• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Music Aussie

• Communion

• Big Bad Wolf

• V$.

a smart, inpired Ava Max style use of sampling, or a shitty Renaissance'd sampling. we'll be streaming either way :penguin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

Sample, similarities, vibes, whatever - any connection to Vogue has me excited for the final product. I can’t wait to hear it - I just know she’s about to serve. :jonnycat:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Like people are forgetting how Vogue slayed the charts back in the day and the American music system was alot more boring back then. 

???

The perceived ‘taste’ of the American market is ******* annoying sometimes. It prevented Kelly Rowland from being the dance artist she wanted to be and it caused Madonna herself to switch from the Europe friendly dance rhythms of COADF into the supposed US friendly ‘Urban’ leaning “Hard Candy”.

If the Ariana track is Max Martin produced, I guess with Madonna being his other most recent high profile client, that helped push the sample clearance along.

Tbh it’d be cool if it just sampled the “what are you looking at?!”. I can think of many ways that could tie into a song called “Yes, and?” (just spitballing here, obviously we have no idea what the song is about yet) without it sounding anything like Vogue. 

On 1/9/2024 at 5:52 PM, Dr. Alexander said:

It doesn’t sample “Vogue”. My source is the same source he got his information from…

sources on Pulse says it does. 

18 hours ago, Kintsugi said:

a smart, inpired Ava Max style use of sampling, or a shitty Renaissance'd sampling. we'll be streaming either way :penguin:

mIU4nWT.thumb.gif.d4d1bf5e9d90d4d9778979

8 minutes ago, spree said:

sources on Pulse says it does. 

They said "a huge interpolation". There's a chance it "sounds like" Vogue without either using any of the original production or instrumentation (sampling) or recreating any of the song's melody or production (interpolation) that could result in neither Madonna or Shep Pettibone needing to be credited (and thus why people don't believe it's a sample).

Even the user you're referencing said it also reminds them of Motive, which itself is just showing they kind of just mean hunty~ sounding music (Ariana literally sent Murda a playlist of "diva hits" with Vogue as the first song and said "do your own version of this"). 

First Beyonce, then Bad Bunny, and now Ariana? :clap3:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Communion said:

(Ariana literally sent Murda a playlist of "diva hits" with Vogue as the first song and said "do your own version of this"). 

Do we have this playlist somewhere? :eli: I want to listen

On 1/9/2024 at 6:31 PM, Jjang said:

I’m so sick of Vogue inspired songs :rip: but I’m still perched for my girl. 

i can't remember any Vogue inspired song made recently. That beyonce lead single is the closest to that and still it isn't. It's just 90s house music.

And you are all forgetting Ariana played with that genre with this:

• Like 1

Might explain Madonna's use of Ariana's interview footage during her tour, queen favor exchange

if anyone deserves to sample mom it this little legend ... she's such a stan of Madonna, da whole family does, so i'm super excited

On 1/10/2024 at 3:42 PM, Kintsugi said:

smart, inspired and Ava Max shouldn't go in the same sentence 

15 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

i can't remember any Vogue inspired song made recently. That beyonce lead single is the closest to that and still it isn't. It's just 90s house music.

And you are all forgetting Ariana played with that genre with this:

one of her best tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.