K-Pop Thread: GFRIEND to Reunite for 10th Anniversary

Ryan

4 hours ago, Nido said:

Also to continue my point. I don't think a lot of Twitter users who throw around words such as "grooming" or "inappropriate" to describe the relationship between the NJ girls and MHJ really a have a clue how things work. Maybe there's been such normalized ideas of idols having little to no connection to their output that someone would think it's "WEIRD" to see a form of mentorship between a creative director and their brainchild of a group.

There's a reason why these girls blew up so fast and became so loved by the GP. It's because their every output was greatly executed by a company lead by a woman who CARES about them. You can just tell that they enjoyed performing their songs from day 1, that they have no issues with their art direction, styling, music, management whatsoever, because that's the environment that they were brought up in. It explains why they think so highly of MHJ and raised all the mistreatment concerns about the new management, because she was the one who created the environment that allowed them some humanity before it got taken away. 

I don't think MHJ deserves zero blame for whatever conflict that's been happening since this whole thing started but if you reallyyyy look into it, you would see that she only wanted the best for these girls and HYBE was having none of it.

It would make sense if MHJ didn't show so many problematic behaviours; and them just blindly follow her can be seen as troublesome to some people

• Like 1

• Replies 65.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• Pluto6

• Xalric

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

i love lisa but other than the obvious reasons i can see why she's still nominated in the kpop categories

except for the vmas she stays in the korean idol lane

correct me if im wrong but the only interview she did was that korean drinking show

and she does dance challenges with kpop artists

if she really wants to break out globally she needs to do more interviews and performances

her songs are doing well because of her fans and kpop fans

and honestly the vma performance was fun but it could've been a lot better, it was serving kpop star being a little nervous to perform in a big global show.

i get it but then i think of britney who was a teenager when she served that iconic stage presence, so I can't see why lisa couldn't. we know she can command a stage too!

also idols are literally trained for korean award shows, which is all about being polite and serving 0 personality in crowds/when accepting awards

lisa as a foreigner probably trained even harder for this so she just comes across as a little less impactful with her vma moments

show yourself and your personality girlie and go all out. the material and talent is there :WAP:

this was my TEDtalk :gayriahcat2:

Honestly I feel like the girls aren't aware that you need to work hard to get at the top, they are used to pulling massive numbers with minimal promo. Rockstar/New woman had a huge debut on Spotify because she's Lisa but they're falling on the charts because she's doing the bare minimum, she has a festival so there's that. 

NMIXX impactful queens :clap3:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

the way i never hear this song anywhere :skull: they had the biggest hit in the country last winter it's insane how hard they fell 

The way only Perfect Night from their previous releases, is charting in the top 100

EASY, and that Tyla's song, released this year, are both OUT of top 100 :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

Day6 :clap3:arts and success some company boy group wishes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Manon is the biggest example of pretty privilege I've seen in recent history. And the people use the excuse "oh she has the It factor" to justify her place but we know the tea. But either way, she definitely has put in the work and has been able to catch up to the other girls who are just insanely talented individually. So I'm rooting for her tbh.  

I mean, sure, she got her spot in the DA because of her beauty, she already had pretty big following on instagram which helped her a lot too, but I think it's not okay to say she's in KATSEYE just because of those things

this is something that hurts a lot of pretty women, or people in general, in various industries - most of the time they need to work extra hard to prove their worth and skills, for some reason people tend to think it's easier to be pretty, slim etc., but it's hard and it hurts to be seen just as that - it also happens to Manon, since people label her as pretty and lazy but overlook her general improvement

maybe she's not there yet and she has a lot of room to grow, but she has a lot of potential and I can only imagine she needed to work very hard to be where she is and to not stick out like a sore thumb among the rest of the talented girls from the group, her progress from the DA fan voting days is really visible 

she got her chance because of her look but then she put a lot of hard work into making it all happen

Edited by Hazy
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

How can you have impact for other artists and not your own group :deadbanana:
but I see why the cover is amazing 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

It would make sense if MHJ didn't show so many problematic behaviours; and them just blindly follow her can be seen as troublesome to some people

She was fighting for her livelihood. I don't think you girls realize how awful a lot of the higher-ups in music are and how well they keep everything a secret. Look at Seungri, Taeil, Bang and Diddy. When young women tell you they don't feel comfortable with switching their inner circle, you should trust them.

59 minutes ago, newaespa said:

The way only Perfect Night from their previous releases, is charting in the top 100

EASY, and that Tyla's song, released this year, are both OUT of top 100 :deadbanana2:

They also randomly disappeared from U.S. Spotify charts as soon as their first week ended. HYBE is so fraudulent.

42 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

How can you have impact for other artists and not your own group :deadbanana:
but I see why the cover is amazing 

NMIXX are so insanely talented but their music director is awful. Honestly, I could see them having a surprising amount of longevity if they ever got a competent musician in A&R.

Edited by Eternium
  • Like 3

Also, everyone please get into my favorite boygroup song:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Eternium said:

NMIXX are so insanely talented but their music director is awful. Honestly, I could see them having a surprising amount of longevity if they ever got a competent musician in A&R.

roller coaster was incredible i don't understand why they don't go that way?

2 hours ago, ItsJustMe. said:

i love lisa but other than the obvious reasons i can see why she's still nominated in the kpop categories

except for the vmas she stays in the korean idol lane

correct me if im wrong but the only interview she did was that korean drinking show

and she does dance challenges with kpop artists

if she really wants to break out globally she needs to do more interviews and performances

her songs are doing well because of her fans and kpop fans

and honestly the vma performance was fun but it could've been a lot better, it was serving kpop star being a little nervous to perform in a big global show.

i get it but then i think of britney who was a teenager when she served that iconic stage presence, so I can't see why lisa couldn't. we know she can command a stage too!

also idols are literally trained for korean award shows, which is all about being polite and serving 0 personality in crowds/when accepting awards

lisa as a foreigner probably trained even harder for this so she just comes across as a little less impactful with her vma moments

show yourself and your personality girlie and go all out. the material and talent is there :WAP:

this was my TEDtalk :gayriahcat2:

It was disappointing to say the least, even the small interview she did on the carpet was terrible, she's still stuck in that kpop bubble of not speaking out much which doesn't help push yourself out to the GP

And how is she going to break out of the kpop circle if the VMAs gave her an award for her new songs that aren't kpop at all nnnn it just builds an image that she's still releasing songs considering 'kpop' which isn't the case

think the only person who'll go all out with personality, engagement and the western push that could be successful will be jennie

17 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

back to thotting it up onstage, nature is healing

The pants are restricting his butt from bouncing, and I hate that for him.

spacer.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

back to thotting it up onstage, nature is healing

He's out the military??? When did he get out

oh wow, this is honestly one of the finest examples of a group giving 100% live vocals with no backtrack while doing the full choreography. they ATE

how did they do that :jonny5:

• Thanks 1

The smashery :clap3: 

@Eternium do Chinese stas counts like in Tencent/QQ music in  global sales? cause aespa's number is definitely going to stomp. 

17 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

He's out the military??? When did he get out

like last week i think (maybe even this week lmao)

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

Honestly I feel like the girls aren't aware that you need to work hard to get at the top, they are used to pulling massive numbers with minimal promo. Rockstar/New woman had a huge debut on Spotify because she's Lisa but they're falling on the charts because she's doing the bare minimum, she has a festival so there's that. 

yeah and i get that it's weird, on one hand she achieved a much bigger fame than a lot of western artists with blackpink, but to the gp she's a fairly new artist stuck with a kpop star image

16 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

It was disappointing to say the least, even the small interview she did on the carpet was terrible, she's still stuck in that kpop bubble of not speaking out much which doesn't help push yourself out to the GP

And how is she going to break out of the kpop circle if the VMAs gave her an award for her new songs that aren't kpop at all nnnn it just builds an image that she's still releasing songs considering 'kpop' which isn't the case

think the only person who'll go all out with personality, engagement and the western push that could be successful will be jennie

true but i do think the kpop category is the only way she could be nominated, since those songs weren't like big gp hits

we'll have to see with jennie, since she also has the tendency sometimes to be quiet/shy. it helps that she's more fluent in english tho. I'm very curious and excited for her debut, since lisa already put the bar so high with her releases. I can't wait!

and just saying, LISA is achieving amazing things these days and is in no way doing bad, I just hoped for more since the material is really materialing:gaycatney6:

• Like 1

Kpop's biggest life threatening enthusiast strikes again i love her... :swing:

41 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

roller coaster was incredible i don't understand why they don't go that way?

Because it was their biggest bomb sadly, while DASH did better and now See that is doing even better. I guess they will continue going this route

First SNSD, now aespa. Megan doing Karina's iconic body bang :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.