Britney to collab with Charli for upcoming album

shyboi

Pop legend Britney Spears is celebrating her return to the music scene with her first record in eight years - and 25 years since the release of her debut album.

The 42-year-old Toxic hitmaker has reportedly been collaborating with singer-songwriter Charli XCX in a bid to dominate the charts once again. The new album is set to be released next year and will feature a new track that has been written by the 31-year-old British singer.

Reports suggest Charli XCX spent time in a studio earlier this year to write one of Britney's new songs, after gaining support from the iconic pop star. "Charli has a great track record when it comes to writing clever pop songs," a source told The Sun.

"She went into the studio earlier in the year to make some songs using Britney’s guidance of what she is after. She came up with a really strong track that is expected to make it on to the album, which Britney’s team hope will be out in 2024.

It comes shortly after Britney Spears featured in a new song titled Mind Your Bussiness with fellow superstar will.i.am and Elton John’s song Hold Me Closer last year.

Britney and Will last collaborated back in 2012 with their smash single Scream & Shout which was noticeable for a distinct British accent that Britney sang with. The dance-pop track sold more than 3 million copies in the USA alone and hit number 1 in almost 30 charts around the world - including the UK.

The singer stepped back from music as she fought to be released from a controversial 13-year conservatorship, which came to an end in November 2021.

Huge British pop star set to release music with Britney Spears after her eight year hiatus - Mirror Online

Edited by shyboi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• Miichael

• TrueBlood

• crf13

1 minute ago, dman4life said:

Is Britney aware this is happening? :toofunny3:

I hope she's executive producer again

ILKMAGSFAHAUW17tagajaua6a5a17.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She's Britney Spears, she can afford the best producers and songwriters, I mean why Charlie XCX?

Edited by Xtripped
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Asparagus Spears said:

She’s been recording since 2021. This isn’t a surprise at all

really? do we have more details? if she's been recording since 2021 the sound is probably already dated

if it’s true I’m so hyped! I love the idea of a Britney song written by Charli 😍

She said in her book that music is not a priority for her right now so I don't know if I believe this.

7 minutes ago, Lion said:

if it’s true I’m so hyped! I love the idea of a Britney song written by Charli 😍

it would sound like the baby of toxic and good ones

Edited by shyboi

Idk if I believe this even though I really want to. Has the source ever been correct about Britney news in the past?

In theory, this sounds amazing. That being said, if Britney's heart isn't fully into it, I'm afraid of it turning into a BJ 2.0 panned mess. Part of me hopes they go slightly weird/hyperpop and create a How I Roll/If I'm Dancing moment. Let Britney have fun.

4 minutes ago, ZacXCX said:

In theory, this sounds amazing. That being said, if Britney's heart isn't fully into it, I'm afraid of it turning into a BJ 2.0 panned mess. Part of me hopes they go slightly weird/hyperpop and create a How I Roll/If I'm Dancing moment. Let Britney have fun.

But does she want to have fun tho? Maybe Britney wants her Joanne era, it's about time

Edited by shyboi

“Huge British pop star” is doing a lot of heavy lifting. 

:clack:

• Haha 1

even if not actively, i think britney has been working on an album for a few years now knowing padam padam was written for her

• Like 3

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

Britney wants her Joanne era

Don't manifest this.

Joking aside, I'd be here for a personal album too (A real one this time). We truly have no idea what her direction is (Or if she has any direction at all). I was at peace with the idea of her just retiring, so any release is a good surprise for me, if it ever happens.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.