Love + Fear vs. Solar Power

GraceRandolph

Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Better album?

2. 2. Better singles?

3. 3. Better cover?

Both albums were seen as letdowns by fans of Marina and Lorde, but which album is superior?

4 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

were seen as letdowns by fans of Marina and Lorde

None of the Lorde fans seen Solar Power as a letdown. It was the Melodrama fans. Know the difference. 

Having said that, Solar Power is of course incomparably better on all these categories compared to Love + Fear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, conquxror said:

don’t let this thread distract you from the REAL enemy: 

spacer.png

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Trash + Garbage is one of the worst albums ever released by an alt girl. It literally has 0 redeeming qualities. 

Solar Power was and remains a cute album. It was only disappointing when you consider the fact that it followed Meldorama, one of the greatest albums of the century. It might not be Lorde's best work but it has some of her best songs to me. :michael: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 4

why did you change the order like that i wanted to vote solar power for all :gaycat6:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Well, let's see. L+F has 3 good songs maximum out of 16 (Handmade Heaven, Soft to Be Strong, To Be Human if you ignore the lyrics). SP also has 3, but out of 12 (California, Secrets of a Girl, Mood Ring). So SP technically wins but I pretend they both don't exist and I don't even use the songs I tried to salvage from these albums

Solar Power might not be my favourite but it still has good songs

Love + Fear is just awful

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

not me accidentally voting for L+F as the better album

lordemess.thumb.jpeg.e34d4e7cdd79111269a

7 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

why did you change the order like that i wanted to vote solar power for all :gaycat6:

omfg i need a revote 

honestly, Love+Fear

• Like 1

anyway Oceanic Feeling alone clears that personality vacuum of an album

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

not me accidentally voting for L+F as the better album

lordemess.thumb.jpeg.e34d4e7cdd79111269a

now there's at least 3 of us. the op try to rig it so bad. L+F stan is ugly @GraceRandolph

I actually enjoyed Love + Fear when it was first released, To Be Human and Handmade Heaven were two of my favorite songs of 2019.

Solar Power also has the masterpiece that is Mood Ring, but I'm still going with Love + Fear 

I actually prefer the cover of L+F, but SP remains the superior album musically 

I’m convinced people hate LOVE + FEAR so much that they never make it to the end: Soft to Be Strong is one of Marina’s most beautiful songs. That along with Believe in Love and Emotional Machine would be my top 3 from that album. Sadly it is her worst, but I would say it’s on par with Ancient Dreams as far as having a few good songs among a lot of cringe (I burst out laughing the first time I heard Goodbye). I’m afraid she’ll never top TFJ or EH, but I still follow her just in case. She has one of the most beautiful voices in pop imo.

I listened to Solar Power once and I won’t be listening again xoxo

Solar Power has like four or five saves and two all time faves from Lorde for me (The Path inside her top 10)

Love + Fear has no good song. Not one! Garbage fest

• Thumbs Down 1

Solar power has some great songs on it. Whereas L+F being Marina’s first project after “rebranding” to be completely awful was just embarrassing.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I used L+F more than Solar power so for me I would L+f 

both underrated :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.