K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

btw since we are on the topic of fraudulent sales, i need YG to be investigated for those treasure sales

didn’t they have like 1M difference between hanteo and circle?

spacer.png

Edited by hallucinate

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

GDi6E5zbgAAOq0j?format=jpg&name=4096x4096GDi6E51agAAibtn?format=jpg&name=4096x4096GDi6E53b0AATDpE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

oh Seola... we LOVE you

one-of.gif

Edited by youresotoxic
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

if true, what they are doing is not illegal but still embarrassing. is SM really that desperate :rip: they are also probably doing this for another group who shall not be named 

i assume that’s what JYP is also doing with NMIXX (and previously itzy)

It's only applicable for groups whose Circle numbers (shipment) are much higher than Hanteo sales (merchant sales). 

Reading that pannchoa post for like 10 times and still don't understand how it is fraudulent :coffee2:

• Like 3

VERSACE muse :jonny: 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

@TheCal @elevate @Ryan @DelRey @Inspirit @Somi @Sorecer @Adama @JonginBey @Veiko @everwonbin @Aniston's Boobs @ItsJustMe.

get in ladies, we’ve got crying today

spacer.png

HIS ARMS.

Web-capture-11-1-2024-234923-atrl-net.jpg

not-saying-mother-for-an-entire-minute-challenge-girls-screaming.gif

They're all surprisingly bad at basketball except for Anton who got shy after actually scoring, lol. I love Wonbin's pride in his performance and his proclamation of "I can do it if I set my mind to it". Absolutely Wonbin, and that's why I'm going to sleep right now and I'm gonna sleep so well, ty oppa.

Also Shotaro is just so cute here. I hope he's eating well. Happy people need to looked after very carefully.

It’s so funny that anyone thinks their fave groups sells albums organically :lmao: 

No, you fave has NEVER sold 2-3M albums organically. Especially 5-6M.

Everyone who isn’t obsessed with stats has said for the last couple years that these inflated album sales don’t make sense and are not natural.

Like how can you think it’s genuine that even 3rd gen groups went from selling 100k albums to 1M albums in a few years with no equating surge in WW hits :toofunny2: 

Edited by Gaia
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sept said:

It's only applicable for groups whose Circle numbers (shipment) are much higher than Hanteo sales (merchant sales). 

Reading that pannchoa post for like 10 times and still don't understand how it is fraudulent :coffee2:

most Pannchoa posts dont make any damn sense. Their whole site is dedicated to translating miserable knets but they can’t even do that successfully.

Ning Ning is such a hot girl :jonny: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It’s so funny that anyone thinks their fave groups sells albums organically :lmao: 

Everyone who isn’t obsessed with stats has said for the last couple years that these inflated album sales don’t make sense and are not natural.

Like how can you think it’s genuine that even 3rd gen groups went from selling 100k albums to 1M albums in a few years with no equating surge in WW hits :toofunny2: 

Well there's ONE thing that Kpop groups are particularly good at is having this parasocial relationships with their fans. And in the past few years, they have been really good at enticing fans to buy more copies of the album. So number of fans might not increase, number of orders per fan increased substantially. 

For example, TWICE having 3 album versions back then was an unusual thing as most albums only had 1 or 2 versions (& some limited editions but they were truly very limited lmao). And now you have groups pushing out >50 versions. Red Velvet, for example, has never had more than 1 album version until recently (Summer Magic was the exception and became their best selling album for that reason)

I’m always impressed at how Taeyeon is still strong on charts. It’s been 2 months since To X. :rip: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gaia said:

this tea

but there is still a difference between inorganic and fraudulent/suspicious, that treasure album is an example :coffee2:

17 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I remember being hyped when 2nd Gen Groups were selling 100K in a year:deadbanana4:

Now groups are selling like 5M. :rip:Haha

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

they are also probably doing this for another group who shall not be named 

2024 is the year of honesty, so give us names :khalyan2:

48 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Boygroup sales are so unserious I just assume they’re all fake at this point

spacer.png

Stop dragging down other bgs with your faves, just because your faves have allegedly been exposed for “sajaegi”

ma-stan-twitter-octavia-spencer-gif-22029438.gif

Go to Pannchoa and search RIIZE if you wanna see what true miserable obsession looks like, there’s literally 38 pages of posts since their reveal.

if it’s not trying to get Seunghan crucified for smoking or kissing a girl, they’re coming for Wonbin for being ugly, or Sungch*n for preferring pizza over sushi, or Shotaro for being de-melinated now, or Wonbin for being short, or Sohee for being ugly, or Anton for being untalented, or Sungch*n for having his own apartment, or Eunseok for being a terrible actor, or Anton for being nepo’d, or Seunghan for associating with S**bin, or Wonbin’s chin, or Sohee’s nose, or Anton’s nose, or Sohee for being poor, or Shotaro being a “delinquent” predebut, or Wonbin having weird hands, or Eunseok eating food off the floor, or Sohee being a “thug”, or the entire group being too old to be rookies…

just a collection of the worst, most miserable cack on the whole internet.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

just a collection of the worst, most miserable cack on the whole internet.

spacer.png

Their comment section is also giving 4chan lite

VE3FDal.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sept said:

Well there's ONE thing that Kpop groups are particularly good at is having this parasocial relationships with their fans. And in the past few years, they have been really good at enticing fans to buy more copies of the album. So number of fans might not increase, number of orders per fan increased substantially. 

For example, TWICE having 3 album versions back then was an unusual thing as most albums only had 1 or 2 versions (& some limited editions but they were truly very limited lmao). And now you have groups pushing out >50 versions. Red Velvet, for example, has never had more than 1 album version until recently (Summer Magic was the exception and became their best selling album for that reason)

This would make sense if the highest selling album was like 1-2M. 

When EXO was at their peak there were pics and videos of hundreds/thousands of fans lined up outside of stores for album sales. It was an absolute frenzy and they still only sold <500k. 

You cannot convince me groups like NCT (who struggle to even get 100M streams on Spotify) are selling like 3-4M albums because 500k fans are buying 5-10 albums each. 

That’s more likes than they get on YouTube. A free platform :rip: 

Same with every group. 

Edited by Gaia

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

2024 is the year of honesty, so give us names :khalyan2:

Stop dragging down other bgs with your faves, just because your faves have allegedly been exposed for “sajaegi”

Do you really think Seuteurei Kijeu authentically sold over 5 million albums first week in a country that otherwise barely gives any of their music the time of day

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Do you really think Seuteurei Kijeu authentically sold over 5 million albums first week in a country that otherwise barely gives any of their music the time of day

Those Circle and Hanteo numbers are global sales though and not just domestic sales only 

Boy group sales have always been like this, since 1st generation. Are you guys truly surprised by the mass buying power of boy group stans? Of course, the company also plays a role in this, but claiming it's sajaegi... K-pop is too big in Asia right now

I just learned that the one remaining member of SMROOKIES Shohei is now 27 years old but is still an undebuted trainee. Cmon girl, shit or get off the pot.

spacer.png

So which company did not commit a fraud with these sales :suburban:

Was HYBE accused of something like this? (at least their spotify numbers match I guess)

Edited by Sailor Moon

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

This would make sense if the highest selling album was like 1-2M. 

When EXO was at their peak there were pics and videos of hundreds/thousands of fans lined up outside of stores for album sales. It was an absolute frenzy and they still only sold <500k. 

You cannot convince me groups like NCT (who struggle to even get 100M streams on Spotify) are selling like 3-4M albums because 500k fans are buying 5-10 albums each. 

That’s more likes than they get on YouTube. A free platform :rip: 

Same with every group. 

Which stores though? We can't deny that Kpop has gotten A LOT more popular now after BTS and BP's breakthrough success.

Also, stores like ktown4u and local Kpop stores make it a lot easier for SEA fans to place orders. Back in the early 2010s, it would be almost impossible for SEA fans to buy an album due to extortionate shipping fees and no supply chain

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.