Britney: I will NEVER return to the music industry

The Slayer

she changes her mind and contradicts herself all the time, I wouldn't trust her on this lol. ppl are definitely working on material for her to hopefully like it enough and record it

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• La Reina

• Rev8

• vipanonymous

• The Slayer

I don’t understand why people struggle to comprehend the fact that she doesn’t want to comeback to her music career. Being a popstar went from a dream to a hellish nightmare she was trapped in for 13 years. 

I imagine there is a lot of trauma to work through before she can get in a head space where she can and wants to be an active popstar again.

I also imagine the more she feels like people are pressuring her into it the more she’ll resist the idea and the less likely she will actually come back. 

Y’all need to understand it’s her journey, her trauma, and her timeline and you can’t expect people to run your time.

• Like 5

there is no doubt to me that she will come back in some capacity ONE DAY. 

but it must be annoying for her to read all this talk about her upcoming music, and her team might be already working on it for her, but obviously she herself isn't 

Edited by popmusicisdead
  • Like 1

She has every right to, fans that are literally reading her own words and just disregarding them and saying she'll make new music are just so entitled. 

This woman was being forced to make music and go on tour, I'm sure stepping on a stage or recording studio would just bring up traumatic memories. 

4 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

There is no point in stanning/following her then. I am glad she free and has control of her personal life but I personally don’t care for her spinning videos and sexy pics on instagram. I’ve always supported Britney the artist above anything else.

This.

i don't need migraines in the middle of the day for nothing 

• Thumbs Down 3

doubt it’s her final decision

we need that album britney :dancehall:

Do we know if she’s contracted to release another album? Depends how many albums deals she signed I guess or if Glory was her last on that contract, if she is she’ll have to at some point or wait till she gets dropped or buy herself out of it. 

even if she is contracted she could easily release a compilation of unreleased songs which fans would go mad for. 

• Like 1

I truly hope she eventually changes her mind. So many of her fans want her to release an album and I think now that she's 100% allowed to do what she wants I think it would be fantastic.

Good riddance

• Thumbs Down 15

No talent, no demand anyway. And who is she trying to fool with that (ghost)writing hoax, when we can see her insta captions? :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 19

What she needs is a team to reclaim her discography, releasing new editions and using songs from her vault, maybe going through that journey of ownership of her works would awake her love for music again. 

good. and stay away from music, mic, we already have AI.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 14

If I were her I would sell my catalogue? Like Bieber, Katy Perry etc has done and all these other artists. 

She could for sure sell it for $300 million.

Get that money back that was stolen from her and then retire and live happily ever after

8 minutes ago, campelo said:

What she needs is a team to reclaim her discography, releasing new editions and using songs from her vault, maybe going through that journey of ownership of her works would awake her love for music again. 

What a missed opportunity, considering that Milli Vanilli film was just released. :gaycat6:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Anyways, I doubt RCA would let that happen

they have a contract together..

weren't there reports that they were iffing her up to release something?
maybe they are applying pressure to her manager..

1 hour ago, bjorn said:

If I were her I would sell my catalogue? Like Bieber, Katy Perry etc has done and all these other artists. 

Get that money back that was stolen from her and then retire and live happily ever after

I think she still gets a good buck out of her stuff

Her brother did say that they renegotiated her contract when they saw how well BOMT did

so she probably gets a good cut out of her music, since some writers were praising her for not putting her name on every credit (and her saying she had a hand in some of those stuff)

11 hours ago, The Slayer said:

Exactly.

Cade has been slowly talking her into expanding beyond the book. That’s his job so at some point she might change her tune and they are already preparing material believing she will eventually change her tune.

While Britney Stan’s would like something for 2024 since it’s her 25th year since releasing her debut the likelihood of studio album was always slim.

we are more likely gonna get a Greatest hits volume 3: double album with a few new songs from old sessions, an unreleased songs compilation or both

Which should be great until she gets reinspired and comes out with an album in 2026/2027.

11 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Her saying she's never returning to the industry doesn't necessarily mean she's never making music again, there is some disparity between the two.

I definitely understand why she would want to leave it all behind after everything that has happened to her, but maybe she still just needs time to heal and will change her mind. A stan can only hope :stare:

Please let this be true :jonny5:

C'Mon queen we don't want Manjobi to be the last piece of music you put out :redface:

Yeah she says the industry and also claim to quit the industry in 2019 despite releasing a book, releasing two collabs etc.

shes done with performing at award shows, music videos, promotion etc. for now.

If Madonna, Janet, Beyonce or someone wanted to collab then she would collab.

but sadly we might not get a retirement tour or new vegas show or anything  that’s more industry related…and that’s fine.

I hope RCA will certify her albums up to date before pushing GH volume 3

48 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Anyways, I doubt RCA would let that happen

they have a contract together..

Yes and no. There is a contract that she never signed herself, it was Jamie under the conservatorship. I'm sure there are many ways to cancel/renogotiate it. The label's image would also suffer a lot if they were trying to force Britney to make music she does not want to !

3 hours ago, bjorn said:

She wont get 300 million for it. 

It is what it is :michael: did we not learn anything from her book? She’s traumatised because of the industry.

I feel like she will release music in some capacity one day but I’m sure it must be frustrating for her to read that people are being hired to write songs for her when she’s been all about doing things on her own terms from now on

6 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

She wont get 300 million for it. 

Katy Perry sold her catalogue for 225 million and she had 2.5 hit albums to her name, let alone Britney.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Katy Perry sold her catalogue for 225 million and she had 2.5 hit albums to her name, let alone Britney.

Katy Perry (for better or for worse) wrote and sang her songs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 10

15 hours ago, Shelter said:

So what was Hold Me Closer and Mind Your Business? 

I would release a new album, do a big stadium tour, it can be planned in a way that wouldn’t be too demanding, promote it as her last. Oprah interview and Netflix doc then call it a day. Cash in, with all that, she would make up for whatever her family took and more.

It’s a shame she feels this way, but I get it. 

now be serious please, she struggled to fill arenas... big stadiums is a huge reach!

OT: I mean I always wanted her comeback album to be really personal but I doubt she would ever release something that's actually personal and dealing with her trauma.. it'll be a dance album with songs about hooking up and stuff and that's not what I want

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheRealGâteau said:

Katy Perry (for better or for worse) wrote and sang her songs. 

I don’t think either Katy or Britney owned their masters. They still get a nice chunk of the whole sale though.

4 hours ago, campelo said:

THIS!!!

She needs a good team for building her legacy right. Just release an anniversary albums/complications and make a doc.movie with random new single. That's all what we need. 

Atop spinning around and just connect with your fans or just make a private account for liking and reposting random pic. 

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

Yes but Katy has a lot more hit singles than Britney. Just look at their streams. Britney sold a lot more albums in her heyday but other than Toxic, Baby One More Time & Oops she doesnt have other huge singles. Katy has I Kissed A Girl, Hot N CoLD, california Girls, Teenage Dream, FireWork, Roar, Dark Horse. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.