Is Taylor the most driven and hungry celebrity ever?

Revolution

With her frequent album releases and re-releases, stadium tours, changing genres, interviews, award shows, famous boyfriends, famous friends, pap walks even during her peaks...

has there ever been a celebrity with her drive and hunger?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NEX

• Klein

• Revolution

• Badgalbriel

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As if being a musician in the entertainment industry means releasing albums every 5 years because that's the norm now.

she is an artist who is fully capable of making music on her own, so of course she'll be doing that. And also, is she supposed to stay inside to avoid paps, when she has every right to want to live like a normal person????

AND you can only be openely hungry if you know people will consume you and your art, now imagine if Rita Ora was doing all of this, would people give a single ****???? no.

• Like 9

Most of the major legends are pretty driven.  But she is in that class of some of the industry’s biggest legends.  

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 2

No. She's doing what all of the biggest music acts of the past have done. Just because today's "artists" are lazy, doesn't mean that's the norm. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Gaga 08-11 and Madonna basically the whole of the 80s and 90s were very driven as well

Oh absolutely, like her or not I’m sure most of us would pay for their faves to have the same drive as her

• Like 3

I don't get why Taylor is dragged for frequent releases which only really started after she left Big Machine. It was never a problem when Rihanna dropped yearly? I do know BM/Scott Borshetta kinda traped her into the every two year October/November album release and she had to fight him over dropping Sweeter than Fiction before 1989 cause of "overexposure". She's just at that stage in her career where she can do whatever now so she is. :lakitu:

I think Stevie Wonder Barbra and Prince probably had the same work ethic. Everyone else at some

point had put something else before their career. Whether it’s the start of a family, dealing with legal

or

substance abuse issue or just plain love. 

its hard to answer this because you’re insulting ha and giving an answer is participating in the mess. 

for some reason I only read ‚is taylor swift the most driven and hung celebrity‘ :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3

It’s getting weird 

I don't even think the OP is a drag, why are there people getting that defensive? Jeez.

Gaga used to have that drive and energy. Girlie put that 20$ synthetic blonde wig to WORK in these IKEA parking lots and gay clubs. She's obviously very different nowadays, but she was the first example I thought of.

Otherwise, in 2024 and in terms of big pop artists, it's cool to not care, and there's the fear of being overexposed, so it is a bit rarer to see something like that.

• Like 3

I would say the most calculated rather than driven and hungry. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I wish my faves worked this hard. Her fans are super lucky and she has a great relationship with them. She is constantly giving new content.

Edited by teenager

13 minutes ago, ZacXCX said:

I don't even think the OP is a drag, why are there people getting that defensive? Jeez.

Read the op again? The last 3 points were definitely not mentioned in kind and are irrelevant to work ethic. Plus the op is a regular hater 

• Like 1

Omg stop. So many artists have worked way harder than her and we're more driven. Things were different back then before internet and social media, not like today when Taylor just shows up at a game and makes headlines. 

yes, and i think it's because she inherited some... interesting... traits from her father 

• Thumbs Down 2

Drivem and hungry celebrity is right for her, for sure

8 minutes ago, Gelato said:

yes, and i think it's because she inherited some... interesting... traits from her father 

Her father is a weirdo but if there's one thing you can't take away from him, it's that he is insanely driven, smart in his business decisions, and gets **** done. If that's what she took from him, that's a great thing. 

Anyway, to answer the question of this thread, the answer is not really. She is in that league of extremely and extensively driven artists, but not necessarily "above" in terms of work ethic. Now if you just compare her to the popstars of this generation, then yes, clearly. Everyone who made it big had to work hard at some point, but keeping that same energy for such an extended period of time is not usual. And from her generation onward... none of her peers are putting in as much work as Taylor does.

Edited by Klein
  • Like 4

She’s an anomaly in the world of pop-stardom because she treats her job like it’s a job.

• Like 3

She just loves doing what she does.

Some artists become lazy the moment they “make it”, others become lazy when they flop.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, =NEX= said:

Read the op again? The last 3 points were definitely not mentioned in kind and are irrelevant to work ethic. Plus the op is a regular hater 

wrong and wrong

3 minutes ago, =NEX= said:

Plus the op is a regular hater 

I have a grand total of 40 posts. As poet Keke Palmer once said, I don't know who this man is.

Joking aside, the last couple of points ARE petty and unnecessary, but the responses don't even seem to be about that? Anyway, I'm not even a fan, but let the girl enjoy her peak. She'll settle down when she wants to.

The over defensiveness…

I think they meant it as a compliment, as in she’s driven not thirsty. Thirsty is people like Bebe rexha 

I don’t get why her fans are calling other artists lazy? There are people who simply don’t have the same ambitious or goals as her and that’s okay? It doesn’t make them lazy or mean they don’t care about making music :rip:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.