Is Madonna really bigger than Taylor and Mariah?

Angelo

Look at the stats. Madonna has impressive numbers. I can clown on her sometimes and I’m a big Kylie fan, but I’m not here to lie either. Padam Padam was a phenomenal and well-deserved success, and in the wake of it, I wouldn’t rule similar success for Madonna out.

Currently, well, yes — many other female artists have an active and more dynamic presence on streaming platforms and charts. Her next era will be telling in terms of garnering a single that makes noise, but her albums as bodies of work tend to make noise all alone anyway.

Edited by KMO

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• readytowind

• GlamSlam

• Kasix

13 minutes ago, readytowind said:

i was talking about the world. but why are you suggesting only billboard???

because your favorite is that local?

Oh and - you sound like you’re from

a country that the US is running a couple military bases on. 

But seriously. We all start our conversations talking about the US at first because the US is the simply most important country in the world, Including the music market. 

Where else should we start? 

Not them Swiftes insinuating that Madonna - out of all people - is a touring flop. 

Now I have literally heard it all:

1) Elvis is a flop in the US

2) Mariah's albums sales in the US are "decent"

3) Madonna cannot tour. 

What's next? Predict the next big Swiftie claim below:

• Haha 2

GlamSlam
27 minutes ago, Kasix said:

i  know neither Ariana or Madonna has had an album go #1 in 30 different countries which Taylor has with midnights

Oh really?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/madonna-hits-number-one-on-itunes-in-over-40-countries-300013441.html

https://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/02/madonna-hits-1-49-countriesand-counting/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kasix said:

Oh and - you sound like you’re from

a country that the US is running a couple military bases on. 

But seriously. We all start our conversations talking about the US at first because the US is the simply most important country in the world, Including the music market. 

Where else should we start? 

Stay local for swifties if you may. While others are not.

47 minutes ago, Kasix said:

Taylor has 4 global #1s and Ariana has 2. 

if you’re referring to #1s by the various charts of the world, then Idk about Ariana but It I know anti hero is #1 in 13 countries which is not too shabby & I doubt Ariana has done that. Moreover, i  know neither Ariana or Madonna has had an album go #1 in 30 different countries which Taylor has with midnights, I know this to be true because it’s the current record. 

So congratulations. You’re literally repeating an idiotic debunked point that was never true, except the swifties here are too weak sauce to give a proper response. lol. 

It's not my fault your favorite failed to Crack the top 10 with no.1 hits in the world. No wonder people over the world dont know her forgettable songs.

:santa:

Edited by readytowind
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

That’s only the iTunes chart… itunes sales are only part of the sales, it’s not all of the sales & doesn’t mean it’ll be the #1 in a country’s overall chart.

Let me quickly demonstrate why mentioning iTunes chart is a bad idea: spacer.png

GlamSlam
7 minutes ago, Kasix said:

That’s only the iTunes chart… itunes sales are only part of the sales, it’s not all of the sales & doesn’t mean it’ll be the #1 in a country’s overall chart.

You made an incorrect statement and were corrected, be more specific next time.

Then again, it was a #1 in many countries. You said yourself that they're only part of the sales, and not all of the sales" so what makes you think Madonna's weren't higher?

LMAO at swiftie talkin about actual sales when streaming is basically rental music service, not record sales.

i cant

LOL:santa:

I wonder if anyone else had one of their albums debut with 1 million+ copies in another country, but the US.

Mariah never had a 1m debut in the US, but she has one in Japan. <3

Is that good? Please don't be offended. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlamSlam said:

You made an incorrect statement and were corrected, be more specific next time.

Then again, it was a #1 in many countries. You said yourself that they're only part of the sales, and not all of the sales" so what makes you think Madonna's weren't higher?

My original wording was “if you’re referring to #1s by the various charts of the world “

I don’t see how that could be interpreted as anything other than the official charts of different nations like ARIA of Australia; and instead be interpreted as a partial chart like an iTunes chart. 

anyhow, my original comment says midnights being the album the most #1 countries in the world. Which is true. spacer.pngThe second highest is Adele’s 25. I know this to be true because this was one of the metrics Taylor-hater used to parade around, that Adele was #1 in 27 countries or something. After midnights crossed it I’ve never seen another person brought this up

ever again. Funny. 

Lastly, to answer your question: how do I know if Madonna doesn’t have an album with more #1s? The question is we don’t, but she simply couldn’t have, because most countries don’t even have an official chart yet during her peak. Which is why talking “global performances” is such a laughable concept. Data are all fuzzy and incomplete. Even though Taylor is easily the biggest artist in the world I still wouldn’t talk about global stats. 

anyhow. I have no beef with Madge or anything. Just wanted to demonstrate that clearly Taylor has overtaken her in some aspects despite her pioneering pop music for women. I never intended to sound rude if it wasnt for that crazy user. Hope this clears things up. 

23 minutes ago, readytowind said:

LMAO at swiftie talkin about actual sales when streaming is basically rental music service, not record sales.

i cant

LOL:santa:

Look, clearly you’re not very smart.  all the plainly worded information or simplistic graphics couldn’t get inside your head, so let me reiterate it in kindergarten terms: 

The iTunes chart that you were so giddy about just a few minutes ago?

It’s Taylor at #1 on 125 countries, most in the platform’s history. And yes, iTunes only counts sales. 

the album with most #1s in the world? 
it’s Taylor midnights in 30 countries. 

anti hero is #1 in 13 different countries which is on par with other big hits.

She is the most streamed artist on Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music, also has the most listeners in all of those platforms. 

she also has the most listeners on Apple Music.

She sold the most album in a single year last year, at ~37M worldwide. 

so to that rusted, antiquated, disjointed, malfunctioning brain of yours,  it is time you get updated to the current reality. Taylor is #1 artist in this world and there is not a single metrics you can find that could deny it. 

have a fun time adjust to this new reality. 

Edited by Kasix
  • Like 1

In reality, Ms.swift couldn't Crack top 16 best selling female album artists For pure sales in europe.

In reality people in europe don't know her hits, let alone her local status.

Yeah they will preach the streaming when its a payola by paid playlisting.      

Again it's rental music service, not the record sales.

I dont rent my music. Sorry.

Edited by readytowind
  • Thanks 1

What is going on here :psyduck:

My streaming for the three of them (2011 - 2023)

2011 - 209 streams - Mariah ----------- 15 streams - Madonna ----------- 0 streams - Taylor

2012 - 1.354 streams - Mariah ----------755 streams - Madonna ----------0 streams - Taylor

2013 - 1,479 streams - Mariah ----------207 streams - Madonna ----------0 streams - Taylor

2014 - 3,928 streams - Mariah ----------204 streams - Madonna ---------222 streams - Taylor

2015 - 4,094 streams - Mariah ----------2,472 streams - Madonna -------118 streams - Taylor

2016 - 4,225 streams - Mariah --------- 705 streams - Madonna ---------229 streams - Taylor

2017 - 3,608 streams - Mariah ----------422 streams - Madonna ---------672 streams - Taylor

2018 - 5,252 streams - Mariah ----------313 streams - Madonna ----------403 streams - Taylor

2019 - 6,394 streams - Mariah ----------2,227 streams - Madonna --------981 streams - Taylor

2020 - 6,733 streams - Mariah ----------290 streams - Madonna ----------413 streams - Taylor

2021 - 4,552 streams - Mariah ----------397 streams - Madonna ---------- 5 streams - Taylor

2022 - 4,746 streams - Mariah ----------505 streams - Madonna ---------- 397 streams - Taylor

2023 - 3,421 streams - Mariah ----------280 streams - Madonna -----------530 streams - Taylor

Alltime Ranking: #1 - Mariah ------------- #15 - Madonna ------------------- #57 - Taylor

Alltime Females: #1 - Mariah -------------- #3 - Madonna -------------------- #19 - Taylor

Total streams since October 2011:

Lemme add Whitney and Janet because they have been clashed as well:

#1 - 50,269 streams - Mariah

#8 - 11,996 streams - Florence Welch

#15 - 8,813 streams - Madonna

#18 - 7,074 streams - Whitney

#36 - 5,546 streams - Janet

#57 - 3,976 streams - Taylor

Edited by stevyy

I'm listening to Madonna right now. <3

join me. 

• Thanks 1

GlamSlam
Just now, stevyy said:

join me. 

Funnily enough, I was listening to the Butterfly album, but I'll join you. :heart:

• Like 1

Just now, GlamSlam said:

Funnily enough, I was listening to the Butterfly album, but I'll join you. :heart:

I'm spinning the Music album right now. It's under-appreciated. 

The title track alone is sooooooooooooooooo good. <3

Its such a good follow-up to Ray of Light, imo. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevyy said:

join me. 

3 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

I was listening to Daydream lmao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

I was listening to Daydream lmao

Let's turn this thread into a streaming party for all three of them. <3

• Like 1

Now playing: I Deserve It from the fantastic album, Music. 

I love mellow-acoustic Madonna. (I love any incarnation or sound by her tbh, but I'm also a huge fan of ballads). 

GlamSlam
45 minutes ago, stevyy said:

I'm spinning the Music album right now. It's under-appreciated. 

The title track alone is sooooooooooooooooo good. <3

Its such a good follow-up to Ray of Light, imo. 

I agree. It's such a good album. Paradise alone. :heart:

This thread is hilarious to read because after the first few pages it just turns into the same few members losing their minds fuming over Taylor for literal days:skull:

35 minutes ago, 1989 said:

This thread is hilarious to read because after the first few pages it just turns into the same few members losing their minds fuming over Taylor for literal days:skull:

Read the room. Stream Madonna.

This issa party.