Love + Fear vs. Solar Power

GraceRandolph

Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Better album?

2. 2. Better singles?

3. 3. Better cover?

L+F is so bad I couldn’t believe this was made by the same artist that released Oh No! and Obsessions while SP actually fits Lorde’s discography and albeit a dud, has some of her best songs

• Like 1

Love + Fear stands out so starkly against the rest of Marina’s discography cause she’s such a great artist and it made 0 sense coming from her lmfaooo

like throughout the era I kept trying to convince myself that it wasn’t a major f*cking letdown after the 10/10 Froot :rip:

both albums have a few respective highlights. Solar Power has Mood Ring, which is the best song out of both albums combined. Love + Fear just felt like she completely lost the plot, which is why Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land felt like such a relief in 2021 lol. 

um, overall yeah Solar Power is the better album. better cover too. for singles though, I’ll give it to Love + Fear, I liked those singles

Solar Power has some enjoyable songs and despite being a mediocre album, it still has a lot of interesting stylistic choices.

L+F is the definition of bland. It feels like she wrote 3 different songs and then used those as templates to create a 16-track album. It has the better singles tho.

Emotional Machine alone ends Solar Power lmaooo the hive mind hate towards L+F is a kii. Marine's worst is still leagues ahead of quite a lot of albums, including SP. The difference is L+F doesn't try to pretend something it's not, it's just a bunch of pop songs with a some nice songs and some duds while SP's target audience is music snobs that try their hardest to convince themselves the music is just too ahead and others cant possibly get it :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.