• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnonnonA

• monologueNacafe

• GoodThings

• CottageHore

I loved the album from first listen but each day it just keeps getting better. It's literally CRAZY! 

This is her first album for me that has no skips... it flows SO WELL as a whole record. It doesn't reach the highest highs of Golden Hour or Same Trailer, but at the same time I love everything here (which is not the case for her 2 best records, both of which have 2-3 tracks I always skip).

6 hours ago, monologueNacafe said:

Not this having the same metacritic score as Star-crossed :biblio:

Well.. 78 is still a great score! (even if this deserved more)

I have to say though that Star-crossed was a bit overscored in my opinion if we're considering it also has the same score as Pageant Material (which was severely underscored)... in the end of the day, Metacritic means nothing really lol

"if the train is meant for me, it won't leave the station and pull away"

oi-take-my-hand.gif

Got my tixs for her concert later this year, my early morning Kacey sesh has convinced me :bird:

3 hours ago, AnonnonA said:

Love their reaction to this album 

whatever they're on…i don't think they're familiar with the meaning of the word ‚offensive' 😄

• Haha 1

BB 200: #2 Kacey Musgraves - Deeper Well 97,000 (66,000 pure sales; 38.06 million on-demand streams)

Missed the #1 by 3,5K :monkey:

what an amazing debut!! Outsold Justin Timberlake by a whole 30K!

• Thanks 3

US Debuts

#2 Same Trailer Different Park (42,000)

#3 Pageant Material (60,000)

#4 Golden Hour (49,000)

#3 Star-Crossed (77,000)

#2 Deeper Well (97,000)

Very interesting how her most successful album had the weakest start and her least succesful one the strongest!

• Thanks 1

Critics are, per usual, absolutely ******* stupid and are 10 years behind the pulse of what's actually good. It's why they panned Born To Die in 2012 and then in 2022 re-scored to an acclaimed score. In 5 years, the critics will be taking back anything negative they said about this album when it first came out. It happens every time. If an artist doesn't do a full 180 sonically, critics call it boring and redundant. It's her second best album after Pageant Material :suburban:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nashe said:

US Debuts

#2 Same Trailer Different Park (42,000)

#3 Pageant Material (60,000)

#4 Golden Hour (49,000)

#3 Star-Crossed (77,000)

#2 Deeper Well (97,000)

Very interesting how her most successful album had the weakest start and her least succesful one the strongest!

The retroactive success and acclaim of Golden Hour is unmatched :gaycatina1:

The melody and production of Lonely Millionaire is ridiculously beautiful :jonny5:

• Like 1

97k :clap3: she outdid the initial predictions by 20k. 

• Like 1

Kacey finding a deeper well is helping me deal with this deeper hell that I'm in 

i never saw an album title fits an album the way this does :jonny6: this album makes me feel deeplyyyyy well :loki:

On 3/23/2024 at 12:30 PM, monologueNacafe said:

Not sure why this isn't in the 90s on metacritic

critics don't understand Kacey. worms for brains.

Finally got around to listening to this. I think people who were unsatisfied with Star Crossed as the follow up to Golden Hour will feel vindicated by this, parts of it feel very Golden Hour-coded

Highlights on a first listen were Cardinal and Jade Green, though this album is definitely a grower for sure

Doesn't really sound like country though, sounds more like folk. But I like it and I can tell this will stick with me over time as I grow to love it, well done Kacey

• Like 1

Very folk-ish. "Cardinal" is so good.

Tuned into the album last night, and this is sooo good. Very folky country-pop, exactly what I wanted from her as a follow up to Star-Crossed. Need to listen to it again to write a thorough review.

She knows this is her goddamn magnum opus, don't play with her

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sounds blasphemous but I'm loving this more than GH now 

• Thanks 4

Too Good To Be True sounds so much more beautiful in the context of the album it might even be one of my fav Kacey songs now:jonny5:

1 hour ago, Pink Whitney said:

Too Good To Be True sounds so much more beautiful in the context of the album it might even be one of my fav Kacey songs now:jonny5:

That "made some breakfast made some love" part is so catchy

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.