More famous and iconic: Hilary Duff or Dua Lipa?

BryceG

More famous and iconic: Hilary Duff or Dua Lipa?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. More famous and iconic NOW

2. 2. More famous and iconic IN 50 YEARS' TIME

Dua Lipa gives off Hilary Duff holiday vibes in her new Rolling Stones interview, and it got me thinking...

Who is actually more famous and iconic?

Through a 2024 lens and in 50 years' time.

5f2e3-hilary-duff.jpg

OR

63490115-0-image-a-94_1665787227116.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Afterglow

• makeme

• Josh

• Scars

Top Posters In This Topic

hillary-duff-dancing.gif

• Haha 2

Hilary. An entire generation grew up with her and adored her. I think people forget how big Hilary truly was at her peak.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Both beautiful women with similar levels of singing and dancing ability.

But Hilary was an actual "it" girl during her peak with millions of girls obsessing over her and wanting to be her.

Dua just doesn't have that in comparison.

• Like 1

It's been 20 years and Hilary is already "fabulous for a throwback"

What makes you think she will do anything in 50 years?

• Like 2

:toofunny3:

As much as I love her and she was truly a IT girl during her peak, Hilary is nowhere as big as Dua and won't be.

She basically doesn't care about her career and new generations doesn't even know her.

• Like 4

I feel like Hilary is only popular within a very specific age group that grew up with her. Dua is known by everyone. 

• Like 1

Dua is bigger than the Gossip Girl actress.

this is so random, but I'd say rn Dua is bigger but in the long run Hilary will be bigger.... idk x

Music - Dua

Overall career/celebrity - Hilary especially in the US I’d imagine. 

Hilary is still on vacation so Dua will never dethrone her as the new vacanza queen

• Haha 2

Miss Dula Peep! 

There’s a reason her name is Hilegendary Duff

spacer.png

• Like 1

Dua. I had no idea who Hilary was until 2019 and she isn't nearly as successful as Dua is.

• Like 1

Hilary easily.  She was a figure of pop culture in the 00s.  Dua Lipa has not captivated people in the same way. 

• Like 1

This forum sometimes is an experience.

Dua lipa someone has won Brits and major Grammys, with at least 3-4 gp worlwide 30M copies smashes compared with someone was "oh look that ex disney channel star made an album, how cute".

Did she ever even got a VMAS nominee or made a performance there?. I only remember her on stuff like trl.

I mean she was cute, we love Lizzie McGuire but she never became a Miley. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Thanks 2

Love my girl Hilary and not really a fan of Dua but Hilary’s a throwback nostalgic popstar nowadays and it’s not a bad thing, she did well during her years but Dua has hit for hits that will

make her more remembered.

Hilary for me is stil more iconic. That With Love choreo will always be a classic!

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

This forum sometimes is an experience.

Dua lipa someone has won Brits and major Grammys, with at least 3-4 gp worlwide 30M copies smashes compared someone was "oh look that ex disney channel star made an album, how cute".

Did she ever even get a VMAS nominee or made a performance there?. I only remember her on stuff like trl.

I mean she was cute, we love Lizzie McGuire but she never became a Miley. 

She was nominated for Pop Video with Come Clean.

They never pushed her (her manager sucked) but she could've win some VMA's tbh, she was big and you can't deny it.

She never wanted to become a popstar tho, she just wanted to some music and have fun, but you can truly see with her working choice that she didn't want to be a big popstar.

I do agree the comparison is odd tho.

• Thanks 1

Dua and it’s not close :rip:

Nobody cares about Hilary Duff. Ask 5 random people in the street to name one Hilary Duff song, and they could not. Lizzie McGuire, the only thing she’s known for, is not even that iconic, and most zoormers already forgot or don’t know about it existence.

In 50 years Hilary will be a very a obscure actress that nobody knows/remembers. While Dua will probably have a very solid career with great numbers and many acclaimed projects.

Not this, nobody outside the anglosphere really knows who Hillary Duff is lol, but ask anybody in LATAM if they know dua..

4 minutes ago, Naikuun said:

Not this, nobody outside the anglosphere really knows who Hillary Duff is lol, but ask anybody in LATAM if they know dua..

Her next tour will be extremely interesting to say the least in LATAM s:wan:

Dua is the obvious answer for both questions, but Hilary left us this gif (and Dignity) to remember her by

hillary-duff-dancing.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.