the same poppy element. The Architect is the most like her first two albums. I dont think anything on the album is that similar to star-crossed (thankfully) 

• Like 5

Pitchfork rated this album a 6.8/10. Rolling Stone ranked it a 6/10

reviews kinda mixed for her standards so far

• Confused 1

So excited, it's out soon! :beatfreak:

14 hours ago, GoodThings said:

Can we expect the album to leak tomorrow? If it's out friday at midnight local time

if its released Oceania time its not a leak...

So for those who've heard it, is it giving Golden Hour at all?

1 hour ago, campelo said:

if its released Oceania time its not a leak...

Yeah but I meant it's a "leak" for us in europe ahah

Dinner with Friends is a highlight :WAP:

• Like 1

Haven't heard rest of album yet but everybody saying Cardinal is a whole ass bop UGH why wasn't that a single lol :rip:

9 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Haven't heard rest of album yet but everybody saying Cardinal is a whole ass bop UGH why wasn't that a single lol :rip:

From what I’ve read, it will be released as the next single

5 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Pitchfork rated this album a 6.8/10. Rolling Stone ranked it a 6/10

reviews kinda mixed for her standards so far

Wow, this IS worrying. But star crossed didnt get great revises for Kacey's standards and I absolutely loved It so yea

Cardinal fu*king slaps WHEW

IMG_8335.gif?ex=660561eb&is=65f2eceb&hm=

ok i just heard it, here’s my standouts:

- Cardinal 

- Sway

- Dinner with friends 

- jade green 

- anime eyes 

- nothing to be scared of 

+ too good to be true 

these songs are amazing, the melodies of these songs remind me of golden hour and there are small parts that remind me of star crossed (i.e the end of sway). overall it’s really pretty…the production is pulled back on this one. 

i cheered!

Just heard the full album... I thought it wouldn't be for me but I found some highlights

Cardinal, Jade Green and Heart of the Woods are really good. I love the dark undertones

The album really picks up in the second half, the first half is kinda meh and predictable

Absolutely love this. Feels a lot more natural. 

How are y’all listening to this ☠️

This is great so far. Exactly what I was hoping she would deliver. Definitely stripped back, but there are still some great little moments (Sway outro). I'm only on Dinner With Friends but everything has been my jam!

38 minutes ago, IMadeYouReadThis said:

How are y’all listening to this ☠️

VPN. 

still 4 songs to go, but I have to say this album swings in the opposite direction of star-crossed in a very key element… I felt like what they tried to do with star-crossed (even though I like the album) made that record sound more ’pretentious’ than I think they anticipated, while this just feels so natural… like a big exhale…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.