Final Hot 100 Predictions (1/20/2024): LoM #1 (3x), CS #2, Lose Control #8

pride4jc1222

The selective outrage this forum has for radio and payola when it's not their faves charting, because otherwise it's okay and they claim here that charts are more than streams. 

• Like 9

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• brianc33710

• Green

• pride4jc1222

When songs sold strongly the charts moved more quickly. This gave radio PDs another metric by which to judge when to move on to new songs. After sales died & streaming was what was left, then yes the charts stagnated. Yes this trend was further amplified by COVID but had already begun when streaming started heavily outweighing sales. I know the majority of ATRLers cheered on downloading's demise so you got what you asked for with these charts that don't move.

EDIT: I didn't think I'd have to make this obvious. But I don't want to remove streaming from the Hot 100 formula. 

Edited by brianc33710
Added note
  • Like 2

People blaming only radio for the charts being so boring...

US Spotify October 7th (first Saturday of October)

I remember Everything - 1,262,056 Streams

Cruel Summer - 1,070,133 Streams

US Spotify January 6th (First Saturday of January, 3 MONTHS LATER)

I remember Everything - 1,112,504 Streams

Cruel Summer - 1,012,760 Streams

• Like 2

Did someone really say “stagnant streaming” :bibliahh: so songs that are consumed by people shouldn’t be allowed? Y’all are insane 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, anastaciabby said:

Did someone really say “stagnant streaming” :bibliahh: so songs that are consumed by people shouldn’t be allowed? Y’all are insane 

What I said was that when people also downloaded songs as well as streamed them radio PDs added & remove songs faster. After sales disappeared & "streaming" was all that radio relied upon, airplay charts "stagnated." 

In absolutely NO way did I suggest that BB should remove streaming from the Hot 100. I don't know how anyone could've read that in what I wrote. When sales contributed more significantly to the H100, the charts moved faster. And now that sales are gone, the charts have "stagnated." 

The charts are so stagnant and it's not only radio is streaming as well. No new hits and people keep streaming the same old **** like that hillbilly song should've died like 6 months ago and it's still there...

Edited by UnusualBoy
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

What I said was that when people also downloaded songs as well as streamed them radio PDs added & remove songs faster. After sales disappeared & "streaming" was all that radio relied upon, airplay charts "stagnated." 

In absolutely NO way did I suggest that BB should remove streaming from the Hot 100. I don't know how anyone could've read that in what I wrote. When sales contributed more significantly to the H100, the charts moved faster. And now that sales are gone, the charts have "stagnated." 

I do not think you are the one they're refering to. It's a comment from the first page which literally says "stagnant streaming".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

I do not think you are the one they're refering to. It's a comment from the first page which literally says "stagnant streaming".

You're right. Since I had used both words at least 2× I assumed they referred to me. I'm sorry. 

Updated predictions: 

well Lil Nas and Ariana are coming so there's that

HEAVYONIT

FTCU - EP has been released today, I'm predicting it'll go top 10 this week now :clap3:

Why is that horrid ass SS song taking off everywhere? The vocals of that boy are :deadbanana:

That "Lose Control" is not my cup of tea, but I am very surprised how good it is doing. It definetely has some audience.

You guys are literally complaining over nothing..

no new songs have came out so the chart stayed exactly the same. How is this worth any hysteria?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, HEAVYONIT said:

FTCU - EP has been released today, I'm predicting it'll go top 10 this week now :clap3:

Radio is blowin up Everybody and FTCU is stagnant

do u think both can thrive on radio at da same time?

Lose Control :clap3: Let's go get that top ten, Teddy!

• Like 1

Lose Control #10

I saw this in the title and automatically assumed that Missy's song went viral somewhere :rip: 

On 1/11/2024 at 1:02 PM, Mr. Duff said:

Lose Control :clap3: Let's go get that top ten, Teddy!

Indeed! :clap3:

People complaining about the chart being stagnant when we basically went an entire without major releases because of the horrific Xmas onslaught. You guys literally a part of the problem each year by continuing the dumb Mariah/Brenda feud over a couple of Xmas songs and then wonder why the charts become stagnant in January. NOBODY wants to be screwed over by Xmas songs that have gotten out of control. FOURTY ONE HOLIDAY SONGS charted during the holiday this year, FOURTY ONE. That's more than any other season. This led to a MASSIVE surge in everything else once they all departed. 

This is why Ariana, Lil Nas X and 21 Savage all waited until the 12th to release anything because Mariah, Brenda and all the other Xmas songs clogged up the chart. January 27th will be an interesting chart week but for now...I'm sorry but this is why things are the way they are.

Late to the convo, but if charts are stagnating because people keep on streaming the same hits over and over it's... not really Billboard's responsibility to "fix" that? The charts are supposed to reflect how music is consumed, not how it "should be" consumed. If the GP decides to stream a song enough that it gets 90 weeks, that's their prerogative.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Greedy peaking at #3, I don’t see her getting a new peak at #2 :chick2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.