• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Music Aussie

• Communion

• Big Bad Wolf

• LOTF

Thats such an outdated "American" way of thinking. Just not mince words , he is basically saying another that sounds "gay" will not do well in America. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

i’ll wait to hear how it sounds 

1 minute ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Thats such an outdated "American" way of thinking. Just not mince words , he is basically saying another that sounds "gay" will not do well in America. 

or he means exactly what he wrote referring to dance music doing better in europe than here

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

He's not wrong though.

• Like 2

So we should expect a flop in the US based on his words or?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ovogrande said:

He's not wrong though.

Not really, i mean Beyonce proves this wrong, the uprising of gay music icons like Kylie over the last few years. 

These days we all know there are bigger makets in play that embrace diversity.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

in before it only samples the same what you are looking at lyrics or something rather than its sound. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

So we should expect a flop in the US based on his words or?

I mean look at his picture.......

Drag Race Reaction GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Haha 6

oh here we go :rip:

Madonna herself sampled Vogue in Deeper and Deeper, and it's the best part of the song for me 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Girl what? How are you taking offense to this. Dance music fares way better in Europe than America. It’s just a fact. It’s not even about whether it’s “gay” or not it’s just american culture does not embrace dance pop as easily :rip: 

• Like 4

I’m so sick of Vogue inspired songs :rip: but I’m still perched for my girl. 

• Like 1

So... are we going to drag Ariana for the sample mania as well if it's true? :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Not really, i mean Beyonce proves this wrong, the uprising of gay music icons like Kylie over the last few years. 

These days we all know there are bigger makets in play that embrace diversity.

Beyonce does not prove it wrong, Renaissance isn’t exactly collecting hits left and right. Break My Soul kind of underperformed and Cuff It did great but that’s more of a soulful track than the rest of renaissance’s dance heavy sound. And I’m sorry, Kylie getting niche amounts of attention from your queer spaces does not mean she is gaining any mainstream traction in American culture whatsoever. I love Kylie, heavily, but that girl doesn’t have American notoriety whatsoever these days.

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Not really, i mean Beyonce proves this wrong

So in the replies of the same tweet this so called "radio person" seems to think that Break My Soul "tanked". I don't particularly disagree with that assessment even though this dude's account does seem fishy especially with the type of people flocking to his mentions.

Edited by ovogrande

I hope it samples lyrics, or if it samples the music at least not much. I'm extremely tired and annoyed by those David Guetta/Bebe Rexha/Ava Max samples that are closer to being remixes than anything else.

• Like 2

Not another sample song :rip: Lord give us something new I beg of you!

• Like 1

didnt Mr S say its inspired by and not actually sampling… honey

• Thanks 2

Lord save us from all the incessant samples. :redface:

A smart, inpired Renaissance style use of sampling, or a shitty Ava Max'd sampling. Let's wait and see!

• Like 1

America

4 minutes ago, ovogrande said:

So in the replies of the same tweet this so called "radio person" seems to think that Break My Soul "tanked". I don't particularly disagree with that assessment even though this dude's account does seem fishy especially with the type of people flocking to his mentions.

Meaning Beyonce fan scope doesn't really buy into the singles era however , the success of the album and tour is what was impressive. It's very sad that America is very homophbic and problematic when we know the main music market is in Asia which embraces diverse music styles 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.