• Replies 38k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

I didn’t know this was even a thing, but I’m glad YG won. These companies are starting to do the most with these trademarks. How the hell can you even confuse BABYMONSTER with Monster Energy drinks? Gurl…if they don’t sit their asses down somewhere

Whoever is handling IVE’s musical output needs to be relieved of their duty. I’d have considered myself a during the Eleven-Love Dive-After Like 123 punch, but since then all their title tracks have been so creatively bankrupt and devoid of any consistent musical identity.

It’s like they’re doing karaoke covers of other artists music and have completely abandoned any sort of musical identity they almost had during their first 3 comebacks. None of it feels like “them”. It’s corny and cringe. And who the hell thought anybody in IVE fit the “Baddie” concept? 

so unfortunate given the great start they got off to

spacer.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

A ******* MESS :dies:

This is honestly really sad 

Look at the materiel! Jennie ain’t playing. Just some of the SMASHES James Fauntleroy worked on

AVvXsEh3zpk9tcGqdyJt5L5vIXMJvfaCpQueFUqB

Anyway, it has recently been announced that Lee Sohee, congrats!

• Like 2

His talent. Best 4th/5th gen BG main vocalist. 

• Like 4

KILLERRRRR

THRILLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOooooooohhhhhh

OOOOOOOOOoooOooOoooOooooh

spacer.png

SAVE MY LIIIIFE
HEY!

ITS AN EMERGENCY LOVE

spacer.png

Whatever happened to that Suga x James Fauntleroy song!?

5 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

Also I think neither Seventeen or NCT even charted in the 2022 yearly chart top 100 right? Looks like they both experienced major growth to be in top 30 :clap3: 3rd gen groups have surprising longevity as far having continued growth. Even if Korea can't appreciate their grown women era, Twice is still blowing up globally the past couple of years too. BTS and BP are a given in this regard

Based on Maniac's current chart behavior, I think Viviz is growing again too. RV is still doing really well despite SM sabotage too. I can't even imagine how much growth they'd be having rn if they had proper support

Viviz has potential considering they're a 3 member girl group and the music is more than serviceable. Groups having more than 6 members should not be a thing anymore. Filler members need to be axed. 

5 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

My World and I've Ive were classics but the followups were so lame in comparison

and Jennie talentless

most acclaimed kpop song of all time/the only acclaimed kpop song outside of Korea

Jennie is many things but talentless is not one of them. You tried it. Especially when the girls you like look up to her most likely. Being disappointed with Drama is understandable just because it consisted of mostly old material that just wasn't officially released. IVE MINE is good wtf OTT, HOLY MOLY, OFF THE RECORD, BADDIE and EITHER WAY are pure pop perfection. 

5 hours ago, Sheep said:

Their music(and concept) was completely new for kpop and will be hugely influential on future generations. 

In this same post you identified at least one way they're completely different than their peers and predecessors with the music comment. How is it all marketing if the material itself is different? 

The material is tiktok kpop. Nothing ground breaking. Cute girls making cute music. What about that is new? I love GODS though. But that was a song given to them and not something that they themselves would create and sell. 

5 hours ago, Sheep said:

Jennie is a d-list star in the US at best. She was a part of one of the biggest media spectacles in the US last year and nobody outside of the kpop sphere was mentioning her involvement except in passing. If Jennie Kim hasn't made it here, Wonyoung with her image which is totally opposite of what the US likes in artists has zero chance.

We're genuinely the majority of their base though. It's not ageism to point that out. :thing:

Kpop fans outside of Asia always conveniently forget that kpop has been huge outside of Korea for over a decade in Asia. They're not even in that conversation.

Jennie is not a D list star if most people who aren't even fans of Blackpink are familiar with her. Why are we tearing down someone who is the reason why the other girls that are following have a chance? The Idol is one of the worst TV shows ever. The only "good thing" that came out of it is exposure I guess but even then she was basically a glorified prop. Wonyoung by just being young skinny rich and pretty already gives her so much advantages. She's the Camila Cabello of her group mark my words. I understand that KPop is big but I mean to the point where it's gotten too now is still new. And very much a good thing. Turning on a radio and going from Beyonce,  Shakira, Ariana Grande, Blackpink is amazing. So glad to be alive in these times

5 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

This could make a cute gg comeback concept actually :lakitu: Just cut the purple one

winx.jpg

A winx concept for le Sserafim would be awesome not you giving techna a chop! Also Netflix completely botched the live action adaptation. One of the biggest disappointments from that service in sometime.

5 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Their vocals are fine as long as Yeji, Chaeryoung and Lia take the key parts and the other two are distributed based on what suits them. The main issue has been the music since 2021. Im not saying it’s outright bad, some of it bops too, but it’s lacked a clear direction and branding recently that made Itzy Itzy in the beginning. People are just confused. Also they clearly have taken a back seat in terms of budget and focus after Nmixx debuted. That’s very clear to see. 

Either way, as a non-fan and a casual listener of Itzy, I did enjoy this comeback ngl, because there seemed to be at least more effort put into building individual profiles of the girls while also improving the music quality from the last few eras. Also I will never stop praising these 4 girls’ performance skills. Like it’s such a feast to watch them dance, I’m sorry LIAbility and I hope you get well soon, but I needed to see this OT4 dance era at least once. They’re such incredibly polished and sharp performers :WAP:

They still get a better budget then top us artists lmfao and I agree this goes back to what I said earlier about itzy. What makes them unique? What is their lane? Because I agree about their being a disconnect in their brand and it messing with their consistency in their output. Also no offense but knowing that Lia is on a hiatus for mental health reasons and you referring to her as a liability is unnecessarily rude. 

4 hours ago, romiskes said:

The only group that compares to NewJeans is 2NE1, they remind me of them in all aspects, from the unique concept/impact to the impressive performance on the charts.

... absolutely not. How the hell you can connect 2NE1 to NJ is beyond me. 2NE1 sweetie I'm sorry

3 hours ago, Mel. said:

Crying cause MIDzy’s were one of the main fandoms shading BABYMONSTER’s “Batter Up” Spotify debut only for ITZY to do WORSE on every metric :bibliahh:

ITZY is a 5 year old group and doing these numbers is ATROCIOUS!!

Well again it's not because the girls are not talented or the music is not good. Theirs clearly something going on behind the scenes because their management and lack of promotion is astounding. No need to be petty and do a *** for tat with other fanbases. Support who you like and leave it at that. 

• Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Best 4th/5th gen BG main vocalist. 

If you wanna include 4th gen then Ms Sohee vocal bible is lucky that Kim Woojin isn’t in a boygroup anymore

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Bewitched said:

Y’all RIIZE stans are about to annoy the hell out of me

spacer.png

stream Love 119 on the platform of your choice

spacer.png

1 hour ago, naomi24 said:

Oh this is so good! How did I miss this

giphy.gif

Because the song that should have taken them out of nugudom is: 

2 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

SM 3.0 gave them their best boygroup project in over a decade so not too much on it 

spacer.png

RIZZ aren't close to as strong as NCT musically yet, let alone EXO :ahh:

3 hours ago, illia said:

HYBE swimming in money, SM in shambles, YG... being YG, CUBE being CUBE too and being carried by G-IDLE, Starship... who even cares about Starship? :rip:

HYBE and JYPee are the only ones left standing. Why?

IMG-0576.png

We care about Starship cause they got IVE. Who does JYP have? HYBE is Scooter Braun's kpop company correct?

3 hours ago, thirdward said:

can’t wait bc it’s shaping up to be a good project and well funded 

If only CL was given the same treatment. Not fair. Jennie don't **** this up! She's gonna have to step up her energy. If you're gonna serve ***** then do that. If you're gonna serve personality cool. But serve something. Being croaky, out of breath, over it or tired after the first verse is not it and she won't have the other girls to fall behind to pick up her slack.

3 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

the new IVE song randomly being an Icona Pop cover :deadbanana: and it's no even one of their best songs hmmm

You mean the Saweetie collab? I'm confused what's going on? Covers should not be a thing. Original and new songs only. 

3 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

:deadbanana4:

the Jisoo stans are finally becoming self aware, we love that for them

You leave her name out your ******* mouth !!!

2 hours ago, hallucinate said:

i’m confused about that too like what :rip:

should’ve collaborated on a trashy bop, would’ve been a fun mess

IVE and fun mess is not something I want to see them serve like ever

2 hours ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

SM 3.0 has been really good to aespa :coffee: singles, albums, promotion, collabs, super active on social media, brand deals, gigs... Now what :biblionny:

This better not delay their comeback i need that full length debut album out asap

2 hours ago, Zack said:

They've been relatively good to aespa (compared to other groups) but those are all things a major company should be expected to do for one of their biggest groups.

Also, SM 3.0 happening and all the internal fighting is what caused some issues for aespa in the first place. And the switch to Kakao significantly affected Drama sales and stock availability compared to MY WORLD, so it's been good and bad for them.

Is this gonna interfere with their debut album this year?

2 hours ago, New Edition said:

Hybe should just acquire SM.

I hope Cube next.

The last thing I need is Hybe becoming the Walt Disney of Kpop im good. These companies just need to be run by people that aren't rich old men

2 hours ago, Rhyme said:

Starship should've saved this for the US single if the alternative was any Icona Pop song.

Or just put out another original and new song for IVE they deserve better. Can't wait to see em live in March though hihi

my world photoshoot was the best thing about that mini. like it was truly sickening.

4 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

RIZZ aren't close to as strong as NCT musically yet, let alone EXO :ahh:

Who said anything about EXO?

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

They still get a better budget then top us artists lmfao and I agree this goes back to what I said earlier about itzy. What makes them unique? What is their lane? Because I agree about their being a disconnect in their brand and it messing with their consistency in their output. Also no offense but knowing that Lia is on a hiatus for mental health reasons and you referring to her as a liability is unnecessarily rude. 

Chillax sis, that’s just a commonly used nickname for her in this thread, There was no correlation with her hiatus 

spacer.png

Ive releasing All Night cover (a mid song) as their first English single is beyond me. But i’m happy to be proven wrong when they pull Perfect Night size success.

when does that Lee Hyori show air?

spacer.png

oh Circle Chart Awards are tonight, they better perform Love 119 :fish2:

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.