• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

Can someone explain why Revenge isn’t Gidle’s title track

9 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

Daily reminder that Untouchable is the most streamed 2024 K-pop song on Spotify. Itzy won, I'm afraid

January isn't even over yet but congrats

• Haha 1

Yes to hyperpop. See when you let them grow organically and stick to their core   :clap3:

Is this good? @Eternium

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

Daily reminder that Untouchable is the most streamed 2024 K-pop song on Spotify. Itzy won, I'm afraid

Don’t set me girls up :penguin:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Yes to hyperpop. See when you let them grow organically and stick to their core   :clap3:

Is this good? @Eternium

This is ridiculously good. “Drama” isn’t a single in the U.S. nor is it being promoted to radio at all. I’m wondering who the DJs are that are spinning this, especially two months late like this.

This bodes well for their next release. It better be more “Drama” and less “Better Things.”

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Schhh said:

Her last three singles being her biggest ones :deadbanana2:

well, it says, this decade, so I, Why, Rain, Something New, Fine, Four Seasons and All about you are not elegible. But yasss slay queen Taeyeon. I do think Weekend is I - Fine level of big, and just as big as Four Slaysons

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

Another one, thank you :bird:

Not them announcing on the same day that they are going to headline 2 different festivals :jonny5: @Mitsuki

Sometimes I have problems believing Stray Kids in seriously under JYP Entertainment's management, cause everything works so right for them, It's scary...

BST Hyde Park on It's own is already a massive opportunity. The amount of coverage It gets all across the biggest UK news, both online and on TV is already crazy. Together with I-Days Milano is unbeliaveble.

It's not only helping them to build a reputation up, but also expanding their name to other audience and, on top of that, are perfect ways to test waters for the artists' potential to fill big venues on Europe in the future. It's clear they have a vision for SKZ. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pluto6 said:

2024 is the year where Stray Cats are going to dominate the stage worldwide, your local faves can have MelOn idc :ghostface:

Lol. I would love If they got a hit on local plataforms, of course, but It would be purely for ego, to be honest. They already built everything that having local hits can provide to an K-pop act. It's literally just a step for bigger opportunities. 

• Like 2

It’s kinda crazy how Stray kids are growing but they can’t manage to get a bigger global kpop hit than God Menu (and it was 4 years ago)… Like why none of their new releases have outstreamed GM on Spotify 

Edited by Adama

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

Rewiwnd back to Traffic Lights, even K-Netz were making fun of him of how a good songwriter like him couldn't hit the notes. It was a mumbling mess.

I think it’s his style but he can sing better than a lot of his guests lol! 

1 hour ago, harrythevifan said:

He's a crafty studio producer.

:cm:

He’s like IU

1 hour ago, Pluto6 said:

2024 is the year where Stray Cats are going to dominate the stage worldwide, your local faves can have MelOn idc :ghostface:

And some Kpop acts can have both :suburban:

14 hours ago, Vrx. said:

TWICE need to release a Spring bop

I miss Summer TWICE

1072652585976201296.gif?size=240&quality

Alcohol free was their last impactful release for a reason 

Edited by Adama

2 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

It's just how the charts work nowadays, songs getting more longevity

Her biggest hits remain "I" and "Fine"

What? Her biggest hit in Korea is Four Seasons 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

What? Her biggest hit in Korea is Four Seasons 

Based on year end placementes, I think Weekend Clears it, specially considering it only peaked at #4 while 4 seasons was a multi week chart topper.

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

It’s kinda crazy how Stray kids are growing but they can’t manage to get a bigger global kpop hit than God Menu (and it was 4 years ago)… Like why none of their new releases have outstreamed GM on Spotify 

True, but they had a couple of popular songs that weren't sooo far from God's Menu that helped them to mantain consistence. I'd say MANIAC is actually on a similar level of popularity. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adama said:

I mean, it's their signature hit, it's the song that made them blow up and without tiktok virality backing it up. Not every song is gonna surpass the previous one. If anything, they're very consistent with their streams

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Based on year end placementes, I think Weekend Clears it, specially considering it only peaked at #4 while 4 seasons was a multi week chart topper.

Four Seasons:

5.7M UL

219M streams

Weekend:

4.2M UL

146M streams

Weekend was huge but Four Seasons was a monster

tws has been charting on the top 100 all day omg

not me using that monthly subscription that melon gave me for 10 cents to stream a boygroup :rip:

they need to rise for the sake of good boygroup music :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

This is ridiculously good. “Drama” isn’t a single in the U.S. nor is it being promoted to radio at all. I’m wondering who the DJs are that are spinning this, especially two months late like this.

This bodes well for their next release. It better be more “Drama” and less “Better Things.”

drama is so good… i didn’t like it at first but now it’s stuck in my head most of the time :jonny:

i also understand why it smashed in korea now

if only overwatch waited a bit to give payola to lesserafim :gaycat1:

the way he doesn't wanna do more than the bare minimum @Pluto6

• Haha 1

Is super lady tanking? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

True, but they had a couple of popular songs that weren't sooo far from God's Menu that helped them to mantain consistence. I'd say MANIAC is actually on a similar level of popularity. 

Idk they used to have Back doors, Maniac and Thunderous but since then it seems like their TT aren’t as big like they used to be at least on Spotify.  

49 minutes ago, xrosup said:

I mean, it's their signature hit, it's the song that made them blow up and without tiktok virality backing it up. Not every song is gonna surpass the previous one. If anything, they're very consistent with their streams

Well globally you would expect a kind of growth in the long term. Like KTL was bigger than D4, then HYLT was bigger than KTL etc 

Edited by Adama

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.