Is Madonna really bigger than Taylor and Mariah?

Angelo

51 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

Notice that very specific term “solo record” in the link?  That’s the difference I’m talking about. You have to find some very specifically defined attributes like “solo” or “female” when Taylor’s tour is the biggest period. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• readytowind

• GlamSlam

• Kasix

8 minutes ago, Kasix said:

Notice that very specific term “solo record” in the link?  That’s the difference I’m talking about. You have to find some very specifically defined attributes like “solo” or “female” when Taylor’s tour is the biggest period. 

yes, female and solo - that sounds very specific indeed

stop embarassing yourself !! :coffee:

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, stupidjock said:

yes, female and solo - that sounds very specific indeed

stop embarassing yourself !! :coffee:

I hate it when folks argue for the sake of arguing. 

has Madonna ever had the biggest tour of all time, >>>all time<<<, in her career? 

Yes or no? 

• Thumbs Down 2

40 minutes ago, Kasix said:

I’m not the one raving about some imaginary impact like some crazy homeless person living under a bridge trying to tell you how half the world leaders are reptilian shapeshifters. Instead, I gave a >>>Tangible proof<<< of Taylor’s level of presence in our culture, which  is something imaginary impacts,  aka a figment of your imagination, will never be. 

I mean, you a right about the bold part. She is very 'present' in the culture. But you're talking about PR and marketing hun. We're talking about cultural impact.

Trying to suggest that cultural impact or influence is a 'figure of our imagination' only makes you look like a fool, and a sad one at that too :coffee2:

Edited by Mr.X
  • Like 1

GlamSlam
5 hours ago, Infinity said:

Mariah achieved all her success through music, talent, hard work.  Madonna used gimmicks, shock value, provocation. They are not the same.  Mariah’s legacy will live on, Madonna’s won’t (see streaming numbers for reference). 

:lmao:The desperate attempt to rewrite history.

Madonna literally rose to stardom from nothing but hard work, determination and talent. She didn't rely on ANYONE, there were no handouts from Daddy, no preferential treatment / benefits from marrying CEO's. Unfortunately for you Madonna's legacy is still very much afloat and unmatched. Last year marked the 40th anniversary of her debut (which was being Celebrated by legions of fans around the world).

What gimmicks, shock value and provocation did Madonna use when she made her debut? Where was it in #1 hits: Live to Tell, Crazy for You, Who's That Girl, This Used to Be My Playground, Take a Bow, Music, etc?

I like Mariah, but the hypocrisy in acting like she was above everything you've trashed Madonna for when she literally resorted to dressing like a Barbie doll in the late 90s (after saying she wouldn't) is astounding. Did you even follow Mariah's career or simply talking nonsense out of spite for Madonna?

Edited by GlamSlam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr.X said:

I mean, you a right about the bold part. She is very 'present' in the culture. But you're talking about PR and marketing hun. We're talking about cultural impact.

Trying to suggest that cultural impact or influence is a 'figure of our imagination' only makes you look like a fool, and a sad one at that too :coffee2:

Again, all this 20 pages of nonsense impact chitchat is just that - some nonsense in one’s mind. At best it is your sound opinion, but nonetheless, it’s still Nothing tangible & no one outside of the 2 dozen or so users on this forum ever talk about it. 

Therefore, even though I certainly could list a few kooky imaginary impact examples of Taylor, i don’t plan on to stooping to that level and you certainly would’ve dismissed it as nonsense anyhow. 

30 minutes ago, Kasix said:

I hate it when folks argue for the sake of arguing. 

has Madonna ever had the biggest tour of all time, >>>all time<<<, in her career? 

Yes or no? 

Has your taylor broken madonnas record 14 years ago? Madonna has held the record until this year. Why your favorite couldn't break before???

After covid pandemic, everyone  got out and enjoy the concerts at the highest prices of all time now.

It's easier to break old records. 

And madonna has pioneered, experimented and expanded the touring market for 4 decades. And she templated how a modern pop Concert could consist, structure, look  like and how it's done .

Your favorite just copies and benefits from what madonnas done and stapled. 

So thankful for that.

Has she got the record? 

No. 

But she basically bore the modern pop concerts. So take that. Your favorite won't have ever.

Edited by readytowind
  • Like 2

GlamSlam
3 hours ago, Infinity said:

Fair enough.  But Mariah has to sing very demanding songs, which requires a lot of preparation and vocal rest, and that is why touring has never been an asset for her.  As for impact, Mariah‘s is undeniable, every real singer, from Beyonce to Ariana, who came after her, looks up to her. 

No different to the likes of Whitney and Beyonce - who did (and still continue) to tour. Touring has never been an asset to her because she's lazy.

and for the record, Beyonce and Ariana both look up to Madonna too, or didn't you know that?

• Like 1

Though swifties claim to have the biggest tour.

wierdly Enough, there are no official grossing reports for that.

And over the world, no one outside swifties and fans knows her name or remembers her song.

And her number of unknown hits are still behind beyonce and even Ariana grande over the world.

That's a tragedy.

Edited by readytowind

GlamSlam
34 minutes ago, Kasix said:

Yes or no? 

By a female artist, yes!

What's Taylor's biggest audience for one night? Has she ever had an audience of 130,000 like Madonna did in Paris?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, readytowind said:

Has your taylor broken madonnas record 14 years ago? Madonna has held the record until this year. Why your favorite couldn't break before???

After covid pandemic, everyone  got out and enjoy the concerts at the highest prices of all time now.

It's easier to break old records. 

And madonna has pioneered, experimented and expanded the touring market for 4 decades. And she templated how a modern pop Concert could consist, structure, look  like and how it's done .

Your favorite just copies and benefits from what madonnas done and stapled. 

So thankful for that.

Has she got the record? 

No. 

But she basically bore the modern pop concerts. So take that. Your favorite won't have ever.

What you’re saying could be true that Taylor is currently benefitting from the post pandemic touring boom, but that doesn’t dispute my point in any way: that 

taylor can call herself the biggest touring act during her time, period. Madonna couldn’t. The Rolling Stones or U2 has always been a bigger force and Madonna has always been under them in terms of touring during her time.
She has never been the biggest fish in this pond, but Taylor has, and that’s a height that Madonna never reached. 

That’s why to the folks who say “Taylor will never surpass Madonna” (which was the comment I originally replied to), she has indisputably done so in one area. 

I really hope you guys could understand the bigger point here. 

Edited by Kasix
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kasix said:

What you’re saying could be true that Taylor is currently benefitting from the post pandemic touring boom, but that doesn’t dispute my point in any way: that 

taylor can call herself the biggest touring act during her time, period. Madonna couldn’t. The Rolling Stones or U2 has always been a bigger force and Madonna has always been under them in terms of touring during her time.
She has never been the biggest fish in this pond, but Taylor has. 

That’s why to the folks who say “Taylor will never surpass Madonna” (which was the comment I originally replied to), she has indisputably done so in one area. 

I really hope you guys could understand the bigger point here. 

Touring is big now. She's definitely benefitting.

But why no hits??

She's even behind Ariana grande.

Madonna has the biggest number no. 1  hits all over the world. Defeating all other girls mlby miles.

Yes.

More than the Beatles rolling stones and u2.

Your taylor will never.

Also there's no official grossing reports from the tour.

No official.

So Your taylor will never.

I recommend her defeating Ariana grande first and come back with unforgettable hits.

Edited by readytowind
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

By a female artist, yes!

What's Taylor's biggest audience for one night? Has she ever had an audience of 130,000 like Madonna did in Paris?

She just does not play in parks. Its no doubt that she can do that.
She will play 8 sold out wembley stadiums in London.
That is like 600k+ people

29 minutes ago, readytowind said:

Though swifties claim to have the biggest tour.

wierdly Enough, there are no official grossing reports for that.

And over the world, no one outside swifties and fans knows her name or remembers her song.

And her number of unknown hits are still behind beyonce and even Ariana grande over the world.

That's a tragedy.

Do you know what Pollstar is, and do you understand why their estimates are reliable?

4 minutes ago, readytowind said:

Touring is big now. She's definitely benefitting.

But why no hits??

Madonna has the biggest number no. 1  hits all over the world. Defeating all other girls mlby miles.

Yes.

Your taylor will never.

No official.

I recommend her defeating Ariana grande first and come back with unforgettable hits.

Do you know what Anti-Hero and Cruel Summer are?

GlamSlam
2 minutes ago, Clauss said:

So, the answer is no, she hasn't had an audience that big for one night. Thanks for your thread participation. :clap3:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, readytowind said:

Touring is big now. She's benefitting.

But why no hits??

Yes.

Your taylor will never.

Taylor is miles ahead of Ariana in hits. Ariana has never even had a song with more than 700k points. 

and Madonna never even had a #1 longer than 7 weeks:bibliahh: give me a break. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Man I wish swifties here would just shut up. They’re so weak sauce with their sort of rebuttals.

as easy as it might be to destroy the other side, they still find ways to take an L with their weak ass responses.

its actually befuddling. 

Edited by Kasix
  • Thumbs Down 1

GlamSlam
10 minutes ago, Kasix said:

Madonna never even had a #1 longer than 7 weeks:bibliahh: give me a break. 

:rip: Imagine talking as if Taylors extra week at #1 is a huge accomplishment in a climate where competition is scarce.

She would've been trampled on in the 80s and 90s. lol

40 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

By a female artist, yes!

“Are you the oldest person in this house?” 

“In this room? Yes!” 

“no but in this house are you the oldest person?”

”in this room? Yes” 

that’s you. 

25 minutes ago, Clauss said:

if madonna at her peak wanted to play that many nights in one place, she could. as if she couldnt?? madonna is the best selling female artist there and sold the most records by a female. and set the most no.1s for a female. she already broke and set many records in old days. sure, in old days, the touring market was much smaller and less expensive than now.

nonetheless, madonna is not the kind of artist who does tour that extensively either. with her sticky tour, she didnt play more than 90 shows. thats how she is.

but still i dont have receipts of official grosses by her.

Edited by readytowind
  • Like 1

GlamSlam
1 minute ago, Kasix said:

“Are you the oldest person in this house?” 

“In this room? Yes!” 

“no but in this house are you the oldest person?”

”in this room? Yes” 

that’s you. 

and this is you right now...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Kasix said:

Taylor is miles ahead of Ariana in hits. Ariana has never even had a song with more than 700k points. 

and Madonna never even had a #1 longer than 7 weeks:bibliahh: give me a break. 

ariana grande has more no.1 hits than taylor in the world. so its not my fault. 

i think you cant read.

i was talking about the world. but why are you suggesting only the billboard???

because your favorite is that local?

give me a break

:coffee2:

Edited by readytowind
  • Like 1

Just now, readytowind said:

ariana grande has more no.1 hits than taylor in the world. so its not my fault. 

i think you dont read.

i was talking about the world. but why are you suggesting only billboard???

because your favorite is that local?

Taylor has 4 global #1s and Ariana has 2. 

if you’re referring to #1s by the various charts of the world, then Idk about Ariana but It I know anti hero is #1 in 13 countries which is not too shabby & I doubt Ariana has done that. Moreover, i  know neither Ariana or Madonna has had an album go #1 in 30 different countries which Taylor has with midnights, I know this to be true because it’s the current record. 

So congratulations. You’re literally repeating an idiotic debunked point that was never true, except the swifties here are too weak sauce to give a proper response. lol.